LegacyGT.com

New 08 Legacy Pics!!

gibjer

It looks like the Legacy is getting the taller Outback-height grille.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what in the world makes these '08 models? obviously its a production version bound for some dealership, right? wouldn't that make it an '07 model Legacy?

The pictures are from Japan. Japan generally gets Subaru models a year early. I think people are assuming that these pictures show the JDM MY2007 cars, which would make them MY2008 cars in the US. Especially since we've already seen pictures of the MY2007 Legacy (Spec B) here.

phoenix96

got it! you're right, I remember that the "new Legacy" was the JDM MY2004 while we had to wait for the '05 Legacy GT. Even so, there only a slim chance that the '08 USDM LGT will look this hot. Japan always gets the hotter body styling that rarely, if ever makes it over here. What a bummer!

Wow...there is a lot to like in those pics!! Let's hope we get some of those parts stateside. Only real gripe is the off center emblem in the grill. I really like the new grill, a lot, except for that. Put it right smack at the "point" in the V, and it will look bad ass!!!

Wow...there is a lot to like in those pics!! Let's hope we get some of those parts stateside. Only real gripe is the off center emblem in the grill. I really like the new grill, a lot, except for that. Put it right smack at the "point" in the V, and it will look bad ass!!!

http://andrewmilham.smugmug.com/photos/69353677-L.jpg

phoenix96

got it! you're right, I remember that the "new Legacy" was the JDM MY2004 while we had to wait for the '05 Legacy GT. Even so, there only a slim chance that the '08 USDM LGT will look this hot. Japan always gets the hotter body styling that rarely, if ever makes it over here. What a bummer!
You know what...

Even though in an earlier post, I said a similar thing....

What about the current Impreza? Didn't they bring the refresh out the same time?

Or maybe the current Imprezas are same whether Japan or US because the Impreza aren't built here...?

-ben

Those look exactly like the Imprezza headlights, and wheels.. from the front bumper down that looks better. Looks like there going to take the Imprezza parts, put them onto the Legacy, then whooosh here comes the new Imprezza!! I cant wait for the redesigned STI's..

Headlights: Look Like Saab 9-2x. with the upswept signal... not sure I like it more than the 05 black headlights.

They also had some sketches of the rear of the sedan, which may get shorter tail lights. Sketches from Nasioc Thread posted below...

Like the new wagon tails. Nice improvement. Chrome detail is interesting.

Spec B front end (black car in wrap) has the taller grille opening in common with the Outback (USDM Spec B doesn't JDM Spec B already does.) It does look nicer than current. Slightly bigger foglights also. New Spec B air-dam area looks alot like a freshened S204 front air dam. nice.

Wheels: NO GO. Too chunky. they look like they belong on a Camry or Accord. They look kinda dull. At least the current 5-spoke wheels have a bit of motion and open area to them, even if they are a bit on the narrow side, and have been reported to break on a couple of cars...

If those wheels become the new GT wheels on the 07 GT, even if the rest of the changes don't.... That is going to be immediate grounds for new wheels, or make a slightly stronger case for a Spec B. I would not keep those wheels for more than snow tires, if even that.

The USDM legacy will probably get an even more bland-ified version for 08, since we already know that the 07 is not changed, from the Spec B's press intro.

I am not too particularly swayed. An 07 with existing bodywork won't be too bad a'tall for me, with the fold down rear seat in the sedan, and the aux input... And If I want racier bodywork... Importing the K2 Reiz kit for the 04-06 JDM models will be an albeit expensive option that IMHO is a bit better than the JDM OE refresh...

From user "flyinpig" on NASIOC: (I believe he also is the source for the photos already posted here)

http://tinypic.com/xqeykp

http://tinypic.com/xqey6f

http://tinypic.com/xqexrc

BTW... I am not sure if the wheels on those are the "new" Spec B wheels, but I like them better than the chunkier ones in the photo.

With the Accuracy of the front ends, and wagon tailllights, I tend to agree with the take on NASIOC, that these are likely leaked photos, run through some randomizing filters to avoid legal trouble, and are probably fairly high confidence.

Archived