LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it me or does the new outback look like the infiniti fx?

[attach]18589[/attach]

[attach]18588[/attach]

[attach]18587[/attach]

[attach]18586[/attach]

First thing that Outback grille made me think of was:

http://www.autobytel.com/images/carpics/testdrv/pacifica/500/04-pacifica-cover.jpg

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

is it me or does the new outback look like the infiniti fx?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18587&d=1147977643

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/t/f/5/carstrailer.jpg

Looks like the pissed off cousin of one of the movie characters

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm soooo glad they uglified the outside as well as the inside- saves me the hassle of wanting to trade in for a new one!

I'm soooo glad they uglified the outside as well as the inside- saves me the hassle of wanting to trade in for a new one!

the outback has always been the ugly sister of the legacy :icon_tong

This Space For Rent

SuperhawkLgt, thanks for the pictures, I love it.

I have an 05, Silver LegGT/Ltd/MT wagon and love it. I am a converted BMW3 wagon owner and love my LegGT more every day, but the miles are creeping up and I will be looking for my next car 18 months from now.

Yes I see the BMW5 "Bungle" influence, but in a good way. I think the Leg Falcon Eye was a great headlamp design and is better in the 08 bumper. There is a fine line between great design and fugly. I think the 08 Leg pic looks great and the BMW5 is beyond fugly. One mans view of style granted.

Bigger issue for me is that it does not look like Subaru cares to continue with a "Performance" minded, MT, LegGT wagon. I would definitely stay with Subaru if they delivered a 6MT wagon with SpecB suspension and a HP bump, but the sales numbers just make that look likely.

Sure is a pretty face, but may be an empty suit. Pop in an after market grill and like it better than BMW or Audi.

That is a plus, isn't it? :icon_bigg

I actually like a few of the exterior changes (the new grilles and bumpers look pretty nice) but I hate what's been done to the interior (but then they're just taking the uglification started with the 07 Spec B to the next step I guess).

phoenix96

That is a plus, isn't it? :icon_bigg

I actually like a few of the exterior changes (the new grilles and bumpers look pretty nice) but I hate what's been done to the interior (but then they're just taking the uglification started with the 07 Spec B to the next step I guess).

The 07 Spec.B is stunning in person. Much better feel and fit/finish than any subie before it, at least in the one I got to climb through at the plant.

The 07 Spec.B is stunning in person. Much better feel and fit/finish than any subie before it, at least in the one I got to climb through at the plant.

:confused:

Was anything changed except the gauges, the stereo, and the added SI-Drive control knob? Maybe the new knobs on the stereo feel great, but they certainly look cheap compared to the 05/06s (as does the SI-Drive knob).

phoenix96

:confused:

Was anything changed except the gauges, the stereo, and the added SI-Drive control knob? Maybe the new knobs on the stereo feel great, but they certainly look cheap compared to the 05/06s (as does the SI-Drive knob).

+1

May 24th is soooooo far away!!

Telescoping steering? At last? And it only took 9 years of begging!

phoenix96

Whaddya wanna bet that THAT feature (telescoping steering) IS NOT going to be on the 07 cars in the US... I'd love it to be, though.

Darn. I am not thinking that the new refresh is all that desireable. I guess I am going to have to count the aux-in and fold-down seats as blessings, and write off the telescoping steering.

Too bad, but definitely not a deal breaker. It will be a nice suprise if it does appear this year in the US.

Now just to find out the new 07 colors.

Archived