LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taking a look around I think you do have the ELH, so no rumble for you. Worst case you create the leak and don't like the sound.

Don't bother with an intake, save your money or get a drop in dry filter.

Yea ur right, but I actually do have a rumble for some reason. Pretty nice and got even better with hogzaust. 4 washers is great to me. Love how when I'm in park I can hear it have a low and very deep rumble, soon as I shift into any of other gears it transitions in sound almost like a manual. Neutral makes it an even deeper tone. Pulling up to a stop sign or red light in drive makes the car insanely quiet, even quieter than it was without hogzaust and littler sounds like it's off from inside the cab until I touch the gas and it roars

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4 washers (2 in each bottom side) exhaust on a turbo = done!

ran that for years on a UEL 2.5i, 09LGT and now 08 LGT no issues.

Yes a CBE is great but man to get the right tone for those of us that are tone snobs is tough. Only 1 exhaust did the trick (BOSAL 1.5 SPT) I sold that with the 09 LGT sadly.

I just threw on a cpl thrush turbo mufflers from autozone. I stepped the stock 1.5" pipes up to 2" and got a cpl cheap stainless tips off ebay. Sounds nice. Not loud but at least now can hear it running!!

Looks nice.

I know it's the wrong place to post this mod but hey.. I just don't know about creating an exhaust leak just for a lil unsafe sound.

What's so unsafe...if you smell exhaust in the car...open the windows !

In the few years I had this set up, I never noticed any smell in the car.

The only thing I didn't like about it was, under full boost you could hear the air blowing out the gap, not the sound of a nice exhaust. That's when I had muffler deletes made. Fixed that issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
Ummm... well besides sound and exhaust smell there is this very poisonous gas that is emitted called CARBON MONOXIDE. Ever heard of it? Don't need my family dieing from it on a road trip, ya know?

I mean, it's only a foot closer to the cabin. It's not like the mufflers get rid of the CO anyways.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone done this mod and had the resonator removed as well? I have the 3" down pipe with an adapter going to my stock exhaust. Been pretty set on removing the resonator, and now wondering how it would sound with the resonator being out and doing the hogzaust mod?!

Has anyone done this mod and had the resonator removed as well? I have the 3" down pipe with an adapter going to my stock exhaust. Been pretty set on removing the resonator, and now wondering how it would sound with the resonator being out and doing the hogzaust mod?!

The job, and about the only job, that the mid-pipe resonator does... is remove drone. Without it there will be increased "noise," but it's the ugly kind... merely the pipe's resonances adding to, and adulterating IMO, the motor's sounds. The drone from the lack of a midpipe is why I grew to dislike the SPT exhaust on my '11 WRX... it got to be unbearable on interstate drives.

With your down pipe (and I'm assuming tune) it is your stock mufflers that's both restricting power as well as the sound you're looking for. An axelback will solve everything, giving more power and a far better sound.

My wagon currently has the stock mid pipe to Magnaflow knock-off mufflers, 2.5" inlets. The car is a little louder then stock but has great throttle response.

It has DynaMax tips slant cut ends, double wall. Bought them years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here