LegacyGT.com

COBB sway problems getting solved!

LittleBlueGT

Question! I recently installed cobb f/r sways, endlinks, and pink springs. The amount of noise is horrendous :icon_mad: , i constantly hear clunks and it's driving me insane. I like the way the car sits and handles, but the ride is overly rough in the back seats (according to the wife).

Will the clunks go away if I go back to the stock springs? Are the clunks only caused when combining sways+springs?

Can anyone testify that they do not have clunks with cobb f/r sway and oem springs? Thanks!

When does it make the clunk noise? When you go over bumps? While turning? Braking? Need a bit more info...

Check to see that you have torque the endlinks to the sways down correctly and that they are tight.

With the Pinks and F&R sway upgrades, it will definitely be a much firmer and harsher ride.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question! I recently installed cobb f/r sways, endlinks, and pink springs. The amount of noise is horrendous :icon_mad: , i constantly hear clunks and it's driving me insane. I like the way the car sits and handles, but the ride is overly rough in the back seats (according to the wife).

Will the clunks go away if I go back to the stock springs? Are the clunks only caused when combining sways+springs?

Can anyone testify that they do not have clunks with cobb f/r sway and oem springs? Thanks!

if you have followed this whole thread, the reason Cobb has pulled the bars off the market was because of clunking on both lowered and stock-height LGTs.

Pull the Cobb bars out, and stay in touch with them to get them replaced with the updated bars that will come out in the future.

Ron

When does it make the clunk noise? When you go over bumps? While turning? Braking? Need a bit more info...

Check to see that you have torque the endlinks to the sways down correctly and that they are tight.

With the Pinks and F&R sway upgrades, it will definitely be a much firmer and harsher ride.

my car constantly clunks, over bumps and any other kind of normal driving. I'll check the endlinks again, thanks.

I went back to stock sprongs in and RSB in in the back (obviously) and the clunking ceased...left the Cobb Fsb on and am winging it until the fix...you can certainly feel where the Frimer RSB will be a great asset!

Now like the rest I'm just ... hanging...waiting...contemplating...and...anticipating!

J

My Cobb rear sway hits all the time with the stock springs, even more so when people are in the back seat. Can't wait to get the replacement!!

Just to repeat for anyone with the Cobb sway bars: Cobb has a database of customers who have these bars, and will ship replacement rear bars when available. If you have not done so already, you should contact them and get on the list...

Got an e-mail from Josh at COBB today.

To start I wanted to thank you for your patience and let you know we have been working hard on a solution.

We have tested a sway bar design that fits properly. We have them worked into the production schedule and will get them ready ASAP. I do not have a timeframe yet, but with the current bending and powder coating schedules, I suspect in between 3-5 weeks before we can start shipping. As soon as I have something more solid from the bending company I will let you know.

Did Josh at Cobb say how they changed the design to prevent clunking and if it will work with lowering springs? (too lazy now to read entire thread again)

The bends in the bar have to be just right. They are testing it on their LGT that is lowered with their springs (not out yet).

If the bar rubs on a lowered car it will rub on a non-lowered car too, when the suspension hits the bump stops, just not as much.

The new bar will solve all of these probelms.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to justin at Cobb, a couple times over the last few days, Their about 2-3 weeks out. Their awaiting another shipment before going to powdercoating, then they will be available.

On a side note the CBE/TBE will be done shorlty as well.the center, and Y pipe are currently in production, and they are waiting to have a decent supply before announcing. the axle back are done but they will not sell them because they are holding them to mate with the center and Y pipes. should be about 4-6 weeks. They are also working on a special TMIC that will bolt straight up and fit under the engine cover, wont be ready till next spring though. The Cobb Springs will be done very soon. Keep an Eye out on the website. The website is supposedly getting updated soon.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

I talked to justin at Cobb.....

On a side note ... They are also working on a special TMIC that will bolt straight up and fit under the engine cover, wont be ready till next spring though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Next spring 2010?? :lol: :lol:

Cusco RSB FTW!!!!:icon_mrgr

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

WAAAAAAAIT hold up. It doesn't fit right either? How did I miss that memo?

I think what he means is the CUSCO RSB does not position the end-links vertical for less then optimal movement.

The CUSCO RSB AFAIK has no fitment problems.

If the COBB bar works properly, we should have them in a couple of weeks (I hope), then the COBB RSB FTW! Josh @ COBB has gone through 2 revisions to get one that works with the full range of suspension movement our cars have.

I hope he is right!

Archived