LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

looks like a lowered BMW X3 with a Pacifica grille with an LGT motor shoved in :lol:

Good call.

And seriously, is a sharp shoulder crease a must have in 21st century styling nowadays....?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of people should get fired for this. Grossness in it's purest form... My sister who knows nothing about cars said "oh it looks like that other little ugly car" she meant the mazda 3. She also noted that the current one is no pageant winner either... I honestly feel like Subaru tries to fukc things up. A group of 3rd graders could run that company better. A$$es.

Ugly is a comparitive word, next to the new Impreza that EVO X looks pretty damn hot.

I'll reserve judgment on the Impreza until April 5.

Right now I'll say that if this "leaked" pic is correct, I'll have to go get myself an '07 and call it a day.

I wouldn't want an Evo XIII, VIIII or X. All ugly.

EDIT: Or rather, in 7-10 years when I actually plan on buying a new car, I'll probably end up going back to Honda/Acura. Their cars may not be cutting edge looks wise, but it works.

Actually, I think the car looks good, except for the grille/front end: Subaru has finally succumbed to the smiling-grille syndrome.

I am betting there are psychologists employed by carmakers who tell them to put smiles on the front end of cars (cute/lovable/happy) and frowns on trucks (aggressive, menacing).

Look at all the cars that have a smiling "mouth" for a grille. It is ridiculous: Honda, Toyota, Nissan,Mazda, Lexus, Acura, Chevrolet, Saturn, Hyundai, Kia....

So many variations in overall styling, yet always similar generic smiling front ends

One of the reasons I bought my Legacy is the distinctive hexagonal grille shape.

I must admit though that Subaru has outdone the competition with the '08 Imprezza: Not only does it have a smiling grille, but the whole front end (bumper and headlights) is being distorted by the smile. The new Imprezza outsmiles every other car. They should include a tube of lipstick as standard equipment so the owner will be able to tart it (her?) up.

they coulda made the new impreza look just like a ferrari, and you'd all get on here and say "it looks like a stupid corvette." lol

seriously though, every new impreza has had its shortcomings in the design department. when the gc rs was first released a decade ago, it was just a corolla with a hood scoop. nobody understood why you'd pay $22K for one. now everyone wants one, again. when the bugeye hippo gd was released, well, we all know the responses that got. and now everyone is nostalgic about it and boasts the bugeye religiously. and when the '04 came out, everyone hated the big foglight delete and altezza taillights. i think "transformer" was referenced about a million times for 6 straight months. now it's the "it" STI to own because the aircraft design of the current model has really alienated people...well, about as much as each previous generation.

so to be superfluously redundant, the previous generation impreza is always better looking than the current model. subaru designs their cars, and their engines for that matter, with a subversive penchant for an underdog appeal. they MAKE you want to love them. the models are different, yet so similar to their slightly cheaper fwd econobox rivals. i remember when "camry" was the only word used for the new bl/bp legacy's design.

look at the brand new civic type r and tell me honda isn't trying to do the same thing, blending in yet over-the-top different. i don't love everything about the new impreza, but as a platform to improve off of, and to race around the track, this thing is going to lay waste to all previous models...and all rivals. and in doing so, makes the next gen. legacy all that much more better. :)

and btw it actually looks like a 9-2x had a baby with a mazdaspeed 3, with a legacy, tribeca, vibe, and an X3 as grandparents...brilliant!

I am betting there are psychologists employed by carmakers who tell them to put smiles on the front end of cars (cute/lovable/happy) ....

I must admit though that Subaru has outdone the competition with the '08 Imprezza: Not only does it have a smiling grille, but the whole front end (bumper and headlights) is being distorted by the smile. The new Imprezza outsmiles every other car. They should include a tube of lipstick as standard equipment so the owner will be able to tart it (her?) up.

Hey, who doesn't love Cars.

Maybe I should show this picture of the Impreza to baby-Anna? :wub:

:lol: :lol: :spin::lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I think she was the one who deisgned it!

Looks like the work of an infant. :lol:

The interior looks alot like the current generation lancer (read cheap)

has anyone seen the pics of the new highlander? the interior design is mysteriously identical, right down to the nav screen...damnded toyota.

I think she was the one who deisgned it!

Looks like the work of an infant. :lol:

The interior looks alot like the current generation lancer (read cheap)

^ Hey now, hey now, Anna's Thanksgiving Turkey handprint was actually a better design, IMveryHO! :p

:lol: :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hooray! Now we will get tons more turbo and TMIC options. Perrin, TDC, Blouch, Deadbolt,and AVO will be able to lower their prices to satisfy the glut of WRX owners that are going to want OUR engine parts!

Oh, and that's a pretty bland looking POS. I hope the STi will get a more aggressive face.

This is the best thing the car has going for it in my book. My fingers are crossed that it has the legacy vf40 turbo!!!!!

335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

Overall shape is okay. Only so much you can do with a compact 5-door. A swing and a miss on the front end though. Not a fan of the smiley-face. Could have used a bit more bulges in the fender. Back end reminds me of a Stormtrooper.

I am betting there are psychologists employed by carmakers who tell them to put smiles on the front end of cars (cute/lovable/happy) and frowns on trucks (aggressive, menacing).

I hope so. Then I can work for Subaru when I graduate.

Im sorry nothing beats this car.

Hopefully my next car if they eventually release it here.

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos/3050822.001/1010big.jpg

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos/3050822.001/1011big.jpg

It is pretty wild... but I still can't believe this shift to do away with sedans all over the world and turn them all into quasi-hatchbacks, but with 4 doors.

To me it just sends it into the early twenties demographic.

And no, I don't relate this new quasi-hatch design premise to be close to a full wagon.

that looks just like a '94 pontiac sunfire...:p just joking. i'd buy that too...if i didn't hate the mitsu crowd! gotta bite the ugly bullet just to hang with the nicest crowds in car nerd-dom. hear that mitsu owners. quit being jerks so i can buy the new evo!:lol:

Wow,

Someone at SOA REALLY wants the company to go out of business. Either that or there was a serious love connection between higher ups at SOA and Toyota.

What Are they thinking?

More ugly than BMWs

Wow,

Someone at SOA REALLY wants the company to go out of business. Either that or there was a serious love connection between higher ups at SOA and Toyota.

What Are they thinking?

More ugly than BMWs

eh, probably actually. sad. next thing will be the tribeca looking even more like a pontiac aztec.

Archived