LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

Some regret here.. I think I spent too much for what I got.. Sure I bought it instead of leasing, but I won't keep it for the full purchase term anyway. I could have leased a 335i for about what I'm paying to own the Spec B.. It's also kind of slow and definitely missing some features a 35k car should have in 2008.. Mainly HIDs and Bluetooth.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some regret here.. I think I spent too much for what I got.. Sure I bought it instead of leasing, but I won't keep it for the full purchase term anyway. I could have leased a 335i for about what I'm paying to own the Spec B.. It's also kind of slow and definitely missing some features a 35k car should have in 2008.. Mainly HIDs and Bluetooth.

Parrot bluetooth kits are an inexpensive mod.

For the HID's, try upgrading to some OSRAM bulbs. Not quite HID, but better than stock.

It's also kind of slow and definitely missing some features a 35k car should have in 2008.. Mainly HIDs and Bluetooth.

I think that's why I have been happy with the regular GT. Even with mod's I'm no more than 30k into the car, and at that amount I'm quite happy, though stage 2 power and the bilsteins/pinks were a must.

IMO on day to day driving 335 would of offered much more bang for the buck... It does drive better than Spec B and there is a pretty big fun factor involved too. But overall, two different animals... But your Bluetooth, HID's 300HP w/ twin turbos would of been all part of the standard package....

The thing I miss is a paddle shifter. I drive with my thumbs on the Momo steering wheel thumb rests and I have to move my hand everytime I want to shift using the buttons on the steering wheel spokes. I might as well reach for the shift handle on the console at that point.

There is another thread where an '08 OB XT driver managed to retro fit the Subaru '08 Legacy GT paddle shifter to his ride. It is a pretty easy retro fit if you have the mounting points. But the Leagacy GT wagons lack the mounting points for the paddle mechanism that is in the '08s. :icon_cry: Bummer!!!

Yeah, paddle shifters are cool, although when in semi-auto, I tend to use the stick on the console anyhow more often still.

I do like that if I'm in DRIVE, I can just start hitting the paddle shifters without chaniging into semi-auto mode on the console, and the transmission will still allow me to shift for about 30 seconds before it automatically returns to DRIVE.

Very nice for highway driving/passing and to control the automagic a little better. That's how I use my paddle shifters the most.

Greetings, (2nd post here)

We just got the Legacy Limited mainly for a commuter car over the weekend. My girlfriend has been driving it over the weekend and I just took it to work this morning.... This is the 4th Sub that I have owned and would of expected a little bit more out of a 2008 MY car....

Pros:

-Love the looks

-Limited is a pretty good package

-Good performance for a NA car.

-Sport Mode is nice

Cons (Mainly creature comforts)

-No memory Seats

-No smart Key (the new key is HUGE)

-No HID's (i have a set on order)

-No steering wheel audio controls

Overall no regrets and would totally buy it again.... But I am also glad to still have the garage queens around.

If you have the Limited, you can order the steering audio controls and install them yourself.

If you have the Limited, you can order the steering audio controls and install them yourself.

Hey Thank You for this info. I did some research and bumped the old thread. Is there any info on the success rate or the steering wheels buttons install on VDC cars..... I would love to add the buttons right away.

Anyone here have buyer's remorse? Such as: "I like the car a lot, but kinda wish I got _____ instead.”

Just curious.

- Mike

1). Had I known then what I know now, I might have taken a pass on the turbocharger.

Even with the recent decline in gasoline prices, Premium fuel costs $1 per gallon more than it did when I bought the car 13 months ago. AND I had no idea how bad the fuel economy would be in stop 'n go driving. (But it gets good mileage once it gets a steady roll going :)).

2). Sometimes I wish I'd opted for the automatic transmission. The clutch can be a real hassle in slow crawl traffic like we get when it snows or there is a wreck on the expressway.

But I can live with that. I like the car and I'm keeping it. Gas would have to get significantly more expensive before I'd trade.

i love my legacy but had to many problems with it, 5th gear went at 75000, had to get that rebuilt i have 92000 now and got the dreaded p0021 and p0011 cel codes and my turbo just died, so now im hating subaru in general, this is my 2nd subaru my first was an 03 lgt and i replaced the engine 2 times :)

Just on the mileage, nothing else. Highway I'm averaging about 27-29, but city, I'm averaging about 14-17. And I only have a 2.5i, no turbo.

Wow! Even with a turbo, I'm getting a mile per gallon better than that around town :confused:, although a couple of MPG less than you on the highway.

Well, honestly if I had another $500 when I went car shopping I would have gotten this Eclipse, but I'm very happy with my decision. It's used, so problems are expected, and nothing serious yet.

Only thing I don't like are the rear speakers, they SUCK! My mom's 97' Olds Acheiva (Spelled wrong?) has better speakers than the Legacy I bought, but I'll fix that around the time I get my tax returns.

Driving my car makes me happy.

If I'm upset, I drive my car and within 5 minutes I feel better.

It's like fast-acting vicodin. :)

Word! Fighting with the GF, paying off bills, crappy day at work....etc etc. It all goes away when i'm in the leggy. As for buyers remorse, my choices came down to an 05 g35, 06 TL, and the leggy. g35 is another "me too" car so no go on that. The TL lacked any kind of fun driving experience. So the leggy was it. Sometimes i do think of what could of been with a g35 but it quickly fades when i look at my baby.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

At first I wished I had gotten an Outback instead. Mainly because of the winter weather features and the nice rear bumper protector. But then I drove my in-laws Outback and really didn't like the way it drove compared to my 2.5i Legacy, not to mention the looks. The ride was slightly more comfortable , probably because of the larger tires, but the steering and handling felt vague and sloppy in comparison.

• 1 year later...

Archived