LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

Actually, the longer links should help. The sway bar arcs over the control arm and meets the link. If you lengthen the link, it raises the arched part of the sway bar and moves it away from the control arm. I don't think it will solve the problem (since folks are getting contact with stock suspension), but should help somewhat.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, the longer links should help. The sway bar arcs over the control arm and meets the link. If you lengthen the link, it raises the arched part of the sway bar and moves it away from the control arm. I don't think it will solve the problem (since folks are getting contact with stock suspension), but should help somewhat.

Isn't that essentially what I said?

You are correct.

And, testfitting to a lowered LGT will occur so we can all spend money now??

If I have learned 1 thing over the past 2 years it never be the first to buy a product for the 05/06 Legacy till after it’s been on the market for a few months.

If I have learned 1 thing over the past 2 years it never be the first to buy a product for the 05/06 Legacy till after it’s been on the market for a few months.

QFT!!

Copy of an e-mail I just got from COBB

I still do not have any definite time line. I hope to have a test bar next week. Production time cannot be established yet since we do not know if this will be a 100% resolution until we test it.

Cheers,

Josh

COBB Tuning

Isn't that essentially what I said?

Duh... reading comprehension > me... :lol:

And it did exactly that. Not completely solved, but greatly reduced. More later, I'm leaving in a few hours for a 10 day motorcycle trip... :D

BTW, looking at the pics in the other thread, it almost looks like the tabs the endlinks bolt to were welded on backwards on the Cobb RSB. If they were reversed, they would be more like the stock bar...

BTW, looking at the pics in the other thread, it almost looks like the tabs the endlinks bolt to were welded on backwards on the Cobb RSB. If they were reversed, they would be more like the stock bar...

I agree.

Finally, here are the pics of my Cobb front sway bar, still installed and appears to be bent. I have not had a chance to remove it yet to tell for sure, but I don't see any other explanation for the paint cracking and looking the way it does. This is with AVO endlinks and stock springs and struts. My rear also rubs in the same place that others have mentioned and pictured here. The rear rubs with stock or AVO endlinks, on both settings, and with stock springs and struts. COBB, please help me!!!:confused:

sway1.thumb.jpg.6c6ba2237e6809ba76bdfc4edae59771.jpg

sway2.thumb.jpg.f9e40209e90078cd2c1c66fc2bbacf6f.jpg

sway3.thumb.jpg.242baa3d52a829f0531afca4a5e895a8.jpg

sway4.thumb.jpg.c4d5ec21dff08d9196b88515b7efbff9.jpg

sway6.thumb.jpg.c9348bf35076a6ac82dd953a5b36ce4a.jpg

Here's where my Cobb RSB hits. You'll notice the blue paint scraped off of the bar. Looks like a revised bar is in the works.

That is where it hits on mine too.

Are those COBB's end-links?

What do you think of them?

That is where it hits on mine too.

Are those COBB's end-links?

What do you think of them?

Yes, they ARE Cobb endlinks. Quality pieces from what I can tell. Took me awhile to figure out how to put the damn things on! But I think I got it. Tried to get them as straight up and down as possible.

I got the new Progress rear sway bar installed with the new reinforcement brackets. No clunking from the control arm and it clears my custom exhaust (barely, but it does). 2 hole adjustable, lowered on iON springs, and stock endlinks.

With everyone lowering their cars different amounts, different exhaust configurations, etc. it's not that easy to make a universal bar that is going to clear everything on the first try. With a wait as long as COBBs, you might expect it to be perfect, but they do have to deal with a lot of variables; give em a break.

Got any pictures of this Progress bar?

Not the best of pictures, but I've got a few. You can see where the Progress bar has way more bend than the COBB to clear that control arm.

In that third picture the wheel is at full sag correct?

Got any pictures of that angle with the suspension pushed up to the normal level or even a slightly compressed level to show the clearance in those positions?

I only ask because if the wheel is completely suspended I would expect there to be more space compared to when the car is on the ground or with the suspension compressed.

Here be my Cobb with the impact marks...hope it gets fixed soon as I put the ol' stock one back on and left the Front Cobb on...feels great but I can see it pushing into corners when it gets down to the nitty gritty...

J

657909410_Coquiltlam072.jpg.5cf9d98894720c0bf49ca9b935389184.jpg

2009653556_Coquiltlam079.jpg.77120ed100463fc934b5b870660723c1.jpg

That third picture is when my car is still on the lift, correct. I can see if I can get more pictures on the ground, but there isn't exactly a lot of space under a lowerd Legacy for a photoshoot. Bottom line, it has been two weeks and the Progress bar is not hitting the control arms at all.

Archived