LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so i went through a couple pages, but couldnt find the info i wanted!

What post is the one that has all the info on how to do the setup? And some pics to go with it? I want to know on how to do the whole thing, with some pics!!

I want to do this!! Cheap yet very nice mod!

Thanks

JP

Did the mod yesterday...Two washers, original bolts on the 05. Gaskets were a mess but the bolts looked pretty good. So far the sound is very nice..Not too sure if Im gonna go down to one washer..Might be a bit too loud with two.

So, we're talking about removing the 2 bolts (each) where the mufflers meet the Y pipe ?

Or the 2 bolts behind the last Cat ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

two bolts each where the mufflers meet the Y. Someone did the other one upstream, and it didn't sound good.

As for the one above on 1 vs 2....2 will quiet down. Why? Cause you'll get used to it!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Did this this morning.

A little WD40 or PB Blaster, I used my big a** impact gun, 14mm socket and 14mm box end wrench. I did run the bolts out a bit and then spray them again and run them in/out.

Sounds nice. I used two fat washers for spacing. Put anti-seize compound on the nuts and bolts when I put it back together.

Should have done this 75 pages ago :)

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just did it this morning...one negative thing I noticed-as I am sure others have-cannot keep my foot off the gas! I have already lost .3 on the MPG. Sounds great for me. I do have the Cobb catted DP too. Great modd-and mine was free!

I just got back from the Rallye Baie des Chaleurs. I got 3 or 4 dude who asked me "What is you exaust ? sound good" so I told them "4 washer each side"... they were like :confused:. So I explained that I've only putted two washed on each bolt to create a leak, that mod is called "Hog Zawst" and they told me "well, I'm pretty amazed, sound very good ! :eek:"

Finally was able to use a nice breaker bar and some serious elbow grease to get those bolts loose. Anyways 1 washer 1 side sounds wonderful. Nice rumble at low throttle and idle, minimal noise at WOT, or hwy cruising. What is the general census...Do most people do both sides or just the one?

Karl