LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

i believe so. looks like i don't need to throw my MD's away. :)

If you're planning on buying your car in Japan, anyway. ;)

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:iam:

Lol. You'll never see the minidisk head unit outside of Japan.

Question I want answerd: they still got the 'tarded integrated climate/headunit BS with this update when it hits the states?

I agree, Ipods are more sensible. Md by the missed opportunities of Sony...again, had a great idea. Should have made it big in the computer world. Who needs a useless floppy anyway. 350mb optical recording in the same space. They could count me in. Plus it fits in a pocket where cds' won't. Now lets see how Sony/Pioneer do blue ray. Could use the 50gig plus storage for back up and other projects. We'll see.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Awesome!!!! Paddle shifters, chrome dash trim, SI-Drive, illuminate cupholders sound great. Improve the audio and add a few more hp to the engine and that'll seal the deal for a trade up to another Legacy.

you guys and the wagons is just stupid, coming from a guy that lives on "Subaru Coast" IE the front line of Subaru's, they won't ditch the legacy wagon, they just won't.

That being said, I'm going to have to plop a deposit down on an '08 as soon as the dealer will allow, my god it's beautiful!

Lets hope the paddle shifters are DSG...

Paddle shifters in my gf's IS300... not all that great IMO.

That's an Audi technology, so don't expoect anything nearly as good in the Legacy.

Also, is the Legacy going to have a 6-speed auto?

I'll be happy if they improve are able to improve the dreaded delay when manually shifting in the automatic - the delay in my '05 takes way too long - I've bounced off the limited because of the 600-700 rpm delay.

That's an Audi technology, so don't expoect anything nearly as good in the Legacy.

DSG is not in fact an Audi/VW group technology. It is licensed from Borg Warner, a company based in the USA. The technology is called Dualtronic and is being licensed to other car manufacturers as well.

http://www.automotive-business-review.com/article_news.asp?guid=E900487A-4FE5-4AC4-BAF2-21D1A509F3DC

Therefore, Subaru could in fact develop their own version of "DSG" provided they licensed the technology.

Edumunds has the pics from the front of this thread but I don't think this one made it in yet...

Outback grille looks good...and I agree w/the FX comments which is good if you ask me

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee91727/cmd.233/enclosure..ee91728

Hey, give me a 280+ HP, 6MT, sport suspension Outback that is a little lower than the std Outback yet better clearance than the LegGT, without the body clad and I will be trading my 05 LegGT in for an Outback in MY08.

Subaru can offer the std Crok Dundee Outback and a sport Outback so they can drop the Legacy wagons. Money they save buy eliminating the Leg Wagon line should help them afford to offer a Dynamite OB sport wagon and a beefed up Crok Dunde wagon. Instead of offering lots of bland, give the market some spice, some interest, some niche identity and advantage.

Hey, give me a 280+ HP, 6MT, sport suspension Outback that is a little lower than the std Outback yet better clearance than the LegGT, without the body clad and I will be trading my 05 LegGT in for an Outback in MY08.

Subaru can offer the std Crok Dundee Outback and a sport Outback so they can drop the Legacy wagons. Money they save buy eliminating the Leg Wagon line should help them afford to offer a Dynamite OB sport wagon and a beefed up Crok Dunde wagon. Instead of offering lots of bland, give the market some spice, some interest, some niche identity and advantage.

Yup, that will happen :icon_roll.

SuperhawkLgt, unfortunately, you are probably right.

The future of Subaru wagons is most likely bland on bland and grandpas LL Bean machine. I may be nearing "grandpa", but I am not ready for LL Bean OB.

Just shoot me now.

I don't know, I think wagons have a chance. Hell, I came from a Mustang GT to a wagon, I could not deny the functionality but still wanted performance (I also did not want a camry:lol: )

Look at the Dodge Magnum, they seem to be selling pretty well. I see Audi wagons all the time, with an occasional S4.

Maybe eventually people will realize they do not need SUVs as they NEVER go offroad or do anything else that they were originally designed for. Maybe wagons will be mainstream oneday??

Archived