LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep, mine shipped out yesterday. :) now just gotta wait and install when it arrives. what the heck am i gonna do with the clunking one?? maybe keep it, give it to someone who doesn't have their LGT lowered??
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

just out of curiosity and i know this might be a long shot but when somone get the new on could they take a picture. Now when i say picture i am requesting a picture of the whole sway bar to see if it will clear my custom axle back exhaust. there is really no sense of me comparing the old one with my exhaust setup. If somone could please take that picture though it would be greatly appreciated.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

just out of curiosity and i know this might be a long shot but when somone get the new on could they take a picture. Now when i say picture i am requesting a picture of the whole sway bar to see if it will clear my custom axle back exhaust. there is really no sense of me comparing the old one with my exhaust setup. If somone could please take that picture though it would be greatly appreciated.

Installed? Put my new one on yesterday.

i know its alot to ask though but would you be able to take a picture installed. I am wanting to see the whole general perspection of the RSB installed to see if it will miss my axle back.

OTM.

i know its alot to ask though but would you be able to take a picture installed. I am wanting to see the whole general perspection of the RSB installed to see if it will miss my axle back.

Give me a few minutes, gotta get dressed. Hope these help. If not I'll try again.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/exhaust.jpg

i think i should be ok. didnt know if i was going to have to refab the exhaust work or not though. I am still wanting to get polished stainless steel y pipe so if nothing else i can just put the sway bar on and then have the fab work done. pictures look good though. and thank you a bunch for taking them for me so i could compare the two. thank a million.

OTM.

yep, mine shipped out yesterday. :) now just gotta wait and install when it arrives. what the heck am i gonna do with the clunking one?? maybe keep it, give it to someone who doesn't have their LGT lowered??

If you go back through this thread, there are a bunch of folks who got the clunking on stock-height cars, also.

Ron

BigJon - Are the mount reinforcements supposed to hang down like that? I put mine on the other way, upside down to what you did.

As for my old bar, it'll become a pull-up bar in the garage, hanging from the ceiling. I'd offer it to someone who could possibly use it but they'd need all the mount hardware, bushings, reinforcements etc - at that point they should just buy a new one.

Besides, with Cobb going so far to make things right here it wouldn't seem kosher to cheat them out of a sale.

BigJon - Are the mount reinforcements supposed to hang down like that? I put mine on the other way, upside down to what you did.

As for my old bar, it'll become a pull-up bar in the garage, hanging from the ceiling. I'd offer it to someone who could possibly use it but they'd need all the mount hardware, bushings, reinforcements etc - at that point they should just buy a new one.

Besides, with Cobb going so far to make things right here it wouldn't seem kosher to cheat them out of a sale.

oh ok. ya, that would make sense, all they need to correct is the bar itself, not the brackets... so what the heck am i gonna do with the bar? :( LOL

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I just got an automated call from UPS about a delivery for tomorrow. When I checked to see what it was, I saw it originated Salt Lake City... :D

Strange that Cobb didn't send me an email??

Cobb has them in stock, as I called today to insure a delivery by (hopefully) Friday and NLT Monday. I have a track event at Gingerman next Thursday and I want to have them on.

FYI: for anyone within driving distance of western MI, we have open spots at our Gingerman day next Thursday 10/12. Only gonna be about 20 cars, and we have the track from 7 AM to 5 PM.

Ron

Archived