LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bars are showing up on Monday, and I haven't done Subaru bars before, but if the rear can be removed without taking off the tires and having to snake it out one of the sides, it would be wonderful!!
Ron

Just installed mine (the replacement bar) last night, no clunking, but I am on stock springs, and didn't get it that often anyway.

As for the installation, you do not have to remove the tires.

I have found that the easiest way is to disconnect both exhaust cans after the y pipe and the bar will come right out, no fighting with it.

Just recieved my Cobb Sways the other day too. I am hoping to get a chance to install them this weekend. Since we are wandering towards install questions on this thread I am going to throw this one out.

The included instructions seem very detailed but I would like to do it on ramps as opposed to stands like they suggest. Will I run into any problems putting the reinforcement bracket on if it is on the ramps? I wouldn't think that I would need to worry about the diff falling off like they caution about in the instructions if the rear wheels are on ramps, but can I still get the bracket on with the weight on the wheels?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

Just recieved my Cobb Sways the other day too. I am hoping to get a chance to install them this weekend. Since we are wandering towards install questions on this thread I am going to throw this one out.

The included instructions seem very detailed but I would like to do it on ramps as opposed to stands like they suggest. Will I run into any problems putting the reinforcement bracket on if it is on the ramps? I wouldn't think that I would need to worry about the diff falling off like they caution about in the instructions if the rear wheels are on ramps, but can I still get the bracket on with the weight on the wheels?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

I did the whole install on Ramps works great...

^^^Shouldn't matter much. Endlinks would just be at a different angle. Either way there shouldn't be any pressure/torque on the bar since both wheels are about at the same position in travel.

Tires off it's probably easier to get at the endlinks. I've done it with ramps and had no issues.

Cobb has them in stock, as I called today to insure a delivery by (hopefully) Friday and NLT Monday. I have a track event at Gingerman next Thursday and I want to have them on.

FYI: for anyone within driving distance of western MI, we have open spots at our Gingerman day next Thursday 10/12. Only gonna be about 20 cars, and we have the track from 7 AM to 5 PM.

Just got back from vacation and saw this. I'm in South Bend, Ind. Gingerman is abouty an hour from me. What group is this at Gingerman? Cost?

Anyone else replaced their bar yet with the revised one? I have been holding back before purchasing the Cobb bars to make sure I am making the right decision. I want front and rear sways and until I hear more from Cobb customers I am having a hard time deciding between Cobb or Cusco.

Thanks

Just got back from Vacation (18 hours of driving from Toledo to Tega Cay, SC and back) Full trunk (and I mean FULL, 2 women's suit cases and my bag and golf clubs) with a passenger in the back seat.

Drove over several speed bumps, no clunking, some rail road tracks (no slowing down :icon_wink ) and no clunking.

I used to get the clunk on RR tracks and speed bumps with passengers in the back. No more clunk.

I put mine in earlier in the week. After a 400-mile round-trip, and a partial track day in cold weather on a wet track, they have worked fine.

Only issue that I've seen (and I need to write Cobb about this) has to do with the torque specs for the front subframe brace. Cobb specified 55 lbs/ft for all ten bolts, and I believe that I have stripped two of them (a pair that go into the subframe, not the ones with the nuts).

After searching around, this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11454

says the torque should only be 44 lbs/ft. I think I'm screwed on two of them if I ever need to pull that brace again.

For the rear bar, I would also recomend not putting the bushings on the bar until you have the bar in place, as I got the grease smeared around on the bar when the bushings were moving as I wrestled it into place.

Ron

Archived