LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

New end-links have made noise in the past.

At any rate, if it is not hard to tell if the bar hits the control arm. If in doubt put a bit of paint on it, drive then look again.

FWIW the new bars that COBB produced (forever ago) show no signs of ever rubbing on my car.

Same here, been on for years, and no rubbing. Only issue was that stock ELs can't stand up to the front bar, so I have Kartboys.

Ron

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the cobb bars on my outback this weekend, WOW love em much better than just the jdm.

Did the vel0mac trick with the spacers on the end of the front bar (for outback owners) and the collars to keep them from going side to side.

These work great. Dont know why they quit selling them. Bought mine used

Anybody have any pictures on the angle of the rear swaybar and the endlinks on the stiffest setting with the newer bar?

I am just curious how parallell the part that point to the front of the car is to the ground, and what your endlinks look like as well.

• 2 months later...
Well damn, I just bought the rear bar form a member and it had the rubbing issue as I noticed right out of the box that it had rubbed some material away. Wonder if it's enough not to rub in mine but it would be a problem since I auto-x.

321988311_CobbSway.thumb.jpg.ce6644c9b455941c90ca53f633e1c8a3.jpg

1068278653_CobbSway2.thumb.jpg.26ea04d4d7f0e2069338076366e08047.jpg

IMG_2237.thumb.jpg.4acc179d8efd25784ab73bcab9f09063.jpg

IMG_2238.thumb.jpg.ac5f50c68384be383f0993a23ba761a3.jpg

Well damn, I just bought the rear bar form a member and it had the rubbing issue as I noticed right out of the box that it had rubbed some material away. Wonder if it's enough not to rub in mine but it would be a problem since I auto-x.

That is the old bar, the new bar looks different.

Archived