LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is your rear-suspension setup? you're lowered?

H&R springs...probably dropped an inch. That's it other than the Cobb F&RSB.

Saw a couple of the Cobb cats at the ALMS race here in Utah last weekend. Looking at a few more weeks at least, is my guess.

With the stock end links, the progress bar is fine. No clunk. Yes, I have progress springs too. Very similar drop to Ions. The AVO end links are too short to adjust out where there is enough thread to hold. The new support brackets are BEEFY and easy to install. From the pics of other's added support brackets the Progress brackets are better made. Joe was very helpful to me getting this issue sorted out on my GT.

At least they are fixing it!! Ever deal with Jim Wolf Tech in cali?? Not exactly the best customer service!

exactly! at least they are professional, recognize there's an issue, and working on resolving it! :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The author of that sent that to COBB before posting it publicly on this site. COBB is in the works of fixing the front bar too from what I understand.

That is correct.

I think the rear reinforcement brackets are of good quality. They are powder coated formed steel, and they are easy to install. The resultant strengthened bracket assembly is now very, very stiff and I believe it will not deflect or break. I would not use a stiff rear bar without these (or equivalent) brackets.

any updates? I installed the f/r cobb sways and endlinks and my car makes noises over every tiny bump in the road. it's driving me crazy after 2 days! It's even worse when someone is in the back seat. I hope Cobb finds a solution quick!

Not a final...but a recieved and email last week to confirm a mailing address to send the new one as well as instructions to return the old on when it arrived!

It's a start!

J

Did this come from Cobb or from a vendor? Or did you buy them directly from Cobb?

Talked to Josh at COBB, here is the scoop:

They received a new proto-type a couple weeks ago, it rubbed too!:(

New one has been drawn up in CAD, and hopefully will be made in the next week. After that it will likely be another 4-6 weeks for production.

Talked to Josh at COBB, here is the scoop:

They received a new proto-type a couple weeks ago, it rubbed too!:(

New one has been drawn up in CAD, and hopefully will be made in the next week. After that it will likely be another 4-6 weeks for production.

damn! :( but at least they are working on it. too bad it'll be AFTER solo II season is over (for me)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The question is do any not rub?

Neither of mine have ever rubbed or made noise. The problem on my OBXT (stock suspension otherwise) was that the bar walked off center which caused one of the stock links to fail. Now that I have the FSB held on center it works perfectly, zero problems. The RSB was great right out of the box and I have had zero problems with that also.

COBB has that long-winded thing that I wrote up (it's mentioned earlier in this thread) and they are fully aware of the problems that I had. Trey Cobb contacted me directly to get further information on my install so they could make things work correctly.

I really appreciate his effort to get these to work correctly for all configurations. Not all vendors will do that. Many of them will just go tell you to pound sand because it is not thier fault their stuff does not work on your car, clearly you did this or that wrong because it worked flawlessly on their shop car (i.e with their single data point), so it must be your car....

Question! I recently installed cobb f/r sways, endlinks, and pink springs. The amount of noise is horrendous :icon_mad: , i constantly hear clunks and it's driving me insane. I like the way the car sits and handles, but the ride is overly rough in the back seats (according to the wife).

Will the clunks go away if I go back to the stock springs? Are the clunks only caused when combining sways+springs?

Can anyone testify that they do not have clunks with cobb f/r sway and oem springs? Thanks!

Archived