LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tested Cruise on my car, was able to Set Cruise in 2-5

I tried 1st at 25mph but it wasnt having that I have an 05 5mt

I noticed there's no key hole on the back trunk. You either open it with the trunk release on the drives side floor or the key fob.

Hmmmmm?

Ok when you press the trip clear button on the gauge cluster, it goes to A or B, soo you have to different trips. cool.

Yep, and ive never reset my trip B so my AVG MPG is my mpg since i got the car :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

there is a trunk release on the inside of the trunk and has a funny picture next to the release of a stick-figure-esque guy in a run, running away from the car...i thought it was pretty funny. so in case you are storing any people in your trunk, looks like theyre gonna be able to get out.

The same picture is found in the trunk of a cop car. Don't ask...

Two gallons of milk require a seatbelt apperently.

Actually it says "iLL.1 - iLL.6"

I guess you could say that I noticed that mine will change down to iLL.5 every once in a while. Really the only "little thing" I noticed.

This happens on a Legacy???

I looked for it, but didn't notice...

"Insert Signature Here"

Originally Posted by BlackMagicGT

there is a trunk release on the inside of the trunk and has a funny picture next to the release of a stick-figure-esque guy in a run, running away from the car...i thought it was pretty funny. so in case you are storing any people in your trunk, looks like theyre gonna be able to get out.

That handle is also glow in the dark. Every car in the US since like 2002 has been mandated to have that, although many had them before that.

I've noticed that you can't use cruise control for 20MPH school zones. Soooo hard not to go faster than that.

Also, the information center will flash the time once you've hit the one hour mark for your trip.

The MPG info only works in sets of .03

Our cars seats don't fold down. (those god damn jerks!)

Oh yeah, and our engine is kick ass freaking sweeeeeet!

And apparently nobody in North America has ever seen a 05+ Legacy

I noticed there's no key hole on the back trunk. You either open it with the trunk release on the drives side floor or the key fob.

Hmmmmm?

the keyhole is next to the trunk release lever....

i like how there is nothing protruding from the body line like antennas and such... and only 1 keyhole on the whole exterior :lol:

there is no coin tray by the driver's left knee like my old Subarus had.

I miss that too. Keep lip balm, nail clipper, breath mints in there (at least used to).

And seeing as you are giving out crappy bulbs maybe you could tell me if my headlights are out too maybe?

My Camry had a warning light to tell tou if you had an external bulb out. With all the idiots running around with brake & tail lamps out, it should be a mandatory feature on cars.

Pressing the trip button on the guage cluster when the car keys are out will luminate and power the fuel guage, odimeter, and clock for about 5 seconds.

Service writer didn't know this. I felt so smart.

The auto trans and front diff dipsticks are hard to get at.

It is still ugly.

Tough choice.:lol:

This is more of a question than anything. Couple weeks ago I got a little over joyed at the thought of drivin my car, and during start up I must have tapped the good pedal and got a check engine light. In turn my car got :icon_mad: and would not operate at all. No control over throttle, to the floor 20mph WTF. Advisor said this is normal so you don't grenade your automotive perfection by continously dirving with a warning light. Anyone else find this "Fishy like Paris Hilton?"

Cruise light will also flash when check engine light is on.

When I lock the door with the key only the driver's door locks. All the other doors remain unlocked.

New things every day....I've never used my key to either lock or unlock any of the doors. 'smatter of fact, I was thinking of getting one of these body colored caps to put in/over the keyhole to hide it even further.

the keyhole is next to the trunk release lever....

i like how there is nothing protruding from the body line like antennas and such... and only 1 keyhole on the whole exterior :lol:

As i said, there is NO keyhole on the trunk to "open" the drunk via the master key. You either have to use the keyfob, or the lever on the floor next to the drivers seat.

The key hole you mention just locks the trunk for valet situations.

Must be a build date thing, as I don't have cruise in 4th either.

Must be a power thing, as I can spin all 4 wheels in the wet, in 1st and 2nd gear :icon_mrgr

Well if you have a manual transmission yeah.

My cruise works in 4th :icon_mrgr

I love the split A/B trip option. I reset A trip option everytime I fill up the fuel tank to track my avg mpg usage but only reset my B trip option after I change the oil. That way, it helps me track how many miles till my next oil change at the touch of a button.

Future accessory recommendation for Subaru: a Headlight bulb burn-out warning light for driver notification. :icon_wink

Future accessory recommendation for Subaru: a Headlight bulb burn-out warning light for driver notification. :icon_wink

My moms 1998 bonneville she used to have had a full bulb check, it would tell you what turn signal bulb was out or what headlight was out etc and had a lil diagram of the car..

It really wouldnt be that hard to add (although it would be nice if the headlights just didnt go out) :lol::lol::lol:

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Nope... that's normal.
really? I was cruising on the highway today and downshifted to 4th to pass (which kicked me out of cruise) and after I passed I hit resume and continue to cruise.

Only the thing was I forgot to shift back to 5th because I was talking to my passenger. Took me a second to process the sound of my engine running at a higher RPM than it should at 75mph or so, it seemed weird at first before I realized my mistake.

Only cruise control funnies I've seen are that it doesn't let you engage over say 85mph, but you can accelerate through and beyond that using the accel on the cruise stalk. Or rather, I read that somewhere in a book while I was sitting at the track wearing my protective helmet.

On that window lock button thinger, on my old car it actually turned off the lights on the switches at the other doors (and kept them off) but I still had full control over the windows. I liked that better than how the suby does it.

I read that feature in the manual, called the locate feature. I think it's a great idea, but the book says "Given that you are within 30 feet of your car..." If I'm within 30 feet of my car, I don't need any help locating it, I just open my eyes and I can see it.

They say 30 feet, but I can use my remote from probably 100'... granted not anymore because the battery is starting to wear down. I'll have to replace that soon :)

Archived