LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

I got ST coming, now I need a WB.

Any good sensors (don't need a gauge, laptop works fine for me) that use a USB connection, instead of a serial port? Serial port adapters don't seem to like my laptop, I am on my third one, and while I can get them to work they are so finicky!

Zeitronix, straightforward and easy to hook up. Doesn't need calibration.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum..stick with 0 :lol: Mine were at 300. Here is the thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43450

heres the interesting thing about running 0 ol/cl delays;

the ecu logic just abandons calculated load and RPM params and uses the primary fuel table to set AFRs; it even trims out with the o2 sensor.

edit: I was being a bit simplistic with how it acts.

You are going to have to find a serial -> USB adapter anyway to get the OBD2 port to work.

Not if you have a Tactrix cable :);) ... which also opens up many more options as well as being OBD2>USB. Not to mention being MUCH smaller thus being far more left foot friendly. It also stays plugged in much more securely than the AP cable.

And, if chosing the LM1, e.g., you will need 2 adaptors.

Now the only time I use my (Radio Shack) serial>USB adaptor is when I reprogram my Cooling Mist Controller, and for loading/unloading my AP.

Examination of the v1.16 ST maps provided by Cobb shows all delays set to 0.

Because of that, and because I have had conflicting recommendations I've left it alone.

And I'd like to think, without being argumentative, that the ECU uses other parameters for entering and exiting OL/CL.

Boxer - I offered to help :lol:

I know ya did and I appreciate it. I don't wanna trouble you away from the M, you got your hands full with that and when needed, I can always come over and **** something up (bearings/hubs) to buy you time. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

The original thread RC posted discusses why I made the switch away from 0.

OK, read that. But I do not have nor have ever had the infamous 'studder.' That I have the 5EAT means I don't relate to the shifting anomalies. In fact, at this point in my tuning, my car works great under all conditions.

As far as the ECU abandoning OL/CL with 0 delays....

However, now that another evil doorway in ST has been cracked it means I will have to investigate.

Not if you have a Tactrix cable :);) ... which also opens up many more options as well as being OBD2>USB. Not to mention being MUCH smaller thus being far more left foot friendly. It also stays plugged in much more securely than the AP cable.

And, if chosing the LM1, e.g., you will need 2 adaptors.

Now the only time I use my (Radio Shack) serial>USB adaptor is when I reprogram my Cooling Mist Controller, and for loading/unloading my AP.

Good point.

-I ordered the Tactrix (been meaning to do that).

-Ordered the M-300 for ST

FWIW I talked to Jarrad at PDX and he said they were changing all of their LM1s for whatever company does the M-300 becasue of timing errors and a few other problems they were having. They M-300 seems to be widely recommended.

Good point.

-I ordered the Tactrix (been meaning to do that).

-Ordered the M-300 for ST

FWIW I talked to Jarrad at PDX and he said they were changing all of their LM1s for whatever company does the M-300 becasue of timing errors and a few other problems they were having. They M-300 seems to be widely recommended.

Not according to this article:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64936

which just proves that it is impossible to get definitive answers to some of these questions.

OK, read that. But I do not have nor have ever had the infamous 'studder.' That I have the 5EAT means I don't relate to the shifting anomalies. In fact, at this point in my tuning, my car works great under all conditions.

As far as the ECU abandoning OL/CL with 0 delays....

However, now that another evil doorway in ST has been cracked it means I will have to investigate.

My car does as well, I guess we both should get a cookie :)

I did not have the infamous stutter; I was talking about the transition constantly into OL. I don't know why you would want the car to run in OL at all times other than cruise or decellaration.

My car does as well, I guess we both should get a cookie :)

I did not have the infamous stutter; I was talking about the transition constantly into OL. I don't know why you would want the car to run in OL at all times other than cruise or decellaration.

its not OL all the time, it just won't wait to kick into OL based on calc load or other stuff.

Not according to this article:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64936

which just proves that it is impossible to get definitive answers to some of these questions.

Well.................Already bought it.

I know that my ECU is very happy now, and I will see what it is running before I mess with the AFR.

its not OL all the time, it just won't wait to kick into OL based on calc load or other stuff.

What he said :)

My throttle responds almost as well as a cable, which I have worked to attain. The only downside, if you will, is that it takes a very disciplined foot to keep that CL managing my fuel mileage.

On another note, checking those Closed Loop Delays tables I find all three of mine are three-cell tables, fwiw.

• 3 weeks later...
Can I use the tactrix cable with ST for live tuning?

Dave at Cobb said I cannot.:confused:

While not officially endorsed, the Tactrix can indeed be used with ST for live tuning. I have been doing so for going on a year now:). And while you still need the AP cable for Base Map flashing, and marrying/unmarrying duties, the Tactrix blows it away in every other aspect. The Tactrix is both smaller, and fits way better in the socket than the Cobb supplied cable. Not to mention that the Tactrix is USB, so no need to hunt for serial adapter's on today's serial less laptops;). I have seen the AP V2 cable and while it is smaller than the V1, it still employs the same connector style, and cannot be used with the opensource datalogger's.

While not officially endorsed, the Tactrix can indeed be used with ST for live tuning. I have been doing so for going on a year now:). And while you still need the AP cable for Base Map flashing, and marrying/unmarrying duties, the Tactrix blows it away in every other aspect. The Tactrix is both smaller, and fits way better in the socket than the Cobb supplied cable. Not to mention that the Tactrix is USB, so no need to hunt for serial adapter's on today's serial less laptops;). I have seen the AP V2 cable and while it is smaller than the V1, it still employs the same connector style, and cannot be used with the opensource datalogger's.

That's kinda what I thought.

I understand COBB's official endorsement, but seeing as I am data-logging on every single drive to and from work the Tactrix cable makes things much much simplier.

That's kinda what I thought.

I understand COBB's official endorsement, but seeing as I am data-logging on every single drive to and from work the Tactrix cable makes things much much simplier.

I do the same thing (well the once a week or so I drive her) but its a permanent fixture in my car :)