LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

Was anything changed except the gauges, the stereo, and the added SI-Drive control knob? Maybe the new knobs on the stereo feel great, but they certainly look cheap compared to the 05/06s (as does the SI-Drive knob).

they cheeped out on the door handles. it's no longer the rubbery finish. no cat in the uppipe, there's an air pump that helps cold starts. i've heard that the turbo is slightly different but :iam:. different wheels on the 07 gt.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this one is not so clear...

Navi - pretty obvious,

ETC is the Electronic Toll Collection for the payment of tolls in the express ways in Japan. Unlike Oz and France where you have a small standalone box that registers your car etc, the Japanese have a system where you need to have extra wiring and the payment card in a reader in the car.:iam:

Whaddya wanna bet that THAT feature (telescoping steering) IS NOT going to be on the 07 cars in the US... I'd love it to be, though.

Darn. I am not thinking that the new refresh is all that desireable. I guess I am going to have to count the aux-in and fold-down seats as blessings, and write off the telescoping steering.

Too bad, but definitely not a deal breaker. It will be a nice suprise if it does appear this year in the US.

Now just to find out the new 07 colors.

Almost all the changes shown in this thread will not be on the 2007 USDM models. These pictures are showing the 07 JDM model which will be the 08 here.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Almost all the changes shown in this thread will not be on the 2007 USDM models. These pictures are showing the 07 JDM model which will be the 08 here.

Yes, I realize that.

The thing is... if the wheels are being brought over for 07, perhaps the telescoping steering as well.

But I doubt it... mostly just wishful thinking, because I don't want to wait for an 08, and am not that impressed (nor dismayed...) with the refresh.

So, I think the 07 will be my choice, and was just wishfully thinking out-loud that the telescoping steering would make an early appearance.

I may have a set of 07 GT wheels for sale (if they look like that) promptly after purchase, as that is one of the things I am LESS than impressed with. The 05-06 GT wheels were better, even if too narrow. Aftermarket may be the way to go from very early on. (sparco DS1, or Rota Torque or something...)

07 GT it will be for me, unless the 07 Spec B comes with a lower MSRP, and a few more colors, or I can get a SCHMOKIN' deal on a spoilerless 06 Spec B to offset somehow adding the 07 Aux-in stereo, and deal without or retrofit folding rear seats...

uh..you gotta spill more info than that if you are going to make a statement like that! :lol:

I got lucky on a plant tour, trust me if SIA had their way I wouldn't have been within 10 feet fo the car. Its hard to explain but everything feels better, more solid, more mechanical, more expensive, more luxo. The spec.b alcantera/leather seats were very well done and it looks much more cohesive in real life. The SI drive knob was probably the cheapest part of the new interior but just barely. Just wait a month or two and go check em out at your local dealer (<--shameless plug) :icon_bigg

Ok, say Subaru throws us a bone and brings back the MT LegGT wagon in 07. Unless it is a 6MT, the car is doomed to sell less than the 05 because it will be bought by "enthusiast (some say idiot) fringe buyers" that know the MY08 is the big refresh with any chance for more power and ++++ benefits so they will be holding off purchase until 08. If the MY07 wagon was offered with a 6MT , it might still show good sales because it is a "6" and many would buy being worried it could be last chance for a MT wagon.

Suby guys that stick their neck out to get the MT wagon back in for 07 get their necks chopped for bad sales and the 08 wagons for NorAm are AT only. I am an optimistic kind of person, but I can see it comming.

If they do give us a MY08 MT LegGT wagon, I hope the bolt pattern/offset does not change so I can forward my 18" Prodrive wheels from my 05 LegGT wagon. Regardless, MY08 is the year I will be buying again and if they do offer a hot LegGT/6MT wagon, I will become a repeat Subaru customer.

People normally get their LGTs at below invoice. I think that if you use that program, you can only get it at invoice.

Why ya gotta be rippin on the noob? ;) even though you're right :lol::lol::lol:

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Why ya gotta be rippin on the noob? ;) even though you're right :lol::lol::lol:

just reponding to iwannasportssedan who apparently can't get it for below MSRP. Plus i would guess that most dealers at the beginning won't offer the 07 specB below invoice.

I see the resmblance, but i dont think anybody is going to mistake an 08 legacy for an impala, where an 05 camry.. all the time..(for my 05)
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

from nastycock:

more interior shots

http://i4.tinypic.com/10797x4.jpg

hmm

http://i4.tinypic.com/10799q9.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/1079abl.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/1079b3p.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/1079ct5.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/1079g0l.jpg

a ring underneath silver part is supposed to illuminate big cupholders

This Space For Rent

Archived