LegacyGT.com

Headlight clearing (w/pics)

Only reason I did not go with a silver amber bulb is I live in the middle of now where and havent sourced the bulb yet. Soon it will get replaced.

Check out my #313 post, I have a picture that would look great with your set-up.

Here's the link again. http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

When I receive mine, I'll post pics of before & afters.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I came across pics of JDM headlamps (hids, btw) that do not have these ugly amber pieces.

I do see some "amber" there, would it be from amber bulbs? I think EDM Legacies also have clear headlights, although I am pretty sure reflectors (perhaps just clear) are also required by ECE code (used in Europe).

I can't tell from the pics - maybe someone else can - is there any other clear piece in place of the amber one, or it's actually identical to USDM headlamp with the amber piece removed (other than being hid and JDM)?

:confused:

jdmhids.jpg.e949c025ffdba77745a5efcaf83bf635.jpg

jdmhids2.jpg.f4e8e588467fd14597f1d59b986c8080.jpg

I came across pics of JDM headlamps (hids, btw) that do not have these ugly amber pieces.

I do see some "amber" there, would it be from amber bulbs? I think EDM Legacies also have clear headlights, although I am pretty sure reflectors (perhaps just clear) are also required by ECE code (used in Europe).

I can't tell from the pics - maybe someone else can - is there any other clear piece in place of the amber one, or it's actually identical to USDM headlamp with the amber piece removed (other than being hid and JDM)?

:confused:

I don't see any clear pieces...looks like there's nothing in there.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting that EDM and JDM lamps are not sealed. The lens is held with screws to the lamp body.

How ironic, since they have no stupid reflectors to clear in the first place...

• 4 weeks later...
sub-mother ******-scribe

1st mod to be done

if you're ever down this way I'll be more than happy to help you out kiddo :icon_wink

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

witness protection program :icon_wink:lol:

I'm in NY. Just gettin my point across about some fool that wants to keep harassing me :icon_wink

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

i cleared out my 3rd set of headlights the other week. used the heat gun method this time. took longer to get the goop heated enough to break the seal, but a lot less risk in melting them (long story for set #2). haven't reinstalled the third set yet, but perhaps next weekend or soon after. i just hope i resealed them well.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Thanks man. Have you ever been given crap about cleared lights during a NY inspection?

nope. I think it just depends on where you go though.

Alright, I just dont want to do it and then catch hell when I try to get it inspected

I can't honestly say you wont catch hell for it Acz. I haven't. Most places don't even know what kind of car it is to begin with so they have no idea what the lights are supposed to look like. I guess if you're that worried then don't do it. Either that or look for a local with uncleared & swap for inspection. I guess you could put the amber back in if needed.

I have condensation in mine and I have rebaked my headlight 3 times now to get it out. I think I am leaking where the rubber grommet is in the cap for my HID's I need to rebake and seal the grommet and see if it comes back

it happens. I did 1 set using just the original sealant & got no condensation. Then I did another set using sealant & I got condesation in 1 & had to re-do it. Who knows why it happens:iam: but it's not the biggest deal to do them over. Just a little PITA.

I have some pretty bad condensation one of mine as well and it has been too cold to pull the light recently. My plan is to pull the one headlight, take out the bulbs, re-bake and add sealant around the seam when it cools (didn't seal the first time). The problem is making sure there is no relative humidity in the light once it's sealed... Anyone have a vacuum chamber?

Also, the condensation left tiny water marks on the inside of the lens... I'm gonna need to get a polishing cloth in through the bulb holes somehow...