LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think i might bend and weld my own set up before either one comes to market

By all means go ahead if you can't wait, but I'm going to guess that you will end up spending more money than the finished MR setup if you get it made in full 304 stainless and it is also fully mandrel bent. If you are willing to compromise by going with aluminized mild steel piping and crush bending, then you might be able to save a couple bucks, but you will also lose flow/power/performance.

I've seen the MR catback on Paul's ride, and it sounded nice (I can't wait to see the staggered, dual-tipped M5-style mufflers)...I've never waited for parts due to the availability of parts for my previous vehicle (WRX), but $1000 or so for catback is just freakin INSANE!!!...and I've been watching this.....very patiently :D, and I know it's gonna be worth it. Basically the MR's catback is gonna be a dual-muffler set-up for the price of a single-muffler set-up price! Build it Paul and we will want it :D
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Make it a turbo-back and we will give you even more money!

Test fitted the MR downpipe today. V.1 is patterned after the stock downpipe/midpipe combo, with a shorty downpipe paired with a catless midpipe. As of right now, it looks like they will be doing a divorced setup similar to the Perrin downpipe. There will likely be two versions. One will be full 3" with a flat flange and another version will taper to 2.5" with a stock type donut gasket. So long story short, MR will have a full turboback available soon.

As for the catback, V.2 will be here on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I'll be there right after it comes in to to recheck fitment and take pictures.

Now you know, we expect pictures by the end of next week.:) I am really excited about this one. I agree with above statement, $1000+ for a cat back is insane, even full stainless.

Test fitted the MR downpipe today. V.1 is patterned after the stock downpipe/midpipe combo, with a shorty downpipe paired with a catless midpipe. As of right now, it looks like they will be doing a divorced setup similar to the Perrin downpipe. There will likely be two versions. One will be full 3" with a flat flange and another version will taper to 2.5" with a stock type donut gasket. So long story short, MR will have a full turboback available soon.

As for the catback, V.2 will be here on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I'll be there right after it comes in to to recheck fitment and take pictures.

does that mean a catless TBE? If so, I'll spend money elsewhere. Some of us don't care to run catless for the minimal gains vs. environmental/emissions testing issues.

does that mean a catless TBE? If so, I'll spend money elsewhere. Some of us don't care to run catless for the minimal gains vs. environmental/emissions testing issues.

I don't know about others, but I've had huge gains from a catless TBE (Invidia catless dp and Espelir catback), but it was mainly due to the dp, the catback is had minimal gains....the emissions is another story :icon_tong

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Note to self to check thread tomorrow or Thursday for updated pics...:icon_bigg

Archived