LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

Thanks again.

Anybody here know any links to how the CL/OL tables work? I have a rough idea, but it would be nice to read something more about it.

Ignition, fuel, DA, etc.. are all fairly simple really, but the AVCS seem a bit harder for me to quite master.

I know how they should optimally perform on a NA car. It has been recommended to me to run 40 degrees AVCS from 1.8 load and higher except the bottom row. Supposedly this will help spool a bit.

???

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being that i am lazy right now and dont feel like looking through all of this stuff. how much more boost should you have over stock? reason for asking.

Stage 1. 1? 2? 3? 4? 5? where should it be here at stage 1?

If my mind serves me correct not making any boost in 1. 2nd i am only making around 7-8lbs. 3rd- making around 12-high 14lbs. kind of hard to tell because i have not taken the plastic protective cover off of the lens until i get my cubby pod. and 4th about the same as thrid. 5th back down to about 12.

Just curious where i should be at or if i have a leak in the newly installed line.

that and shouldnt you be making just a tad bit more boost over stock being stage I?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Stock boost targets (approx.)

1st: 10 PSI

2nd:11 PSI

3rd: 13 PSI

4th: 13.5 PSI

5th: 13.5 PSI

Stg 1 boost targets (approx.)

1st: 11 PSI

2nd:12 PSI

3rd: 15 PSI

4th: 15 PSI

5th: 15 PSI

I understand COBB's official endorsement, but seeing as I am data-logging on every single drive to and from work the Tactrix cable makes things much much simplier.

There's a discussion going on at Enginuity.org about injector pulse width and duty cycles at/over 100%. Are you still peaking at 100% IDCs? If so, please read the following thread first and ask yourself if you really want to... If the answer is "yes," then please do some logging, we need a guinea pig. :)

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=2127

Would you mind doing a few logs with just IDC (percentage), AFR, injector pulse width (milliseconds, not percentage), load, and RPM? That's a short list of parameters to keep the log rate fast. If you have a wideband O2 then so much the better... the stock O2 might not be worth much outside of the 14.7 range but I'm still curious. And make sure you get some > 100% IDC stuff in the logs of course.

Basically I'm really curious what happens to your AFRs at 100% IDC and above. If you read the thread you'll see why.

There's a discussion going on at Enginuity.org about injector pulse width and duty cycles at/over 100%. Are you still peaking at 100% IDCs? If so, please read the following thread first and ask yourself if you really want to... If the answer is "yes," then please do some logging, we need a guinea pig. :)

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=2127

Would you mind doing a few logs with just IDC (percentage), AFR, injector pulse width (milliseconds, not percentage), load, and RPM? That's a short list of parameters to keep the log rate fast. If you have a wideband O2 then so much the better... the stock O2 might not be worth much outside of the 14.7 range but I'm still curious. And make sure you get some > 100% IDC stuff in the logs of course.

Basically I'm really curious what happens to your AFRs at 100% IDC and above. If you read the thread you'll see why.

He figured it all out and it is fine :lol: The theory is that duty cycle is arbitrary and that the injectors can open as long as requuired, even if that is physically impossible.

Trying to suggest otherwise is pointless ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody with any more knowledge about the CL/OL delays?

I have three tables with 3 boxes in each.

Which ones are for the delays from CL to OL? I would like to adjust them down, but keep the delays from OL to CL the same, if that can be done.

if you set them all to zero won't the delays be matched?

on another note, can anyone explain why there seem to be two fuel economy peaks for the lower load cells? I've found that I can get very good economy with 0 AVCS and a bunch of advance OR moderate AVCS and much less advance (~5 deg less). My running theory is that the 0 AVCS setting is self EGRing and the extra timing is needed because of the charge dilution whereas the moderate AVCS point has better VE and compression. So far the economy peak is at 6.8L/100km at 105 kph :)

if you set them all to zero won't the delays be matched?

on another note, can anyone explain why there seem to be two fuel economy peaks for the lower load cells? I've found that I can get very good economy with 0 AVCS and a bunch of advance OR moderate AVCS and much less advance (~5 deg less). My running theory is that the 0 AVCS setting is self EGRing and the extra timing is needed because of the charge dilution whereas the moderate AVCS point has better VE and compression. So far the economy peak is at 6.8L/100km at 105 kph :)

I have no idea how the delays work, I don't think they have to be matched.

Send me your fuel economy map, 6.8 l/100 is just nuts. Have you tested that steady state, no wind, slope etc..?

OK, so what exactly is happening with the delays?

All 0s means NO delay when rpm, mph, throttle position (relative to rpm), etc.... is exceeded, or it means least amount of delay?

Is one of the delays for the transition from OL back to CL, I would still like a delay to be there, but I don't want a delay going from CL to OL. Make sense?

I have a feeling nobody here really knows they just like talkin. (not that I am innocent of that:lol:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I'm building a new basemap soon and I wanted your input on CEL's to suppress...am I missing anything?

P0546 EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH-BANK - Uppipe

P2096 POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO LEAN BANK - Downpipe

P0420 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD - Downpipe

Hey Rich,

Here is what I turn off:

P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Low Voltage

P0138 - Rear O2 Sensor High Voltage

P0139 - Rear O2 Sensor Slow Response

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

P0545 - EGT Sensor Circuit Low

P0546 - EGT Sensor Circuit High

P1301 - Misfire Detected (High Temp Exhaust Gas)

P1312 - EGT Sensor Malfunction

P2096 - Post Catalyst Too Lean

P2097 - Post Catalyst Too Rich

And for my setup, I also have all the TGV codes off as well....

Actually, looking back, I'm not sure why the rear O2 is turned off? I think Cobb had this off, so I just left it...

yes. I've tried experiments with the AVCS map for economy.

you can get good economy with 0 AVCS but you need a bunch of timing advance. you can get slightly better economy with higher avcs but less advance (I did the experiments over a 8 hour drive where the settings were altered every min to randomize the experiment). With the AVCS hole you get all sorts of weird drivability issues as you transition in and out of it. Another thing to note is that the economy goes downhill fast if you have even a degree or two too much AVCS.