LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Hey Hog, you have another satisfied modder here. I've been reading several pages and had the day off, so I decided to run across the street to Home Depot and get the supplies. I had to use the stock bold and hex nut due to the fact that the new 3/8 hex nuts didn't want to fit the 3/8 bolts.

That's because the OEM bolts are metric.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

always glad to help!!! My mom just bought a '10 Legacy....I'm trying to get her to Hogzaust it. But then, you know, she is a woman. I don't know if she'd enjoy the noise on her 70 mile commute. LOL.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

gotta say, love mine too. Did it about a month or so ago, had one HELL of a time with some pb blaster, almost a full can of torch, and of course plenty of real good ol' fashioned elbow grease. Things were locked on there so tight that on the upper bolts (harder to reach/harder angled ones) that the extension on my crappy no name ratchet set actually twisted and snapped. Never seen that before. Guess 4 years of corrosion really did a job on those nuts and bolts... Took me and my buddy about 2 hours and change to work all 4 off. Gaskets were useless, like fishbone said, essentially part of the flange and no longer a discernible separate piece. My next endeavor with my hoggy will be to add a couple more washers. Now, dont get me wrong the sound is great now, but I need something a little more "toneful" (if thats a word, which i dont think it is). Just somethin to hold me over for a couple more months until the bank account recoups enough to get my tbe setup:).

1996 legacy 2.2, MS3 UEL header, light crank pulley, other mods, etc. - I love it!, one thick washer, (x2, of course), and I now have a deep boxer rumble!, not too loud, but intimidating. I guess I now have a low restriction muffler for free, I don't think a $500 dollar cat-back system would be that much of an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored several weeks ago and, as title states, jacked up out leggy and applied washers again. Real easy to remove the nuts after spraying with a bit of lubricant. Gaskets were in good shape, tossed them in the glove box. Used 3 washers this time, 1 zinc between 2 galvanized. I applied some all purpose grease to the bolts and nuts this time. Have showed it to 4 people, asking them to check out my Stromung aftermarket exhaust system......Our boys and I like it, wifey hates it......See my next post for reactions, comments......

Edited by BENCOB

Friend at work who drives a Scion liked it. He had paid 135$ on ebay for an exhaust, I told him that was 133$ too much......This is the young man who blew by me on the way to work one morning when I was at 30mph on cruise control. I told him I redid the exhaust so I can do the same to him......

WRX owner friend also liked it, he has a 3 inch exhaust which, of course, sounds way better but he did like our little tricked out hogzawst......

NA Impreza owner also liked it......I told him he can not apply this system to his car as, if I remember right, those cars don't have the muffler flange(s) like the leggys......

06 LGT owner colleague at work liked it as well but said he would not do it to his car......I told him I was just showing it to him, that I didn't expect him to do it......

Wifey hates it, ours sons like it. I like it because I can more clearly hear the auto tranny shift......I noticed and was surprised when the car downshifted whilst going over a bridge on cruise control set at ~40-50 mph......I hadn't really noticed that before because the car was quieter......

Edited by BENCOB

I think.... after 4 years, I may try this insanity. I do not want an exhaust, nor do I need one, but I think I'm ready for a bit more sound. Neighbors be damned.

Thank you Hoggers. I have the $500.00 endorsement cheque ready to deposit as soon as my Nigerian treasure discovery wire transfer comes through.

Glad your ready to try it! It's not that bad for the neighborhood. Trust me, I live in a very quiet, no thru traffic area, and no body seemed to care in a year...

Also, no big deal on the $500. I have have US$62,500 pending from a surprise UNITED NATIONS® citizen gift. And to think, I only had to send them $275 for processing it. I already told work to F off, I'm going to Mexico for a year with the money!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I still cant get over the fact that people think creating an exhaust leak is a- cool b- a good idea or c- is a "mod"

Usually I see people unbolting their exhausts and driving around right after they spray paint their interiors with krylon.....

well, I think there's a difference with an exhaust leak that sound good and an exhaust leak that sound bad.

I don't think this mod is cool on a civic (I would never do this on a civic !), but it's sound good on our cars.

I still cant get over the fact that people think creating an exhaust leak is a- cool b- a good idea or c- is a "mod"

Usually I see people unbolting their exhausts and driving around right after they spray paint their interiors with krylon.....

Unless I am mistaken the exhaust gasses have to "leak" out somewhere or the engine will not run. - Some choose to use an expensive less restrictive muffler, and some choose to have some of the exhaust gases exit before reaching the stock muffler thus creating less restriction. And finally there are some who just leave everything the way it is and let the exhaust "leak" out the stock tailpipe. - each to his or her own, but ya gotta think outside the box sometimes.

Unless I am mistaken the exhaust gasses have to "leak" out somewhere or the engine will not run. - Some choose to use an expensive less restrictive muffler, and some choose to have some of the exhaust gases exit before reaching the stock muffler thus creating less restriction. And finally there are some who just leave everything the way it is and let the exhaust "leak" out the stock tailpipe. - each to his or her own, but ya gotta think outside the box sometimes.

:lol:

This thread is full of absolute win. Keep it coming guys! edit- someone try this with the downpipe/turbo junction...make a hogzawst DP....

Edited by KurtP

:lol:

This thread is full of absolute win. Keep it coming guys! edit- someone try this with the downpipe/turbo junction...make a hogzawst DP....

Sadly, someone has. Video on youtube somewhere... :spin:

"This is an adventure."