LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow - didn't realize this thread was dead for so long.

Oh well. Here's a bump.

I notice that I have yet to slam on the brakes 100% with this car. There always 'feels' like there's more stopping power left over if I need to use it.

Big change from my old Honda, when the anti-lock brakes would kick in at least once per drive.

I've noticed that since I first bought my car in 2006, and joined this forum, we've bought three more new Subarus since then.

It's a dark secret that only a few will admit, owning one is an addiction.;)

I've also noticed that if you open the door when the car is wet the seat will get dripped on (front or back). If you run your finger along the trim piece above the door to get any drips off it won't drip onto the seat.

I live in sunny Oregon so I notice these things quite often

I've also noticed that if you open the door when the car is wet the seat will get dripped on (front or back). If you run your finger along the trim piece above the door to get any drips off it won't drip onto the seat.

I live in sunny Oregon so I notice these things quite often

lies!

The fuel meter on early 80's subies sticks at the level it was when you turn off the ignition.

They do that up till at least 99. My family's 99 obw does.

And my 80's suby does too :D

Just noticed when you reset the A trip odometer, it resets the calculative mpg display on the dash

if you switch between A and B you get two different calculative mpg's. it does the average based on either the A or B mileage, and displays whatever you have showing.

• 1 year later...
My clock seems to run slow. I have to re-set the time on a regular basis. Anyone else notice this?

This is a factor of quartz-powered clocks. 99% of the time they are nearly perfect but when something is even a fraction off you can lose hours! I once had an ipod dock that lost almost 5 minutes a week, what a pain!

Prepare to be mocked. :)

FWIW, there are people who think it's silly for a 2.5L car (even turboed) to have a dual exhausts in the first place. Looks nice though, IMO.

Not only do they look good, but they are tuned differently to give different resonances. It gives you a smoother torque output than a single exhaust.

And once again reviving a long-dead but very fun thread! Can't believe I just spent two hours reading it all!

Archived