LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

Maybe you got a bad rub. My dealership informed me of the extra warranty handed out and replaced my tranny at 77K no charge.

But yeah, no need to believe acurazine. They're just a bunch of users like you and I. Man you really are annoying.

I try. Another satisfied customer. Please fill out the comment form on your way out.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CTS-V Wagon.

I solved my issues with the spec by giving it to my wife. She really likes it and it is more than enough to satisfy her requirements. Then I went out and bought my truck. Best of both worlds!

fantastic choice. while the styling is a bit... angular for my tastes i'd drive one of those in a heartbeat. love, love, love me some wagons. :spin:

i can put anything i want down here?!

fantastic choice. while the styling is a bit... angular for my tastes i'd drive one of those in a heartbeat. love, love, love me some wagons. :spin:

What's the love for a wagon all about? Can some explain it to me?

Every time I see one it looks like a small mini van. The style always seems like a challenge to remain attractive.

Every time I see one it looks like a small mini van. The style always seems like a challenge to remain attractive.

If someone has to explain it, you really don't need to know

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Stupid answer.

Fitting answer for a stupid question.

It's one of those things you either get, or you don't. If you don't like the look or idea of a wagon, no amount of explanation will change your mind.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

To answer your question - A mini van is a VAN. The wagon is a "longer sedan"; so lower center of gravity for good handling with the 'attractive' Legacy lines. Plus the utility of the wagon/hatch for packin' shit for camping/excursions, or sleeping/bangin' in:rolleyes:.....and the roof rack application.

Unfortunately I do have buyer's remorse. I didn't get the GT, just the Limited 2.5i (2008). It's sooooooooo sloooooow. I would absolutely love to have my previous car (05 Accord V6) back. Plus I miss the size of the Accord. Oh well. Luckily I only keep cars for 3 years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:eek: I must say there is no comparison in the looks of the sedan and the wagon. Of course I'm biased, but the more I read your posts the more I realize you're a :spin:!!

Unfortunately I do have buyer's remorse. I didn't get the GT, just the Limited 2.5i (2008). It's sooooooooo sloooooow. I would absolutely love to have my previous car (05 Accord V6) back. Plus I miss the size of the Accord. Oh well. Luckily I only keep cars for 3 years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Unless you get the manual the GT is still pretty slow in the auto :(

Pretty slow compared to what? A 2.5i? Give me a break man, an auto GT is a fast car for 95% of the people on the road.

Compared to the manual. Can you read?

Unless you get the manual the GT is still pretty slow in the auto :(

The manual stock rates much better then I can get stage 2 auto @ 16psi. I'm 8s 0-60. Less I brake launch a car.

• Moderators
The manual stock rates much better then I can get stage 2 auto @ 16psi. I'm 8s 0-60. Less I brake launch a car.

As opposed to side-stepping the clutch on a 5mt and then speed shifting into 2nd? Of course it's gonna be slow when you're driving it for reliability instead of speed.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

As opposed to side-stepping the clutch on a 5mt and then speed shifting into 2nd? Of course it's gonna be slow when you're driving it for reliability instead of speed.

It's the tranny losses I believe, but I'm no expert. A friends manual is faster, though the power delivery is smoother on the auto as you don't drop out of boost.

My point was to get the manual if he can, not really to debate the speed of the car. But yeah it's not that quick, and even more noticeable if you go to pass and the car shifts to the 4.5-5K plus to pass around 45-75 mph.

I drove a new Subaru XV Crosstrek as a dealer loaner while my rear window motors were being replaced yesterday. One of the things that stood out was how fast the transmission shifted in the manual mode with the paddle shifters. There was no delay when I flipped the paddle. I'd be a lot happier with the Auto Trans in my 2.5 GT if it was that fast on gear changes in manual mode. I wonder if Subaru transmission technology has improved that much or it is just a question of a lot less power for the Crosstrek's transmission to have to deal with that allows it to be so much faster on manual gear changes?

I drove a new Subaru XV Crosstrek as a dealer loaner while my rear window motors were being replaced yesterday. One of the things that stood out was how fast the transmission shifted in the manual mode with the paddle shifters. There was no delay when I flipped the paddle. I'd be a lot happier with the Auto Trans in my 2.5 GT if it was that fast on gear changes in manual mode. I wonder if Subaru transmission technology has improved that much or it is just a question of a lot less power for the Crosstrek's transmission to have to deal with that allows it to be so much faster on manual gear changes?

Doesn't that car come with a CVT? That's probably why it shifts so fast :lol:

Yep. "Gear changes" and any associated feel is simulated. Had a 2013 Outback 2.5i loaner and noticed the same thing. The 2014 Fozzy I'm in now doesn't have the paddles though and it sounds like an angry blender under load. The OB was soooooo much smoother.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Archived