LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sometimes regret not getting the STI. I'm a young guy, and the STI fits my persona a little better. But, I love my Legacy. I get shit for it being a grandpa's car, but I can wax just about anybody that says that. Plus, when the coils and works get on, it should transform the way the car looks.

Sometimes I regret not getting a GT instead of the '09 3.0R; but I got it at a steal. Not even sure I could have gotten a used '08 GT for that price. It's just that pull isn't always there when I press that accelerator. But sometimes it is...

I sometimes regret not getting the STI. I'm a young guy, and the STI fits my persona a little better. But, I love my Legacy. I get shit for it being a grandpa's car, but I can wax just about anybody that says that. Plus, when the coils and works get on, it should transform the way the car looks.

I'm gonna make you feel better...I'm 52.

It is still ugly.

As I've said before, sometimes I wish I bought the STI.

+1 But I guess that's why we all get power mod happy on our LGT's - we're trying to make it an STi and have the best of both worlds. Last night I fit two hockey bags in the trunk of my LGT and remembered why I bought it.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

+1 But I guess that's why we all get power mod happy on our LGT's - we're trying to make it an STi and have the best of both worlds. Last night I fit two hockey bags in the trunk of my LGT and remembered why I bought it.

That doesn't even work for me. This car's dimensions are bigger than my GTI's, yet my GTI still had more room in almost every category. For shits and giggles I threw an STI in the comparison also.

Legacy/GTI/STI

Length: 185in/165in/173.8; The Legacy is TWENTY (20) inches longer than the GTI!

Front Head Room: 37.6in/39.3in/40.3in

Front Shoulder Room: 54.2in/54.7in/54.8in

Rear Head Room: 36.5in/38.5in/37.6in

Rear Shoulder Room: 53.7in/54.6in/53.2in

Rear Leg Room: 33.9in/35.3in/33.5in

Luggage Capacity: 11.4cu.ft. /15.1cu.ft./19cu.ft.

GTI>Legacy in space

In fact, the Impreza offers more room in the most important areas than the Legacy does.

RJS5689 that comparison is ridiculous...i would have never in the world thought that my Legacy sedan would actually be smaller then a GTI...What happened to those extra 20 inches???? :iam:

I'm thinking long hood? My GTI had a pretty short hood.

That doesn't even work for me. This car's dimensions are bigger than my GTI's, yet my GTI still had more room in almost every category. For shits and giggles I threw an STI in the comparison also.

Legacy/GTI/STI

Length: 185in/165in/173.8; The Legacy is TWENTY (20) inches longer than the GTI!

GTI>Legacy in space

In fact, the Impreza offers more room in the most important areas than the Legacy does.

My thoughts exactly. My last car was a MKIV GTI and when I got into the Suby the first time I was flaberghasted how much less room on the inside it had. Of course they had to make the GTI huge on the inside so you can fit all of the tools you have to take with you everywhere you go because the damn thing breaks all the time.

I regret that I did not buy two when they were $25k at 1.9% factory apr.

I would have too. In Canada, in March 08 the GT Wagon listed at 41,000$ at 2.9factory or (because the Canadain dollar was high against the US) it droped to 35,000$ for cash still wished I had ponyed up for the rest. However, reality being what it was and 40kph speed limits on the island of Montreal--at the time I did not think I needed the turbo.:confused:

Of course they had to make the GTI huge on the inside so you can fit all of the tools you have to take with you.

Oh Shame on you!!! Still, it was funny. :):lol: :lol:

BTW, we should nominate this as "the thread that wont die" (Started 09-17-2004)

My thoughts exactly. My last car was a MKIV GTI and when I got into the Suby the first time I was flaberghasted how much less room on the inside it had. Of course they had to make the GTI huge on the inside so you can fit all of the tools you have to take with you everywhere you go because the damn thing breaks all the time.
I used to work for a VW/Audi performance shop, so I know exactly what you mean. They do have their good years though, and the MKV was one of them. I had the car for two years and logged 65,000 aggressive stage 2 miles. I sold it, and just over a year later the kid reported hitting 100k on it. He said it has had no problems, and the motor is still running strong. He did say he sees the turbo on its way out soon though. Let's face it though, the only reason I didn't buy the S4 I was looking at over the LGT is I was afraid of having problems.

Legacy/GTI/STI

GTI>Legacy in space

That is why the demise of the Legacy GT Wagon is so sad. :mad: I can easily carry over twice as much stuff in the luggage area of my '05 Legacy GT wagon compared to my Mk III GTi-VR6. :rolleyes: And now I don't have to deal with FWD torque steer when I jump on the power. :lol:

That is why the demise of the Legacy GT Wagon is so sad. :mad: I can easily carry over twice as much stuff in the luggage area of my '05 Legacy GT wagon compared to my Mk III GTi-VR6. :rolleyes: And now I don't have to deal with FWD torque steer when I jump on the power. :lol:

The GTI-R was confirmed as U.S bound! It will use the same 280HP turbo I4 mill as the Audi S3 (not available here) and will also feature a re-tuned AWD system that is capable of sending 100% of power to the rear, unlike the current Haldex setup!

I used to work for a VW/Audi performance shop, so I know exactly what you mean. They do have their good years though, and the MKV was one of them. I had the car for two years and logged 65,000 aggressive stage 2 miles. I sold it, and just over a year later the kid reported hitting 100k on it. He said it has had no problems, and the motor is still running strong. He did say he sees the turbo on its way out soon though. Let's face it though, the only reason I didn't buy the S4 I was looking at over the LGT is I was afraid of having problems.

Definitely true about the good and bad years. MKIVs were garbage. Fun car to drive. POS to own. I spent more money on parts fixing it than I did modifying it. Probably connected to the fact that they were built in Mexico and Brazil. MKVs are a blast tho. The powerplant in fantastic. A simple K04 upgrade makes them quick as hell. Good choice on the S4. Not only do they break constantly, the good people at Audi made trying to get to anything a huge pain in the ass.

There is an old saying about German cars. In order to get revenge on America from defeating the Germans in WWI and WWII, the German auto manufacturers have made it standard procedure to place no fewer than 3 sharp objects around every bolt, so every time an American works on a German car, they bust every knuckle they have.

Oh, and yay on the GTI-R news. That should be a wicked car indeed. Now they just need to bring the Scirocco over. I have the honor to seeing the Forge Scirocco last year. Amazing.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/127/l_e0bce11a65e846e2ab9833d949a125d4.jpg

Definitely true about the good and bad years. MKIVs were garbage. Fun car to drive. POS to own. I spent more money on parts fixing it than I did modifying it. Probably connected to the fact that they were built in Mexico and Brazil. MKVs are a blast tho. The powerplant in fantastic. A simple K04 upgrade makes them quick as hell. Good choice on the S4. Not only do they break constantly, the good people at Audi made trying to get to anything a huge pain in the ass.

There is an old saying about German cars. In order to get revenge on America from defeating the Germans in WWI and WWII, the German auto manufacturers have made it standard procedure to place no fewer than 3 sharp objects around every bolt, so every time an American works on a German car, they bust every knuckle they have.

Oh, and yay on the GTI-R news. That should be a wicked car indeed. Now they just need to bring the Scirocco over. I have the honor to seeing the Forge Scirocco last year. Amazing.

Ever notice how the VWs built in Mexico have the most problems and the ones built in Wolfsburg, Germany (MKV GTI) tend to have the better reliability. I was almost sold on a 2007 S4, but I was a little worried about maintenance costs and the big V8. I'm used to 4 banger turbos, I didn't want to give up my forced induction just yet.

The original Scirocco was my dads first import back in the day. He was used to all American Muscle before that. He loved the thing a lot. He actually test drove the GTI with me and loved it also. I feel like I need to drive a GTI-R when it hits here, but then I may want to get rid of the Subaru. I miss the "soul" of a European car, not to mention all of their little conveniences/features.

Archived