LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something I noticed and still have no clue why these are present...

Open the trunk and look under the back seat tray below the window. See all those metal tubes or conduits are whatever the heck they are? What are these things? IIRC, there's also some kind of plastic container in the same general location (haven't stared back there in a while). What's is that?

:confused:

I believe thats the housing for the seatbelt reel

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

they are likely torsion bars to hold the trunk open, and should indeed go AROUND the sub fitment ring, enough for a conical speaker to fit. Probably not a cylindrical enclosure, though. The white box should be the center rear seat shoulder belt roll.

I love the split A/B trip option. I reset A trip option everytime I fill up the fuel tank to track my avg mpg usage but only reset my B trip option after I change the oil. That way, it helps me track how many miles till my next oil change at the touch of a button.

Our Nissan Quest allows you to set a maintenance reminder for tire rotation and oil change.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Seriously, though... IIRC, they are aerodynamic spoilers, they break up the under-car airflow, and probably reduce lift a bit, and keep the airstream moving under the center of the car, rather than blocked up in front of the rear tires.

that makes since:icon_mrgr

The red lighted ring around the fuel gauge flashes when you start the car after the low fuel light it tripped...

After 16,000miles of looking over my rearview mirror I find that it has a pivot on the windshield too so you can actually move the entire mirror up and down!

If you are driving and hit the Low Fuel warning the red ring will also flash.

No fuel cap holder on gas door. (had one on my teg)

DRL...the simpleness to disable

Beeping sounds...start car..beep..sit in car..beep..give me freakin time to put

seatbelt on!

Seats that are very....comfortable....wide....(just slight more "bucketyness"??)

When in 5th or 3rd gear, kinda difficult for passenger to change radio stations..just a tad bit in the way

Seatbelt for third person in middle on back seat:icon_conf (mandatory)

All I can think of now.....but I do love the car!:icon_mrgr (still miss my teg tho:icon_cry: )

Beeping sounds...start car..beep..sit in car..beep..give me freakin time to put

seatbelt on!

Easy fix, do a search on the forum.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

DRL...the simpleness to disable

Why would you want to disable the DRL? Forewarned is forarmed. Any additional heads up you can give to other drivers is a good thing. It's why aircraft use landing lights during daylight hours.

My back window defrost button also serves as a FM radio jamming button.

Per other threads there is a dealer fix for that one.

i just noticed we have some sort of defroster on the windshield, does it turn on when you turn on the defroster for the mirrors?

RTFM.. but i'll be nice since you're a noob

The defrost button on your center console controls your rear defrost and your heated mirrors, the button by the display brightness control to the left of your steering wheel is the button for the windshield heater. Be careful with it, some people have had issues with cracked windishields. Although I personally havent had any issues using it all last winter.

If you do a search on windshield + crack + winter you'll find some various experiences to that effect

Our Nissan Quest allows you to set a maintenance reminder for tire rotation and oil change.

Subarus equipped with navigation (like our Outback VDC) have that feature also.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

When in 5th or 3rd gear, kinda difficult for passenger to change radio stations..just a tad bit in the way

:icon_conf

You need a STS! ;)

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Archived