LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

you and me both ^^^ i got another 25k on my warranty, so who knows by then if i still have this car or not, a local subie dealership has an '05 GT with 32k on it for 16,000 I might try to talk them down on it and trade mine in for it

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you and me both ^^^ i got another 25k on my warranty, so who knows by then if i still have this car or not, a local subie dealership has an '05 GT with 32k on it for 16,000 I might try to talk them down on it and trade mine in for it

Yeah only if you can sell yours for what you owe which is impossible unless you put down several thousand.

Anyway I am curious to see the outcome of the Turbo N/A I want to see the numbers :lol:

Is the stock drivetrain going to be capable of it? I know we talked about this once gee-otto but since we really don't know much about the 05+ how do we know how this kit will be? Is it going to be a small turbo? Are there going to be a lot of components that are going to need upgrades?

Yeah only if you can sell yours for what you owe which is impossible unless you put down several thousand.

I already own the car, thats why I was able to get it for so cheap, I was car-less for a month after my accident and I needed something immediately. I could of had the 05 LGT at the time i was shopping but the dealership that had it i didn't like how the salesman talked to me. i put a down payment with whatever cash I had available right away on the '09 and with the money i got from insurance and other money i didn't have immediate access to right away I paid it off this past week.

I am pretty curious about this as well... but I think it would take too long to see real longevity effects of the turbo kit on an N/A engine that is not meant for a turbo.

Check NASIOC for folks that have turbo kits. We have hundreds of kits sold over the years. Our kits are designed to work with the factory components. Only a clutch upgrade will be required. If you keep trying to build more power you will need upgrades, but the kits as they are designed are completely reliable. We would not sell them if we thought folks would have failures from regular use.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

what about with a 4EAT?

4EAT should have no problems with it. There's a member here with a 4EAT Forester 2.5XT with STi swap pumping out over 300+ AWHP

and yes, as Rallitek suggests, a tranny cooler will help. I'll be getting a Hayden 1676 regardless of this turbo kit just for extra insurance and longevity of the tranny.

Prices I've seen online are around $50. It's usually beneficial for cars who do heavy towing, so I'm sure it'll also help in daily driving situations, stop-and-go traffic, spirited driving, Auto-X, etc...

FMIC will make for a nice sleeper. :) I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. This is something that I will be interested in once my warranty runs out.

this is the ultimate sleeper

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuYCXgrCNQ]YouTube - Sentra SR20DET Vs S2000[/ame]

Is the stock drivetrain going to be capable of it? I know we talked about this once gee-otto but since we really don't know much about the 05+ how do we know how this kit will be? Is it going to be a small turbo? Are there going to be a lot of components that are going to need upgrades?

The trans will be fine the clutch will be the weak point as another member pointed out for the power one will have the rest of the drive train should be able to handle it. IM pretty sure they will use most of the same stuff as the Impreza kit

I already own the car, thats why I was able to get it for so cheap, I was car-less for a month after my accident and I needed something immediately. I could of had the 05 LGT at the time i was shopping but the dealership that had it i didn't like how the salesman talked to me. i put a down payment with whatever cash I had available right away on the '09 and with the money i got from insurance and other money i didn't have immediate access to right away I paid it off this past week.

Nice then you are golden my friend

Yeah after reading and hearing from the people that have the kits over on NASIOC if you do what it is specified for you will be able to run this kit worry free one guy has his kit on for 12*** miles and counting no issues yet he upgraded to a Exedy Clutch PP LWFW for and extra $650 on top of the kits and installed himself I think once a few guys get the kits and install and do what Rallitek recommends and not try to run 19psi more and more people will tag along. As stated it will be nice to see a 2.5i turbo

^^ Yeah well from what I can tell many have been and from reading it seems the AVO folks are gonna have something for the 2.5i crowd soon I think the numbers are growing for it. the GC8 vids with the kits are SICK at 6psi the dude almost double output

Archived