LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

Coming from a Volvo S60 R...fabulous car terrific ride, but incredibly expensive to mod and personalize. I realize for me part of the fun of ownership (heck, all of the fun) is being able to take a terrific platform, like the legacy and turn it into something amazing... and its soooo affordable!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I wish I gotten an Audi B6 S4. Then I remember what the payment on that would be for a car that is just a little nicer but not that much faster. Over all it's hard for me to say I don't love my LGT.

However now after Russell autogroup has gotten ahold of my car I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it when/if I ever get it back. I may trade it in for a newer leggy or for that B6 S4.

I understand, but I still can't figure out why you bought the car since some of the issues describe could easily have been weeded out with a test drive.

BTW: It's funny how the only mechanical failure (clutch issues) that I have had are caused by a German made component :icon_bigg

Is that the "fine" Sachs clutch we are all loving till we put in a real one?? I have an ACT clutch and streetlite flywheel when the time comes. :D

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

We have this smug jerk at work who drives a Mercedes C230 who was trying to act like a snob against my car until I blew his doors off.

Apparently now he is looking to trade the benz on an '08 Spec B

Me regrets? No

ho ho ho

i like it when smug german car owners get their serving of humble pie (on the track)

i like bmws but cant really stand the people that drive them. like they're driving god's chariot or something.

car for sale. PM me!

We have this smug jerk at work who drives a Mercedes C230 who was trying to act like a snob against my car until I blew his doors off.

Apparently now he is looking to trade the benz on an '08 Spec B

Me regrets? No

Heh, a GT could smoke a C230 in reverse, anyway. But that's a great story. :lol:

I regret I havent bought one yet but will be in the next few weeks providing GT limited sedan with black leather under 40,000 miles, a bumper to bumper warranty and under $20,000 is available. year 2005 most likely and hopefully available in a color I like, oh yeah has to be a 5spd manual

I love my car!

You know that new Cadillac commercial that says:

"When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"

- YES! YES IT DOES! I actually look forward to getting out of work so I can drive an hour back to my house! I never thought I could appreciate a long commute! :)

other than the headunit ac attachment...i love the car..sporty yet conservative at the same time.... i just hit 12k in my 07 and I am just making my 3rd payment...yea..i drive a lot....3k oil change each month..or somewhere close to it!

S4s are indeed sweet, and I'd say that Legacy "niceties" are about equal to those of an A4/S4 from one generation back, but even considering that, I don't think you made a bad move. :) Besides, reliability-wise as well as engine tune-ability, you've picked a good car. VWs/Audis have the reputation of "mint or lemon and nothing in between" for a very good reason.

Yeah, originally I was shopping for a 335xi to replace our small commuter car that we gave our son, but I got the Outback 2.5i LL Bean with Nav and VDC to eventually replace our MPV instead. Now the BMW has to wait until year end or the spring when we'll sideline the MPV.

But the OB has exceeded expectations

Should have gotten a wagon or waited until 2007... ;)

Yeah, I got my 05 unlimited gt in feb 06 (new, but leftover), so there weren't many options. I drove a 2.5i for comparison, but I had to have the turbo, and I couldn't justify/intelligently afford the extra for an 06 gt.

Guest heightsgtltd
I only wish my rear seats folded down.

Other than that, it's marvelous.

that and the ability to put in a double din NAV with ease :cool:

• 2 months later...

Archived