LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont worry, Im quite the noob as well, and this forum has definitely helped a lot on my decision making for mods and what not. Most of us here are just doing bolt-on things anyway, its not like we're rebuilding our engines :p

Dont worry, Im quite the noob as well, and this forum has definitely helped a lot on my decision making for mods and what not. Most of us here are just doing bolt-on things anyway, its not like we're rebuilding our engines :p

Yeah true. O well, we will definetly start a thread and keep track of our work.

lol yea you two are keeping it going. its been a while since i was on the forum regularly and alot of people have droped off from this. i thought that they already made the kit but i guess not. do you guys have any mods other than intakes or exhaust?

lol yea you two are keeping it going. its been a while since i was on the forum regularly and alot of people have droped off from this. i thought that they already made the kit but i guess not. do you guys have any mods other than intakes or exhaust?

Yeah, well I have been on this forum since May(or July maybe), so it hasn't been that long of a wait for me. If they end up producing this turbo kit, I will look for other mods, but at the time, I'm not really worried about the exhaust. I have a drop-in filter from Rallitek.

Couldn't we always submit a request into Rallitek/AVO for a custom fitting turbo kit if they don't mass produce this? I mean, it seems like they are getting close to finalizing this thing, so it wouldn't be that difficult I would guess.

Im not sure if they're willing to custom fit a turbo kit for a couple of people only. Then they need to spend some time on R&D again just for a few people and it might not be worth their time.

I just did a mass order of stuff waiting to go into my car, along with my 30,000km service: AVO panel filter, Rallitek transmission mount bushing, Group A throttle body spacer, Group A alternator pulley, and Group A crank pulley. Im also lowered on Vogtland springs.

Im not sure if they're willing to custom fit a turbo kit for a couple of people only. Then they need to spend some time on R&D again just for a few people and it might not be worth their time.

Hmmm, well I hope we don't have to find out! I don't plan on ditching the 2.5i anytime soon, so I am willing to wait. I have atleast 2-3 more years before I would even start thinking about upgrading to a WRX/LGT.

Same here, I love the car. It's not what you'd call "fast", but it has enough power to get anyone in trouble. It's still fun to drive, handles well, looks great, reliable, and rare. I'll probably keep it until it cant run anymore, only 30,000km (18,750 miles) on it so far and I've had it for 2 years :lol:

...you mean from this forum? From Rallitek or AVO? Ha I had to LOL a bit at your profile pic.

yes from this fourm, they had a page on the rallitek site that had a pic of the set up for the impreza 2.5RS and said it could cross over to us leggy owners with the addition of a FMC, that page has since been removed.

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

I just did a mass order of stuff waiting to go into my car, along with my 30,000km service: AVO panel filter, Rallitek transmission mount bushing, Group A throttle body spacer, Group A alternator pulley, and Group A crank pulley. Im also lowered on Vogtland springs.

let me know how all that works out cuz im interested in the same items. especialy tye trans mounts cuz i beleive mine are bad.

i dont know if any one has thought about doing there own turbo set up but i was thinking that the turbo set up from say the baja turbo might just bolt on to the legacy with minor mods. just a though if any one wanted to do some research on that. the only thing that i would think is a problem is the turbo manifold.

Same here, I love the car. It's not what you'd call "fast", but it has enough power to get anyone in trouble. It's still fun to drive, handles well, looks great, reliable, and rare. I'll probably keep it until it cant run anymore, only 30,000km (18,750 miles) on it so far and I've had it for 2 years :lol:

Wow, I have almost put that many miles on mine and I've had it since February. :rolleyes: I'm up around 45k miles now. +1 to all of the above, by the way.

While we are waiting for AVO to get the hardware together, we should talk engine management.

What type of EM system would you guys like? Accessport? Piggyback? Standalone?

Some things to think about are: cost, performance, and installation.

AP - very easy to use, would add $695 to kit

Standalone - unmatched performance capability, would require fine tuning, but can be fully custom tuned for additional mods or....adds $1800 to kit

Piggyback - would need to wire-in, only adds $400 to kit. (current system)

The current kits run a piggyback to keep cost down as much as possible.

Your input is welcome.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

While we are waiting for AVO to get the hardware together, we should talk engine management.

What type of EM system would you guys like? Accessport? Piggyback? Standalone?

Some things to think about are: cost, performance, and installation.

Well, for me personally, I would look for practical EM. This is the daily driver, so I wouldn't need an insane custom tuning for track use, but I would like to get as much as I can from a turbo/exhaust setup. I am completely new to the whole idea of engine management, and I am trying to do as much research as I can. So if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

let me know how all that works out cuz im interested in the same items. especialy tye trans mounts cuz i beleive mine are bad.

I'll let you know how it goes, I'll probably have it installed sometime next week, I believe they're arriving tomorrow. :)

Engine management wise, I think most of us will be fine with a piggyback. This will probably be the last mod for our N/A engines, and there's not much out there to add on top of the turbo kit that would require more fine tuning.

Engine management wise, I think most of us will be fine with a piggyback. This will probably be the last mod for our N/A engines, and there's not much out there to add on top of the turbo kit that would require more fine tuning.

i agree, i dun think we're looking for mad power or custom tuning (well for me that's the case)... and 1800 compared to 400 is way too much... btw i'm still interested in this as i read updates everyday lol...

btw so is there a release date for this?

i agree, i dun think we're looking for mad power or custom tuning (well for me that's the case)... and 1800 compared to 400 is way too much... btw i'm still interested in this as i read updates everyday lol...

btw so is there a release date for this?

Ok so with the piggyback, does it link up directly to the ECU? Do we still have the ability to load maps?

-Piggyback you can still custom tune and load different maps. It has to be wired into the car. So install involves soldering wires. Cost is $400-$450

-Accessport just plugs in and allows more control over the ecu, and is really easy to use. Cost is $695

A few questions:

Sounds like an powerful standalone is overkill...?

Do you guys like the idea of a wire-in, or an Accessport better?

How familiar is everyone with our P6 or Accessport?

Thanks!

Keep in mind I'm not the tuning expert here(This would be my first tuned turbo car!!!):

So with the soldering, how easily can a car be reverted back to stock if a problem arises? I would like to be able to get out of any bind just as fast as I got in. Someone did have the piggyback on their 2.5i(I think the guy who has the Civic now), he made it sound like it wasn't too difficult to manage.

However IMO, $300 bucks more for the Accessport isn't that big of a difference when talking 3-4K for a kit, and more accuracy. I mean if we are going to do the install, we might as well not skimp.

I'm sure I will not be installing this myself, probably my local Subaru tuning shop. I would like to make it an easy install/tune and be able to smooth out any bumps along the way without much trouble.

I'm not the only potential buyer here though, so lets hear some more opinions! By the way, happy Thanksgiving to all!

Archived