LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like there is plenty of quality info right here :)

I am a little surprised to see negative comments about the quality of Vws and Audis - I have read that they are just as good as BMWs :)

My mothers 535 is flawless. Never had a single issue with the thing even after 80,000 miles.;)

My sister had an e36 328is back in the day though, that thing was a lemon.:mad:

I think the thing I miss the most about the dub was the community. The european car community is so close knit. The GTGs are amazing and it seems that the euro groups keep getting bigger and bigger. Where I live, there are very few subies at all. I would say that the dub community is at least 25-30 times larger than the subie scene. And that is not an exageration. I can't tell you how many people down here have no idea what a subaru is.

I think the thing I miss the most about the dub was the community. The european car community is so close knit. The GTGs are amazing and it seems that the euro groups keep getting bigger and bigger. Where I live, there are very few subies at all. I would say that the dub community is at least 25-30 times larger than the subie scene. And that is not an exageration. I can't tell you how many people down here have no idea what a subaru is.

I noticed the same thing in NY. The VW GTGs are HUGE and the people are great. I really haven't seen the same in the Subaru community. Now that I'm up in Maine I've noticed a little more, but it's nothing like the Dub scene. I plan on going back to DTM land once I'm done with this Subaru. I need to stop looking at 335s...I'm not done paying for the Spec.B yet.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the plan is next after the Legacy. Maybe stay Subaru for a dd, but I may go back to euro for a project car. Always wanted an E30, and I would love one with an S52 motor. Who knows though? If I could find a 2001 M Coupe for the cheap (yeah, right!) I would snag it in a hurry.

From the posts in this thread, it seems like people are generally extremely happy with their purchase of this car. I am happy to see that because I may be buying one of these in the near future!

From the posts overall in the Subaru forums, I've found these cars are high quality and are great for the long haul if you don't do some heavy modding. Even those that do mod seem to get great performance and longevity. Of course, as with any vehicle, you will read a few very negative threads about a bad experience, but they tend to be isolated, and extreme....

I am on Subaru #3 I started with a used '98 impreza with 90k beat the hell out of it for a couple years in college (WVU ,if anyone is familiar with their campus, lots o hills) I bought a new '05 impreza out of college with 8 miles on it :D loved it, but wanted some refinement, for where I am in my career and financial life, the Legacy GT was the obvious choice, awesome bang for buck, and all the luxury I want, none of the frills I don't need.

If my career goes where I hope, I may end up keeping the LGT as a DD and going for a CTS-V though as my luxury car... I just think those things are sexy! But I see a Subaru always being in the family for DD and Bad weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
at first i did..only cuz i traded in a 2004 sierra 2500hd with plow for my 08lgt. but once i got over not having a truck anymore... i dont regret it at all. i get compliments everywhere i go - which kinda surprises me. year and a half and 30000 miles later - no problems (other than TPMS and one wheel bearing covered under warranty - thank you new england salt!) love my lgt - hope it lasts me a long time! :-)

Five months in and I'm still lovin it. We'll see though> I came from driving an automatic WRX for two and a half years. This is my first manual car. Once the novelty of finally driving a manual car wears off we'll see if I still enjoy it.

As it stands, I'm still 100% in love with the car every time I get in and drive it. Sometime in the next two weeks I'll be getting some 245/40/17s to replace my bald, cupped 215/45/17s I have on the car now. It ought to make it a whole 'nother animal.

My second car, drove a 1500 Ram for 3 years and I could not be happier. The only other car I was thinking about picking up in the same price range was an older CTS-V..sick RWD setup sedan but I think I made the right choice with my spec b. Was a little disappointed in the body roll factor with the factory setup (especially with the spec b additions) but after i threw some sways on the car is Purrfect. Always get compliments on it, other members on here even stalked me out to tell me they love my car haha its great. sexy factor makes the girlies heads turn and the woosh factor makes the guys grin haha.

Well I bought mine at a dirt lot. Was VERY Scared, mitch match tires, and a few scratches and dents but got it for 10k @ 80k miles(interior was almost perfect). Overall Runs great, new tires, fixed some of the scratches, and this summer pulling the dents out. Hopefully a few performance mods this year, so no remorse especially when you work at a dealer!!!!

I've chimed in, but I'll chime in again. After a member on this board calling me a German Fanboy (in the good way) while asking me about VW tuning for his friend, I continued doing my thinking as to why I'm driving a Spec.B and not the B7 S4 I was looking at. My reasons for not buying the S4 are pretty silly when I look back on them. What it comes down to is I wish I never left the Euro scene. There are so many little things I miss about Euro vehicles. I love the Legacy, but I have a feeling I would be gaga over that B7 if I got it. I miss the little convenience features from DTM land along with all the fun electronic gadgets. I also miss the relatively hassle free tuning my VW gave me. The Quattro system also uses three Torsen differentials (the only Subaru to do that is the STI) and Quattro also has a 40:60 FR split with the manual transmission. With that said, my flame suit is on considering my Euro Fanboy side comes through a lot on here.:wub:

a friend from work has been warming up to my car as of late. he drives a 08 GTI ands swears his car is nicer/faster (he has a tune, intake, coilovers). as of my recent upgrades he has finally gave it some credit and i let him take it for a spin the other niht. first of all, he was impressed with the fit and finish of the car, secondly the the handling and power actually took him off gaurd. he finally admitted my car is probably faster than his GTI and definitely more comfy. he then preceded to consider trading in hs VDub in for a subaru because the AWD system impressed him. i honestly like euro cars and almost bought a benz C300 but the subie felt like a better deal.

my mods are:

exterior: diy front lip, tinted windows and tails, yellow fogs, 18" chrome/black wheels

power: cobb ots stage 2, perrin tmic, hks bov, invidia DP & CBE

handling: perrin 22mm sways, yokohama s-drive tires

interior: boost & wideband guages

Archived