LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

Somebody has their panties in a bunch.

We get it, you hate your car and mostly everything about it as you took AMAZING care of it and it has still fallen apart. Just move on like everybody else does when they don't like their car after a few years of ownership and be done with it.

It amazes me how much people can bitch about something just because they want their opinion to be heard.

Damn brother, as I scrolled through the thread shaking my head at some of the nonsense going on... I get to your golden post and it stated exactly what I was about to type.

So... :yeahthat:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problems are well documented. I don't really care about your experiences either as I have had plenty of issues with my legacy that have made me dislike certain things about the car as well. In the end it is a car. You had a bad experience. Whining and complaining to an online forum full of enthusiasts is not going to get you anywhere.

Maintenance is simple. Do your oil changes on a regular interval. Use quality fluids. Keep up to date on services. Weird thing is, it's no different than caring for any other car.

Here you go:

Start here

or here

Then:

Check here

or here

or here

I understand it has not lived up to your expectations, but for christ sake quit bitching on the internet and sell/trade it for something you like. It isn't that hard.

Lastly, quit getting defensive and being disrespectful to those, including myself, who disagree with you and tell you so. You are acting childish in doing so and at the rate you are progressing, you won't get much further around these parts.

I wish you the best finding a suitable replacement, I truly do. Mostly because it means we can get another detrimental member off the forum and onto the next one for them to deal with.

I heard VW's are good. Get one of those. You should fit in well on vortex.

I really don't care about what you think about my opinion. Hell, if I said the Legacy cures cancer and is the greatest car of all time, you'd probably offer me a blowjob.

Unless you're a moderator here, you can pound sand because I'll talk about my ownership experiences in whichever way I feel like. The real problem is that you can't tolerate the fact that someone else can own a similar car and not have the same experience you do without being butthurt.

And my last post is more useful than your whining because I'm actually helping a guy who just bought one and is scared of possible problems do what it takes to avoid any maintenance issues and not lose money on a sale.

You know you are in the wrong place if you think your attitude is contributing in the least to this community. Sell your car and GTFO.

You also are not helping 06lgtspecb in the least. You are creating fear based on a biased sense of what you feel is a worthy review based on inadquate sample size.

@06lgtspecb. PM me if you need some more insight. I've been around a while now, and have spent the entire time researching these cars, and can guide you on any questions you might have. Typically it's worth searching, but since your on the fence (and we are 06 spec Breatheren), I'll help any way I can. For starters get that shit Mobil1 out and get the Rotella T6 5W-40 (designed for turbo diesels). You have a low mileage spec and it's definitely worth what you paid. I've had mine over 2 years now and done all the preventative maintenance and I have full faith in it lasting a long time with proper care.

The problems are well documented. I'm don't really care about your experiences either as I have had plenty of issues with my legacy that have made me dislike the car in certain aspects as well. In the end it is a car. You had a bad experience. Whining and complaining to an online forum full of enthusiasts is not going to get you anywhere.

Maintenance is simple. Do your oil changes on a regular interval. Use quality fluids. Keep up to date on services. Weird thing is, it's no different than caring for any other car.

Here you go:

Start here

or here

Then:

Check here

or here

or here

I understand it has not lived up to your expectations, but for christ sake quit bitching on the internet and sell/trade it for something you like. It isn't that hard.

I hope you're drunk or on Oxycontin right now because I feel sorry for you if you're this retarded sober.

Read what I told 06lgtspecb about the banjo bolt and Stage II before you fail at being a smartass by saying how maintenance is "like any other car" and before you say I'm trying to scare him away, those need to be done on any LGTs to avoid severe engine problems.

I hope you're drunk or on Oxycontin right now because I feel sorry for you if you're this retarded sober.

Read what I told 06lgtspecb about the banjo bolt and Stage II before you fail at being a smartass by saying how maintenance is "like any other car" and before you say I'm trying to scare him away, those need to be done on any LGTs to avoid severe engine problems.

So now stage 2 is required to avoid severe engine problems...

Go on, please enlighten me. :rolleyes:

^Please do as he says. He speaks the truth and his car is extremely representative of his knowledge and passion for understanding and taking care of his car.

Don't let somebody like EyeFlyLookAtMe discourage you from owning one of these cars. With the proper maintenance (truly not much different than how you should take care of any other car IMO) these cars will take care of you and you will have fun along the ride as well!

+1 on the Rotella, it's all my legacy uses as well as my diesel pickup.

I did read what you said, and still see it as misinformation. Stage II is not necessary for maintenance. The banjo bolt is an issue but is also addressed in one or more of the service intervals IIRC. These cars can and will live a perfectly normal life on a stock tune with proper maintenance.

Proper OCI's

Checking of fluid levels

Proper Service Intervals

Proper washing - interior and exterior care.

Wait, no way. If my calculations are correct, that is the same for each and every car available! Great Scott!

I did read what you said, and still see it as misinformation. Stage II is not necessary for maintenance. The banjo bolt is an issue but is also addressed in one or more of the service intervals IIRC. These cars can and will live a perfectly normal life on a stock tune with proper maintenance.

Proper OCI's

Checking of fluid levels

Proper Service Intervals

Proper washing - interior and exterior care.

Wait, no way. If my calculations are correct, that is the same for each and every car available! Great Scott!

I told him to go Stage II because he's going to buy an accessport, and if he's going to keep the car for a long time, removing the catted uppipe is a prudent move for response and for preventing the possibility of the cat disintegrating and getting sucked into the turbo. And if someone can do that, it's not much longer to gut the downpipe and make the car much better than it is stock by going Stage II.

You know you are in the wrong place if you think your attitude is contributing in the least to this community. Sell your car and GTFO.

Don't talk to me about attitude when I wasn't rude to anyone until you two told me to GTFO. I also said that people can have different ownership experiences with their cars and I didn't say that anyone else's car was junk or that they were wrong for having a different opinion.

You also are not helping 06lgtspecb in the least. You are creating fear based on a biased sense of what you feel is a worthy review based on inadquate sample size.

Bullshit. Like your buddy over there, you don't want to hear any opinions aside from your own perfect ownership experience and I don't care.

I told him not to sell the car. I told him that if the car is treating him well, maintain it and do the banjo bolt and Stage II.

I told him to go Stage II and to remove the banjo bolt. Tell me how that's not right or helpful to stop his car from having an oil pickup problem or having the uppipe cat sucked into the engine compared to you pretending to want to help him to make me look bad. Not to mention that the Cobb tune is safe and makes the car run better.

Tell me which one of those things is wrong. I'm waiting.

@06lgtspecb. PM me if you need some more insight. I've been around a while now, and have spent the entire time researching these cars, and can guide you on any questions you might have. Typically it's worth searching, but since your on the fence (and we are 06 spec Breatheren), I'll help any way I can. For starters get that shit Mobil1 out and get the Rotella T6 5W-40 (designed for turbo diesels). You have a low mileage spec and it's definitely worth what you paid. I've had mine over 2 years now and done all the preventative maintenance and I have full faith in it lasting a long time with proper care.

Wow, maybe I should have bought an '06 so I can be your BFF :lol:

05 is the only year with a cat in the UP. Additionally, Stage II does not include, nor has it ever included removal of the banjo bolt. It is recommended when modding the powertrain but not necessary with proper servicing.

Clearly, once again, you are misinformed.

I have not tried to be Mr. Tough Guy but rather explained that you are whining and being defensive and disrespectful to most of the people I have seen you reply to. You are bitter about your car not being what you expected and taking that out on people here at the same time as spreading misinformation to somebody looking to learn.

I told him to go Stage II because he's going to buy an accessport, and if he's going to keep the car for a long time, removing the catted uppipe is a prudent move for power and for preventing the possibility of the cat disintegrating and getting sucked into the turbo.

or having the uppipe cat sucked into the engine compared to you pretending to want to help him to make me look bad.

05 is the only year with a cat in the UP.

Not to mention that the Cobb tune is safe and makes the car run better.

Actually OTS maps from Cobb have not proven to be extremely reliable above a base stage I. The only OTS maps that most even consider would be those prepared by a reputable Subaru Tuner, i.e. Cryotune Performance or Brentuning.

Tell me which one of those things is wrong. I'm waiting.

Read above.

Wow, maybe I should have bought an '06 so I can be your BFF :lol:

Statements like this are what I am referring to as childish and disrespectful.

I told him to go Stage II because he's going to buy an accessport, and if he's going to keep the car for a long time, removing the catted uppipe is a prudent move for power and for preventing the possibility of the cat disintegrating and getting sucked into the turbo. And if someone can do that, it's not much longer to gut the downpipe and make the car much better than it is stock.
Injesting catalytic converter material is far more forum hype than an epidemic. Have I done an aftermarket catless UP, yes, but it isn't as severe as it's made to seem (show me failures of this nature if you can disprove). Also gutting a DP is ridiculous since there are plenty of DPs in the aftermarket that flow well for tuning purposes at Stage2 levels, which is not needed for reliability at all and can stress stock components like brakes, suspension, clutch etc... pushing someone down the mod path to achieve "reliability" is absolute misinformation. Stage 1 tune is all you need (no hardware changes) to get rid of the potentially long term issues that can arise from a slightly problematic tune from Subaru.

I wasn't rude to anyone until I was told to GTFO. I also said that people can have different ownership experiences with their cars and I didn't say that anyone else's car was junk or that they were wrong for having a different opinion.

Bullshit. Like your buddy over there, you don't want to hear any opinions aside from your own perfect ownership experience and I don't care.

I told him to go Stage II and to remove the banjo bolt. Tell me how that's not right or helpful to stop his car from having an oil pickup problem or having the uppipe cat sucked into the engine compared to you pretending to want to help him to make me look bad.

No one said my ownership was "perfect". If you only knew how much I have in this car. I also don't give two shits if half this forum thinks the car sucks, including you. I just don't need to read your false sense of grandeur. You aren't knowledgable about this car, it shows in what you say.

Now be a good boy, take your ball and go home.

05 is the only year with a cat in the UP. Additionally, Stage II does not include, nor has it ever included removal of the banjo bolt. It is recommended when modding the powertrain but not necessary with proper servicing.

I have not tried to be Mr. Tough Guy but rather explained that you are whining and being defensive and disrespectful to most of the people I have seen you reply to. You are bitter about your car not being what you expected and taking that out on people here at the same time as spreading misinformation to somebody looking to learn.

No, I'm afraid you're misinformed. The cat was only removed in MY 2007 with the addition of the air pump. If the LGT came with the air pump, it doesn't have a cat in the uppipe and the reverse is true.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2485561

When did I say that the removal of the banjo bolt was part of Stage II? I said that I advised anyone keeping the Legacy should do Stage II for the power benefits, for the removal of the precat in 2005-2006 models and for the better tune that one would get even from running on the Cobb map.

Subaru removed the banjo bolt filters in later cars for a reason, and there is not a single case of turbo failure resulting from the removal of a banjo bolt filter in the oil pickup line. On the other hand, the design of the banjo bolt filter is inherently risky and I would not recommend anyone keep it in their engine.

Injesting catalytic converter material is far more forum hype than an epidemic. Have I done an aftermarket catless UP, yes, but it isn't as severe as it's made to seem (show me failures of this nature if you can disprove). Also gutting a DP is ridiculous since there are plenty of DPs in the aftermarket that flow well for tuning purposes at Stage2 levels (which is not needed for reliability at all and can stress stock components like brakes, suspension, clutch etc... pushing someone down the mod path to achieve "reliability" is absolute misinformation. Stage 1 tune is all you need (no hardware changes) to get rid of the potentially long term issues that can arise from a slightly problematic tune from Subaru.

No one said my ownership was "perfect". If you only knew how much I have in this car. I also don't give two shits if half this forum things the car sucks, including you. I just don't need to read your false sense of grandeur. You aren't knowledgable about this car, it shows in what you say.

Now be a good boy, take your ball and go home.

I don't care about how much you have in your car nor do I give two shits. I also don't give a damn if you don't want to read what I'm posting.

Gutting the DP is ridiculous? At that point, it ends up being the same as an HKS downpipe without the wastegate flange which offers dubious benefits. And you're implying that the suspension and brakes will be stressed with Stage II, which is not dependent on the mods but dependent on the speed of the car and how fast somebody turns. Taking a turn at 40 mph in my Stage II Legacy is no more stressful on a suspension then a Stage I Legacy taking the same turn at 40 mph. I don't have any problems with stock suspension and stock brakes on my Stage II car, and now here we go again with "don't listen to the scary bogeyman."

I really think it's amusing how you and the other clown are trying to contradict me at every turn because you can't fathom that anyone who doesn't like the Legacy which he personally owns should have any right to know about the car or what to do.

Nobody forced you two clowns to click on this thread which specifically asks if anyone "had buyer's remorse." You don't like what I have to say and you can't handle it. Too bad.

I really think it's amusing how you and the other clown are trying to contradict me at every turn because you can't fathom that anyone who doesn't like the Legacy which he personally owns should have any right to know about the car or what to do.

Gutting the DP is ridiculous? At that point, it ends up being the same as an HKS downpipe without the wastegate flange which offers dubious benefits. And you're implying that the suspension and brakes will be stressed with Stage II, which is not dependent on the mods but dependent on the speed of the driver. God, the nerve of some people.

:spin: It's not an attempt to contradict. It's correcting misinformation. Again you are wrong. The OEM DP does have a blockoff plate directly behind the wastegate flapper. Gutting the cat does not remove this and that's why your silly suggestion was called out. Again you are the one failing to comprehend what's being said. No one is taking any of this personal in this thread but you.

:spin: It's not an attempt to contradict. It's correcting misinformation. Again you are wrong. The OEM DP does have a blockoff plate directly behind the wastegate flapper. Gutting the cat does not remove this and that's why your silly suggestion was called out. Again you are the one failing to comprehend what's being said. No one is taking any of this personal in this thread but you.

Every post from you and NWSPECB reeks of watching two brotards who spend far too much time here not being able to stand to see anyone criticize the beloved car you live for. It really seems like you two would be fighting to suck my dick if I were posting here how wonderful the Legacy is after 9 years.

Speaking about misinformation, I have had to correct you and the other punk because both of you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension or are trying to intentionally misinterpret my posts to take a cheap shot.

So far, I've had to point out that...

Nobody said removing the Banjo Bolt Filter was part of Stage II. I mean you really have to be retarded to think I said that.

An uppipe cat is a bad thing for durability and response, which you feebly argued wasn't a big deal. It contributes to assloads of turbo lag and how the hell would you want anyone to leave this in there?

(http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/shredded-turbo-uppipe-cat-failure-pics-36523.html)

Then NWSPECB thinks he's a genius by proclaiming 2006 LGT's don't have precats in the uppipe. He's the one who doesn't know what he's talking about in regards to uppipe cats since the air pump only came out in 2007 and is clearly visible in all cars so equipped. Better luck next time, bro.

And you had the nerve to say that my attitude is the problem when I honestly stated my ownership experiences which has been much longer than both of yours and was gracious enough to say that everyone's experiences can differ and just because my car is junk doesn't mean that anyone else's is or that I'm implying it is. The only problem is when your sidekick told me to GTFO and you egged him on. You two want to dish it out but can't handle it.

And let me help you again since you can't read.

I said that by gutting a stock downpipe, it becomes similar to a HKS downpipe, which is the only aftermarket downpipe that does not have a wastegate flange.

Gutted stock downpipes work fine on Stage II. If Stage II is the extent of one's tuning, then a gutted pipe will work fine. Not everyone has $200 or over to spend on a downpipe which might be smoother and have the flange, but would probably not have much difference in real-world applications.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gutted-stock-downpipei-141731.html

While I understand the point you are making, there should be some clarification about tunes and warranties.

If you install an aftermarket tune, it does not just void your warranty. The warranty for the car is still intact, but any failure that can be contributed to the tune will not be covered by Subaru. No automotive manufacturer will cover a tune. It is the responsibility of the dealer to show that the tune contributed to the failure. In no way does a re-map cause a wheel bearing to fail for instance.

Should Subaru do more on their part to improve the quality of the stock maps? Sure, but there are reasons they haven't.

They shouldn't need new tunes to be reliable, that was my point. Think we're on the same page :)

• Moderators
I said that by gutting a stock downpipe, it becomes similar to a HKS downpipe, which is the only aftermarket downpipe that does not have a wastegate flange.

I think you meant the HKS is the only aftermarket downpipe that DOES have a wastegate flange (not "does not"). It's a stupid design for anyone looking to mod their car, increase boost, and increase exhaust flow.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm pretty much in the same boat as others here.

For me, the biggest benefit of the LGT is the fact that it was produced as a wagon.

If I were willing to own a sedan I doubt it would be a Subaru.

That being said, my car has 120k on it, 20k on a new motor, stage 2ish mods, runs mint. Fresh black leather interior swap and two new rear wheel bearings. I'm planning on keeping her till 200k.

In the wagon market there's no better bang for your buck. Even with the money I have put into it I'm still ahead IMO. Certainly there are better cars out there, just not for 10k.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as others here.

For me, the biggest benefit of the LGT is the fact that it was produced as a wagon.

If I were willing to own a sedan I doubt it would be a Subaru.

That being said, my car has 120k on it, 20k on a new motor, stage 2ish mods, runs mint. Fresh black leather interior swap and two new rear wheel bearings. I'm planning on keeping her till 200k.

In the wagon market there's no better bang for your buck. Even with the money I have put into it I'm still ahead IMO. Certainly there are better cars out there, just not for 10k.

It's crazy how many people are on new motors by 100K.

I guess you needed the AWD right? The TSX wagon would be a great option, not a wagon fan myself though.

Archived