LegacyGT.com

Headlight clearing (w/pics)

OK, well the stuff works awesome however it's rated for high temps so not likely useable again. you'd have to reseal if you needed to break them open for a second time. I'll let you know later how it goes, but picked it up at the local auto parts store in the sealant and gaskets section. not cheap, $15/bottle.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh oh Oh Oh Oh... oh oh Oh Oh! oh oh Oh Oh Oh... The right stuff!

Can anyone name that group? I'll give you a hint; boy band. This question is for the old timers.

i try to forget those years of boy bands.... ;)

First off: 28 isn't old.

Second: The band you are looking for is New Kids on the Block.

Third: If you tell anyone I remembered the name of the band, I will deny it.

I'm telling everyone tomorrow, Ralph!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Second: The band you are looking for is New Kids on the Block.

Third: If you tell anyone I remembered the name of the band, I will deny it.

^ :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sitting in the middle of the lab, roaring with laughter. :lol:

I hope the security guards aren't making their rounds, they'll think I'm crazy! :lol::lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I cleared my headlights two weekends ago using this writeup... Thank you!

Used silverstars for the blinkers.

Full shot:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/090307/legacy01.jpg

Lights off: (colors are not altered, the blue reflection is from the silverstars)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/090307/legacy09.jpg

Lights on:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/090307/legacy11.jpg

Night:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/090407/HDR04.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I tried to see what I need to take off to get the bumper off. I've got a HID kit and I'm going to work a lot more comfortably if I take the headlights off.

However, I ran into trouble when I tried to unscrew the two marked screw in the picture. They are STUCK on big time, both of them. I tried a Philips screwdriver and the darn things would not even budge. I just wanna make sure, am I twisting clockwise or counter clockwise? :lol:

Anyone else run into the same issue?

1460020560_bumper20off20close.JPG.8cfa842b8854eed4bf8a573fb430eec3.JPG

If you are doing an HID install, why are you taking off all of this? It is not even close to necessary.

I would understand if you are clearing your headlights, but just to do HID's, remove the battery on the driver's side and the air filter box on the passenger side and you will be just fine.

I considered that avenue also but I dunno. I don't want to drill the caps, that's the thing, I want to fit everything like factory. It seemed that taking the lights off would be the best, easiest thing to do. I might try then to just do it your way and see if I can manage to not screw anything up. But those two screws still bother me :)

I considered that avenue also but I dunno. I don't want to drill the caps, that's the thing, I want to fit everything like factory. It seemed that taking the lights off would be the best, easiest thing to do. I might try then to just do it your way and see if I can manage to not screw anything up. But those two screws still bother me :)

Use a 10mm socket. and they are counterclockwise to loosen.

If a bolt or machine screw has both philips and a hex head, use a socket to loosen or tighten....you can use the philips for threading inbetween those two extremes.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Yeah socket is the way to go. I installed the Apexcone kit a few weeks back and drilling the caps is the way to go. The grommets they come with are the perfect size, make an air tight seal and will give you no issues.

If you are the least bit uncomfortable with that, use some sealant and you'll be good for sure. No issues for me...