LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

One thing that I have noticed is that the divider in the cup holders is removable. Twist it counterclockwise and you can take it out. Pretty neat if you get some of those nasty, sticky soda spills in there and you want to clean them out. You can also disable the gauge sweep all together, or have the gauges light up and sweep at the same time, instead of sweep first and than light up. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that if you have your wiper deicer on when you turn the car off, it won't come back on when the car is turned back on the next time. Makes it very annoying if you have remote start and iceicles for wiper blades!

Cough:back on topic:Cough :)

This one is silly, but I just noticed it...

If I leave the Subi running in the garage, it vibrates a picure in the house and it sounds like a miniature boxer!

a related silly thing i notcied is if you leave your subi running in the garage and sit in it, you'll die!

If you have a wagon, the metal garnish between the bumper and trunk floor is real metal. It dents when you hit it with something loading it into or out of the car. Now.. they could have made that more durable and used real aluminum trim inside the car instead of plastic.

Sounds more like the subaru WTF thread :) :) :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

if you have the moonroof, you can pop it up in the rear like / turn off the a/c and it will blow air through the vents anyway. if your temp before turning the car off was warm it will blow hot air, if it was below it will blow vent air. If you close the moonroof it seems to stop. you can customize the a/c system even after its off through wher the air comes from and where it blows out of. its like its always watching you

thats because the fast air passing over the moonroof creates a partial vacuum inside the cabin and if you dont have your air recirculation on, it will pull air in from outside (and through the heating/cooling elements) to equalize pressure. if you close your vents, you can feel your ears pop as the pressure inside the cabin drops. i use it on the highway for ventilation while keeping the coeffecient of drag down at a minimum to increase fuel effeciency. it also works wonders to pull the hot summer air out of a car thats been sitting in the sun when you first turn on the A/C.

one thing i noticed. if i leave the car sitting there for two weeks untouched because i'm in another country, the battery gets drained. nothing is on in the car, only the blinking security light. is the stock battery supposed to be that... weak?

Quote:

I don't think it makes sense at all. I understand that they don't want us goin faster than that, but I don't see it being up to them. Why make the car fast and not less us use it? Not too long ago I was on my way to see my now ex-gf down in Bloomington, I noted when I got on and when I got off of 465, goin around Indianapolis, I averaged 110 mph. If I woulda been able to set my cruise higher than that, I woulda been able to shave some time off my trip, and it woulda been way more fun.

Brother, thats pretty fast ... I support reasonable and prudent speed limit on most interstates, but be careful.

I love my car ... basically.

Not only that, but the Autobahn is regulated speed at night and in bad weather, no? Maybe a high limit... but IIRC, it isn't completely free-for-all at all times.

Actually the unlimited zones on the autobahn do not have a speed limit, even at night.

I myself do support reasonable and prudent, but i do believe there should be a 80 mph limit at night and 70 in the rail or wet conditions.

[sorry for the off topic... I'll try to make it quick...]

I could see 80 at night, although I think there may be drivers out there that aren't comfortable going that fast in the dark.

There are times that I wouldn't dream of it. Deer are a major problem in this area, and a deer strike, especially at interstate speed, can easily destroy a car, and seriously hurt people. Fatalaties are not unheard of in such circumstances.

The Autobahn might be fenced, and have good protection from animals wandering onto the roadway, but most other roads, in the US, Europe, or anywhere else, are usually NOT so protected.

With the occaisional traffic, and inability to constantly use high-beam headlights for consideration of oncoming drivers, it can be really dangerous.

Plus some people have trouble with headlight glare in general, or any number of other reasons for not being confident at that sort of speed at night.

And when some people drive slower than others at night, slower drivers can become obstacles for faster drivers, as closing speeds, distances, and lane positions can be harder to discern in the dark.

I would probably feel ok in a Legacy GT, with good rain-handling tires at 70mph... but there are cars, even like my Ranger if it were loaded with anything, that would not be the most ideal at that speed in the rain, even on the interstate.

Just because it is possible, doesn't mean it is appropriate for everyone. And people's definition of reasonable and prudent could be drastically different.

Although, on it's face, I do support reasonable and prudent, as well. I have to sometimes remind myself that prudence is sometimes defined by other people's limitations, not my own.

I certainly support reasonable and prudent more than restrictive speed laws that are used by legislatures to generate traffic fines. (I tend not to blame cops, I blame lawmakers.) 45mph on a somewhat limited access devided highway, in order to feed a speed trap is one of those circumstances.

[sorry for the off topic... I'll try to make it quick...]

I could see 80 at night, although I think there may be drivers out there that aren't comfortable going that fast in the dark.

I would probably feel ok in a Legacy GT, with good rain-handling tires at 70mph... but there are cars, even like my Ranger if it were loaded with anything, that would not be the most ideal at that speed in the rain, even on the interstate.

A speed limit set above the flow of traffic is ideal, so even if people arn't comfortable with that speed.

I was in a HEAVY rainstorm recently, wasnt in the legacy so idk how it handles in heavy rain yet. We had a 4wd expedition but chose to get off like everyone else was doing at the exit. It was a heavy rain and for the most part people were going 35, hazards on lol. people are not stupid, 98% of the driving public are good drives.

Under the pass side floor mat/rug near the bottom of the glove box, I saw a wire exposed. I looked behind and moved the rug out of the way. There is a set of wires and a connector un-connected. The male/female ends were just hanging there. I then connected them. When I started my car the next time, my check engine light was on. I couldn't figure out why. Then, I remembered what I had done. I shut the car, went back under the glove box, disconnected that connection and sure enough, the CEL was gone. Anyone know what the hell that thing is and why it's not connected? What point does it serve and why would it cause a CEL when connected?

They are test connectors n00b, they put the car in diagnostics mode or something. they are there for the dealer, or if you wanna install a AccessPort engine managment you connect them while loading the maps.

jk on the n00b thing :)

+1... Keep these diconnected and tucked in the carpet until you instal an Access Port and then just to install the base map.

• 2 weeks later...
ok i'm a n00b to legacys but here is a feature no one mentioned (or cares about)... the LGT, and probably some other models detect if there is a person in the passenger seat and turns that airbag on or off depending on if there is a someone sitting there. if there is a baby seat, it turns the airbag off too. pretty cool feature.

ok i'm a n00b to legacys but here is a feature no one mentioned (or cares about)... the LGT, and probably some other models detect if there is a person in the passenger seat and turns that airbag on or off depending on if there is a someone sitting there. if there is a baby seat, it turns the airbag off too. pretty cool feature.

yes there is sensor under the seat, that's why if you want to swap the stock seats, you should def get someone professional to do it, otherwise you'll mess up the airbag sensor :)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Here's a funny thing me and another member experienced

Next time you guys go to a Legacy meet, try stand together infront of your own Legacy and at the same time press the remote (either unlock or lock) It won't work lol, then if someone gets tired then you can lock/unlock your car

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Here's a funny thing me and another member experienced

Next time you guys go to a Legacy meet, try stand together infront of your own Legacy and at the same time press the remote (either unlock or lock) It won't work lol, then if someone gets tired then you can lock/unlock your car

Yeah we noticed that at my first meet last year, ever since then we get into remote jamming wars at meets lol...

Also there are instructions on the back of the remote on how to turn your chirp off

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Navigation owners..

The auto setting for day/night display doesn't work if you have the dimmer set to the highest position. With the dimmer set to the highest position, the nav will always use the day setting for the display.

Navigation always chooses the routes of Magellan.

Navigation doesnt know where the Outer Banks, NC is.

well here's a strange thing i noticed about my car.

We all know our legacy's are infamous for having no aux power after we turn off the engine. Well, when i turned off my off my engine the other night i accidently pulled on the windshield wiper column. (if you pull it toward you it engages to constant motion if you keep it pulled) AND guess what ... it came on.

I may not be able to roll up my windows, but by god i can use my windshield wipers ... lol; good one subaru lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived