LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no. closest is the Cobb/Perrin design (similar), but neither is adjustable. That's a hybrid of a sealed AVO and Cobb type and looks to be a good deal. No reason it won't work for us as long as the length is within spec.

no. closest is the Cobb/Perrin design (similar), but neither is adjustable. That's a hybrid of a sealed AVO and Cobb type and looks to be a good deal. No reason it won't work for us as long as the length is within spec.

Yeah, I'm going to check with Comptech to see if they'll give me the dimensions and, if they're not compatible, maybe they'll even be agreeable to putting me in contact with their supplier.

#1 - Cusco isn't adjustable. #2 - it doesn't fit properly either. #3 - no rear reinforcing bracket

#1 adjustability sure helps when trying to tweak your suspension

#2 some end-links don't work with CUSCO bars

#3 my bracket was starting to bend, so I guess I need it

#1 adjustability sure helps when trying to tweak your suspension

#2 some end-links don't work with CUSCO bars

#3 my bracket was starting to bend, so I guess I need it

1. mine is tweaked enough

2. don't need "some" end-links. if you do get the ones that work w/Cusco

3. if a problem develops i'll deal with it later

mine is not a track car.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

1. who cares 2. mine do 3. don't need one

you so sure about #2? take a pic of the rear and show me your endlinks maintain stock position (vertical), and I'll shut up. :lol:

<---- has a Cusco RSB on the car now and knows it can be done better

Got a wagon, got Cobb f+r sways. No problems. Not lowered. Better than a Porsche Sportster(not the "S") on on/off ramps. Rides a little hard though! (soft setting on rear):icon_mrgr

No clunks, no bumps, but they squeak on occasion!:icon_wink

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

you so sure about #2? take a pic of the rear and show me your endlinks maintain stock position (vertical), and I'll shut up. :lol:

<---- has a Cusco RSB on the car now and knows it can be done better

i stand corrected.

just checked and the endlinks are not absolutely vertical. there is a slight angle maybe 10 degrees off vertical. it does not look to be a problem but i've been wrong before (see above) :lol: i'm not purchasing new bars so what are my options?

Stay Stock Stay Happy

i stand corrected.

just checked and the endlinks are not absolutely vertical. there is a slight angle maybe 10 degrees off vertical. it does not look to be a problem but i've been wrong before (see above) :lol: i'm not purchasing new bars so what are my options?

I don't think that 10 degrees off vertical would make any difference. If could put some weird forces on the mounts, but nothing that would be detrimental to suspension geometry. I just don't think that the flex involved would change anything.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

cut and re-weld the ends in the proper position, or just leave it alone. ;) It's not hitting anything....although a bit close to the axle for comfort. I'm just making the point that nothing fits like OEM except OEM.

I don't think that 10 degrees off vertical would make any difference. If could put some weird forces on the mounts, but nothing that would be detrimental to suspension geometry. I just don't think that the flex involved would change anything.:)

see the angle and the proximity to the axles:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/Cusco3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/Cusco.jpg

I think this is the problem: Everyone thinks, "well Keefe runs w/o brackets and he auto-crosses and tracks so I shouldn't have a problem", wrong!

On Keefe's car he has coil-overs with much stiffer springs then the vast majority of us run. I would guess that most of us (especially if you have stock springs) put a lot more stress on our bars then he does. Running springs twice as stiff as most of us means that the springs do most of the "anti-swaying" and not the bars.

Also, regular old bumps that hit only one side of the car can cause huge stresses on that bracket, much more so then an on-ramp exit taken at full speed.

IMO there is a reason why CUSCO has a bracket that fits the JDM cars, and their bars happen to fit our cars too, that is why they are sold. They were not made for our cars, though, they where made for the JDM ones.

I think this is the problem: Everyone thinks, "well Keefe runs w/o brackets and he auto-crosses and tracks so I shouldn't have a problem", wrong!

On Keefe's car he has coil-overs with much stiffer springs then the vast majority of us run. I would guess that most of us (especially if you have stock springs) put a lot more stress on our bars then he does. Running springs twice as stiff as most of us means that the springs do most of the "anti-swaying" and not the bars.

Also, regular old bumps that hit only one side of the car can cause huge stresses on that bracket, much more so then an on-ramp exit taken at full speed.

IMO there is a reason why CUSCO has a bracket that fits the JDM cars, and their bars happen to fit our cars too, that is why they are sold. They were not made for our cars, though, they where made for the JDM ones.

So does Cusco make brakets/reinforcements? Never heard about them. Do they fit our cars?

^ I forget who tested it (Keefe championed the effort), but it does not fit our cars. Cobb is the only thing out at the moment I believe.

No, there is also Worx/Progress (supposedly the same thing) and Perrin. I believe the former look stronger than Cobb/Perrin.

Perrin makes them but only will sell with their bars.

Another company also makes something similiar. I tried searching for it but cannot find right now. The thread title was a little misleading, something about ending RSB clunking, when it was actually a reinforcement bracket, the price was decent as well.

I would just get a COBB one, I can vouch for it being a good piece.

Another company also makes something similiar. I tried searching for it but cannot find right now. The thread title was a little misleading, something about ending RSB clunking, when it was actually a reinforcement bracket, the price was decent as well.

Yep, these are the Worx/Progress reinforcements. Looked very beefy in the pics.

No, there is also Worx/Progress (supposedly the same thing) and Perrin. I believe the former look stronger than Cobb/Perrin.

Worx that is it: Found it:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39109

Archived