LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to pick on you, as I see this across many threads, but just going up to Thread Tools will allow anyone to subscribe without adding noise to a thread. For whatever reason, this is more prevalent in this Forum than others I'm on.
Ron

I got my new end-links from MSI today (NICE STUFF!).

I really hope I get my new RSB soon so I can install all of this. I have a hard time not installing new parts when they are sitting in my garage.

My Cobb bars were scheduled to arrive a couple of weeks before my July track day, then shipments were suspended. My next track day is on October 12th, and the bars won't be out before then, so I'll just put off the purchase until next Spring before my Spring track day..

I'm sure that Cobb will get it right this time, but waiting until Spring will ensure that others will test the bars first.

Ron

I just got off the phone with Cobb. The sway bars are at powdercoating right now. They should start shipping within the next week to week and a half. They are just waiting to get the lot back from the powdercoaters.

CBE/TBE should be ready by the end of Oct, beginning Nov. website should get upgraded around the same time.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Why is it so hard to design a bar that doesn't go clunk?

Oh that's right...

We keep changing the car dynamics with springs, coilovers, wheels/tires.........

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Why is it so hard to design a bar that doesn't go clunk?

Oh that's right...

We keep changing the car dynamics with springs, coilovers, wheels/tires.........

Not a valid excuse at all.

The suspension geometry is not changed by 99.5% of us. If a bar works with the suspension geometry it will work no matter what springs or coilovers are on the car.

Wheels and tires make no diff what-so-ever!

+1, lowering the vehicle with springs doesn't change the relationship between the hard parts, it just starts things out at a different point in the travel. If you look at a stock sway bar, and the Cobb, it's pretty obvious where the problem lies.

Making a bigger hollow bar has to be tougher. I liken it to getting larger mandrel-bend exhaust pipes to fit as well as the (smaller) crush-bend pipes (BTDT).

I would think it would be easier to properly do a solid bar. Even so, there still are some suspension dynamics that can make for clearance issues.

Ron

I was over-simplifying the issues.

Yes the mfgs seem to not be able to get it right on first run.

Sways are not the only parts we have seen fail the real world tests.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

What is the actually diameter of the RSB? I've read their website with the x% stiffer, but i'd like to know the actual diameter. I just did my first autox today and some issues with understeer in a nearly 180* corner, no turbo = not enought power to rotate the rear, so i'm looking for a larger and stiffer rear bar than my Cusco.

Also anyone had both the Cusco and Cobb, what are your experience with both?

Thanks

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Well $#^$#&*@, what do I do now? My wagon has Pinks and I've got Cobb sways ready to go on. Do I take a shot and put them on or try and convince Cobb to replace the RSB before installation? Anyone out there install the RSB on a lowered car and NOT have clearance issues?

I'd wait, bro. Call Cobb, let them know what you got and have them notify you when the revised RSB is available. Shouldn't be more than a week or two. I understand the bars are at powdercoat. And that's local to CobbTuning's shop.

I'd wait, bro. Call Cobb, let them know what you got and have them notify you when the revised RSB is available. Shouldn't be more than a week or two. I understand the bars are at powdercoat. And that's local to CobbTuning's shop.

Yeah, that's where I'm at now. I've been in contact with Cobb and I'm on the list to get a revised RSB as soon as they're available. Now, what the $%T^#&@ do I do about my MSI endlinks? If you're read [thread=43832]this thread[/thread] they don't seem to work very well with Cobb or Cusco sways. Not blaming MSI, but it does seem that maybe the non-spherical bearing was not the best idea for broad aftermarket applications.

The Sways will be shipping by Friday(9/29/06) I have a confirmation of my order.

I ordered, about $2000 worth of stuff from them, and they are holding all the parts, untill the sways are available, and then they will ship all at once. I have a confirmation of my order shipping, between Friday and Monday. It's all in timing as to when they receive the sways versus when their shipping service comes to pick up packages. As soon as I receive a tracking number I will let you all know. I'm sure others will be shipped out prior to mine. But will still inform you all anyways.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Yeah, that's where I'm at now. I've been in contact with Cobb and I'm on the list to get a revised RSB as soon as they're available. Now, what the $%T^#&@ do I do about my MSI endlinks? If you're read [thread=43832]this thread[/thread] they don't seem to work very well with Cobb or Cusco sways. Not blaming MSI, but it does seem that maybe the non-spherical bearing was not the best idea for broad aftermarket applications.

sucks, but so do ill-fitting swaybars. nothing fits like stock so far, so you must get endlinks that can compensate for non-stock fitments.

The Sways will be shipping by Friday(9/29/06) I have a confirmation of my order.

Kool, man. I'm 30 minutes from those cats. I'll be down there friday on Parker's ass for my revised edition sways. Hope I don't have to rough him up. LoL

Archived