LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is the problem: Everyone thinks, "well Keefe runs w/o brackets and he auto-crosses and tracks so I shouldn't have a problem", wrong!

On Keefe's car he has coil-overs with much stiffer springs then the vast majority of us run. I would guess that most of us (especially if you have stock springs) put a lot more stress on our bars then he does. Running springs twice as stiff as most of us means that the springs do most of the "anti-swaying" and not the bars.

Also, regular old bumps that hit only one side of the car can cause huge stresses on that bracket, much more so then an on-ramp exit taken at full speed.

IMO there is a reason why CUSCO has a bracket that fits the JDM cars, and their bars happen to fit our cars too, that is why they are sold. They were not made for our cars, though, they where made for the JDM ones.

Bingo. Don't forget I broke mine with stock endlinks/springs/struts/RE92s and Cobb bars. Higher rates means that there's less movement/less force on the sway.

I suspect it was a small drainage channel on a turn that I took a fast right hand turn over.

Ok wait. You guys are starting to make me nervous. I just bought a pair of Cusco sways (they haven't even arrived yet), but that's all - everything else is stock. I didn't buy any endlinks. Do I need to, i.e. am I going to break anything with regular, everyday driving (with my "spirited-ness" set to low-medium)? What about the occasional autocross?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

It's not hitting anything....although a bit close to the axle for comfort. I'm just making the point that nothing fits like OEM except OEM.

i agree with the OEM quote. they seem to be fine, no clunking, car handles way better. i will keep an eye on them and if there is an issue i guess i'll deal with it then. thanks for the response

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Anybody using the COBB reinforcement brackets with Cusco sways? Fitment issues? While I'm at it, should I pick up a new set of endlinks? If so, which?

Maybe a stupid question, but after swapping out endlinks or sway bars is an alignment advisable:confused:

Maybe a stupid question, but after swapping out endlinks or sway bars is an alignment advisable:confused:

Sways no, end links, probably not.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

No. They have no effect on alignment......unless you realy screwed something up on the installation!!

Ron

No. They have no effect on alignment......unless you realy screwed something up on the installation!!

I haven't done the install yet ... just trying to get all my ducks in a row before doing it, hence the reason I have been interesed in this thread.

Thanks!

I see that Cobb is selling a Front and Rear sway combo w/ the brackets for what seems to be a pretty good price. Does anyone know if these are the new ones that aren't actually ready yet? If I order them now will I get the new and improved sways or the old "clunkers"?

Cobb stopped selling the 'old' ones when it was discovered they didn't fit properly. Any new orders would be filled with the 'new' bars, which have not started shipping yet. I'm not sure if Cobb is still taking orders?? They need to replace a bunch of rear bars first...

Woohoo! Just got confirmation from Cobb that my revised RSB has shipped. Anybody else heard from them?

Not yet, but I will be checking my e-mails when I get home.

I should get mine first, because I was the first to discover the problem.:icon_wink

Woohoo! Just got confirmation from Cobb that my revised RSB has shipped. Anybody else heard from them?

Had a message from Parker on my answering machine when I got home from work this evening. Going to haul my RSB in there tomorrow and exchange it for the revised bar. Should have it installed by noon.

Archived