LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final pricing has yet to be set, but you guys will be the first to know. I'll set up a GB when they become available. BTW, for any retailers looking to carry this or any other Megan Racing LGT products I am the exclusive master distributor. PM me for more information.

BTW, regarding the tips, I'm starting to come around to the 2.5" school of thought. I have some 2.5" stainless tubing in the garage and I took a couple lengths of it and placed it over the exisiting tips. It did look really nice. Megan Racing will be getting a call tommorrow morning ;)

BTW, regarding the tips, I'm starting to come around to the 2.5" school of thought. I have some 2.5" stainless tubing in the garage and I took a couple lengths of it and placed it over the exisiting tips. It did look really nice. Megan Racing will be getting a call tommorrow morning ;)

As long as it fits up nice and tight in the bumper cutouts, I think it'd look sweet, whether 2.5 or 2.25...

Great to see that Megan's doing something about those of us who love the quad tip look...

i'm in the 2.5" crowd.

going to 2.5" would only increase the width to the outside of the tips by .5" if the center to center distance were kept the same (inner tip walls would be close but they would be the same distance if you cut the center to center distance down .5" like was said). seems like it would still tuck nicely... hope it can be done. let us know if we should all somehow contact megan to illustrate the demand.

i say tips should be at least about 3" and option choice of angled cut tips

Definate no way to 3". That's been done by Stromung and IMO it doesn't look right at all. It is also much to wide to it in the cutouts, forcing the mufflers and tips to sit lower. I personally favor straight tips, but if enough people want an angle tip, you'd better speak now or forever hold your peace! :lol:

Looking good! :)

Questions:

(1) Sound - How's the volume when compared to some standards, such as

-stock

-Borla

-SPT

(2) Material - Stainless is what I've seen mentioned, correct? What grade?

(3) Appx. weight of final unit (complete)?

Thanks for being the mule! ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Nice to finally see some more info on this system. Props to Boostjunie for gettign this going! It definately needs bigger tips obviously, I agree with 2.5 straight cut being ideal if they can still be tucked up decently. Also would like some more info on exact tubing sizes and materials. Tough to tell from the sound clips but to me it sounds a little more refined than the Stromung with a nice rumble to it. Since you have the same catless setup as me, how is the drone on the highway or around town? Does it resonate badly at any RPM? If they fix up the tips and teh pricing comes in good sign me up for a group buy!

Definate no way to 3". That's been done by Stromung and IMO it doesn't look right at all. It is also much to wide to it in the cutouts, forcing the mufflers and tips to sit lower. I personally favor straight tips, but if enough people want an angle tip, you'd better speak now or forever hold your peace! :lol:

Easy with the stromung bashing. :icon_tong

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/SteveISU/Stromung2.jpg

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I would be all over the stromung if the tips were 2.75 and it tucked up there. I love love that system

i think its impossible to fit 2.75 tips in the cutout. i measured the cutout and it actually tapers as it goes back (toward the center of the car)...at least it does on the wagon. melted bumper ftl.

Archived