LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

It's the tranny losses I believe, but I'm no expert. A friends manual is faster, though the power delivery is smoother on the auto as you don't drop out of boost.

My point was to get the manual if he can, not really to debate the speed of the car. But yeah it's not that quick, and even more noticeable if you go to pass and the car shifts to the 4.5-5K plus to pass around 45-75 mph.

That's how I felt between auto and manual Subarus, but honestly, it really depends on your use of the car. For going out, sometimes I wish I would've gotten the manual, but after a long day of school or work, I'm glad I got the auto.

Some people might kill me if I say this, but I don't see the point of concerning performance too much; that's what the WRX is for. The LGT's a comfortable yet fun daily driver. Better off going about with a modest Stage 1 or 2 config and simply enjoy the back roads. If speed is that big of a determining factor, an 09+ WRX or 04+ STI would be a much better choice.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2005 LGT Wagon 5MT Royal Blue Pearl/black leather

somtimes I have buyers remorse

-My a** hurts so much on long drives. Those seats are so uncomfortable

-drinks oil

-lose sleep thinking about the banjo bolt. I need to get that thing out

-gas guzzler

-delay in throttle response from the drive by wire (DWS) syste

-body roll in stock form

-limitations on choices for aftermarket mod parts for 2005 LGT

-every day thinking about all the mods it needs: sway bars, endlinks, up pipe, downpipe, cat back exhaust, new tune, 17x8 wheels, tires, lowering springs, koni inserts

I think about making a profit on what I bought it for and put that money into a later model WRX

but there is nothing at all like that car. I hope that the mods and some tuning can work out some of the kinks.

Archived