LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

Navigation owners..

The auto setting for day/night display doesn't work if you have the dimmer set to the highest position. With the dimmer set to the highest position, the nav will always use the day setting for the display.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you press the lock button on the key fob three times in five seconds it beeps the horn and flashes the lights to help locate the car in a parking lot.....

I read that feature in the manual, called the locate feature. I think it's a great idea, but the book says "Given that you are within 30 feet of your car..." If I'm within 30 feet of my car, I don't need any help locating it, I just open my eyes and I can see it.

Did you try cruise between 40-45 in 4th? On my car if I get close to 50 it will shut down on me in 4th.

i can cruise at any speed w/ any gear except 4th gear. i have a 2.5i 5MT btw mind you. ironic i can cruise 45mph @ 2nd gear, but not anything on 4th. weirdness.

another silly thing is that the trunk is quite comfy and cozy to take a nap in, in a nice cool day. all you need is a pillow and you're set. unless you have a wagon.. then luck to you; you lucky sob.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

The red lighted ring around the fuel gauge flashes when you start the car after the low fuel light it tripped...

After 16,000miles of looking over my rearview mirror I find that it has a pivot on the windshield too so you can actually move the entire mirror up and down!

If you leave any door open or the trunk and you try to lock the car it will beep four times to let you know that something is open.

If you press the fresh air/circulation button while the system is off, it will only toggle that setting. It stays at whatever setting you put it on even after you shut off the car, or turn on the climate system.

If you leave the lid open from the vanity mirrors they will close without damaging anything when you close the visor.

The OEM Subaru wheel locks will stick out further than the lug nuts, making it somewhat of an eyesore.

The fog lights are actually rectangular with a round lens shape in the middle.

The system used for the keyless entry is the same used in Toyota's. Same chirping sound.

You will get stuck in a foot and a half of snow over ice with the crappy RE92's.

All plastic trimmings on the outside (hood scoop, bumpers, door handles, spoiler) are a shade lighter than the car. At least on the pearl white color.

Rear discs are vented.

Perforated leather does keep you cooler.

X

---

I found out when I got home the first time that the navigation cannot give me directions to my house. I live in such a rural area It can only get me to within about 6 miles. (maybe its because the maps are 2 years old.)

Thankfully I know where I live! :lol:

When the lights are on and you adjust the dimmer setting the dimmer setting is diplayed on the trip display; L1-L5 or L4. Can't remember.

Also, when raining and you floor the gas pedel, won't spin the tires, pretty cool.

Someone needs a downpipe.

Things I find annoying and quirky about my LGT after 4k miles:

When I'm driving slowly in 2nd gear (like in traffic) there is an annoying rubbing sound that comes from the vibrating folds of the vinyl shifter boot.

No pull-down handle for closing the trunk.

Radio reception really sucks...really.

Car doesn't settle down nicely going into a high speed turn. Very unnerving. Got to start reading the suspension threads I guess.

Lumbar support seems to hit in the wrong spot for my back.

Things I love:

1. The engine

2. The engine

3. The engine

Mine doesn't have a BOOST GAUGE:mad:

My WRX did, and I noticed that you can only get 1/2 of boost (if you are stock) when you try to accelerate with cruise control. Someone tell me what the LGT can do, or get me a boost gauge.

If you press the lock button on the key fob three times in five seconds it beeps the horn and flashes the lights to help locate the car in a parking lot.....

Cool! Thanks for the tip.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

there is a trunk release on the inside of the trunk and has a funny picture next to the release of a stick-figure-esque guy in a run, running away from the car...i thought it was pretty funny. so in case you are storing any people in your trunk, looks like theyre gonna be able to get out.

Tested Cruise on my car, was able to Set Cruise in 2-5

I tried 1st at 25mph but it wasnt having that I have an 05 5mt

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

there is a trunk release on the inside of the trunk and has a funny picture next to the release of a stick-figure-esque guy in a run, running away from the car...i thought it was pretty funny. so in case you are storing any people in your trunk, looks like theyre gonna be able to get out.

not the wagon!

My '97 GT is able to posess my mother's '04 BMW X5, unlocking doors, popping the rear lift gate and setting off the alarm when parked next to it. My mother's X5 also likes to phuck with my '97 by setting off my parking lights (the lights will turn on and stay on till I go outside and separate the cars and play with my key fob). It is quite interresting to sit at home and watch the two cars fight eachother, though my GT usually wins and the X5 just sits there with its alarm freaking out every 10 mins untill I separate them by a few car lengths :rolleyes:

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived