LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

Captainmorgans pictures show just how good a job Subaru did at creating a pure sport interior. My seats are 18 months old with 26k miles on them and are like new.

Check out the interior for the Porsche Cayman and see how similar the front of the LegGT interior is to the Cayman. Very simple, very driver oriented, no junk. Yes Porsche has used higher cost materials and offers every option you could want, but the layout and simplicity is so similar, so purpose oriented.

Just makes you more angry that SOA has not backed this car with a real promo plan.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heightsgtltd, Your comment is nicely put and right on perspective. :redface:

I have not read a single post about how much LegGT/AT owners love the AT. I did not realize I was trashing something that people really enjoyed. I have only read posts about why people chose the AT because of their stop & go commute or some other reason. I should have been more aware.

BTW, I am ready to get over MT, and would buy an AT when Subaru delivers something that provides true sport shifts. Formula1 got over it, nuff said.

Again, sorry for being egocentric about MTs.

Seriously? I think it's hideous.

I like the blacked out look rather than the hyper silver thats on there now. Maybe because mine is rubbing off or something. I've always liked the look of the JDM STi interiors, especially the STi Forester.

Would love these seats, but doubt that they'd work correctly.

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1475

No worries. FYI, there are a bunch of heavilly modded 5eats on here. It's not that I wouldnt enjoy the MT, in fact I might even like it better, who knows? However I am satisfied with my auto as are other guys on here.

While I am good with the 5eat, I totally agree that a real sport shift ala DSG would be better. When I test drove an A3 with DSG it was pretty amazing.

IN a way, it would make sense for Subaru to do this as it could appease some of the MT drivers who are unhappy about the lack of that option.

Our 5EAT is quite nice compared to some of the competition out there (Acura comes to mind). When you're getting on it the 5EAT is a very competent DIY-er... OK, it shifts like crap when you're puttin around town but who really uses sport shift in town? Anyhoo, si-drive makes a world of difference on the 07's.

<--- reformed MT fanboy :icon_mrgr

Actually a bunch of us who have 5eats and like them do care, so enough with the tired "if it ain't manual, it aint worth driving." :rolleyes:

I sympathize that the manual wagons arent currently offered, but get over yourself.

I dunno, if its not manual its pretty boring. I mean you just sit there.....and drive and possibly have to engage in conversation if there is another person in the car. Perhaps the wife? "Honey, lets go pick out window treatments today."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vs.

"Lets go pick out window treatments today."

" sorry baby, I cant hear you over my loud engine reving and clutching."

Yep, for me, if the car doesn't have a MT, then I don't even shop it. No compromises; it's just not worth driving. I will buy a fwd camry with a manual transmission before any car with an automatic, even a porsche. It just is not fun driving an auto, and until I can't buy a MT, I will only buy MT's. There is just no challenge or thought involved in driving an auto - just a brainless push the pedal and go. bleeach.

there's always the used market, and maybe I'll be holding onto my GT wagon for a lot longer than I originally thought, due to lack of options.

You know they might just sell a couple of friggen wagons if they would ADVERTISE THEM.

Or, you know, actually have one or two on a dealer lot. The problem isn't just lack of advertising, but lack of stock. And this very much goes back to the 05s. I tried to get a test drive with a manual LGT wagon to compare the ride with the OBXT 5MT. There's over half a dozen subaru dealers in Portland, and not one had a LGT 5MT for two months. SOA claims they can't make options on order, but they hardly make models for stock. And then, what a surprise, they could hardly sell any MT wagons (that they hardly made). What nonsense.

I want a LGT so badly. SOA just keeps pushing me harder and harder away.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

What Duketrout said. :)

Tantal, Not even a Porsche Cayman with steering wheel control of triptronic AT, as close to F1, as mortals get?

I understand that is not logical. Letting out the clutch while upshifting out of a corner is like setting and holding edges skiing very fast aiming for a bump to get air. Not logical and hard to expleain. :icon_bigg

We are not SOA haters, we are jilted lovers of a great special car.

Any guess as to what that lower right steering wheel button does?

The S# button? Thats the SI-Drive S-Sport button, but on the wheel so you dont have to reach for it.

As for a price increase, if the parts just "change" it doesnt mean there will be an increase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have recently driven the updated outback 3,0R. The presence of paddles is more or less pleasant, nevertheless it´s no sequantial gearbox in terms of response time and overall feeling etc. and the new blipping mechanism works, but not always perfectly. As for the interior it is a moderate step forward as are the new graphics of the sat-nav unlike the new gauges, at least to my liking.

Archived