• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, don't panic!

Either:

1. Buy and jack and cut the nut off once you have the proper angle $20.

2. Buy a nut splittler, this will basically "crack" the nut in half, and you can pull the bolt out. $20.

Either way, you win. Every man needs a jack. Every man also needs a nut splitter. In my case though, I'm married.

Seriously, don't cut into your pipes. I think it would be a bad idea...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

then you are a better man than i fishbone. lol i have half of it off but the nut is stripped.

nut splitter here i come! did you use a dremel? i have the reinfored cutting disks. is there a better disk?

Edited by instantfury
holy ADD

Not a dremel. My situation was a bit different though. I was able to open up the bolt about an inch before it completely seized and I rounded it. So what I did was I spaced out the muffler from the Y pipe as much as I could, stuck the cutting disk in there and turned it on. 10 secunds and the bolt was cut in half

Thanks hogmeat! Sounds awesome! more quiet than I thought! Finally finished it today...tried PB blaster and electric impact gun nothing worked, too rusted... So i brought it to a shop today and got it done for $20. They had to torch all the bolts and nuts. Two nuts were stuck so they had to cut those off.

BTW, did anyone extend the stock muffler tips? Is there a write-up for it? I hate how the tips are so tucked in. I'm either going to extend the tips or get new bigger oval tips so it fits the gap better.

I'd always been a fan of AMG exhaust tips fitment

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2066/ag07e63leftrear.jpg

Got my first random compliment tonight.. I stepped on it until about 5k rpm in first to maneuver around and through a yellow light in thick traffic and then let just coast down. Some random guy in a Cavalier goes HEY! HEY! Hey man, nice car. :D the power of hog-zawst!

There will be more to follow! I remember I just coasted down to a stop at some stoplight, and I must have made some crappy ZX2 Ford Focus jealous. Started racing it's crappy litttle hamster wheel, and then followed me. Wanted a race. I promptly embarassed them. LOL.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

There will be more to follow! I remember I just coasted down to a stop at some stoplight, and I must have made some crappy ZX2 Ford Focus jealous. Started racing it's crappy litttle hamster wheel, and then followed me. Wanted a race. I promptly embarassed them. LOL.

ROFL little hamster wheels hahaha

someone should write SOA. Maybe they'll give me a old test mule Legacy. That'd be sweet. I could spread the word!

If SOA finds out about the Hogzaust mod :hide: they will probably use it as an excuse to deny warranty coverage for blown turbos.:spin:

My hogzhaust will be coming off sometime soon. It is becoming less and less wife-approved as time goes by. I am also not enjoying the black color that the underbody is starting to take on. Having only one cat left in the stock exhaust, you ca bet my tips started getting darker and darker. I guess it's time to invest in a pair of real aftermarket mufflers, if not for sound then for performance. The stockers just plain scare me when I consider the fact that they are not a straight-pipe, but compartmentalized instead.

A little soot won't hurt anything. I don't know why you have alot. I'd check your tune. I ran Stage 2 for a long time, with NO CATS, and little to no soot.

It's because of the donkey piss that they call gas around here.