LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Megan going to send you a final production version of the exhaust so that all of us can see before we pull the trigger?

Now the wait begins...

Yes. The fatory was informed of all the changes that need to me made and will be sending a revised version soon... hopefully it will be here in a couple weeks. That will go on my car to make sure that all the minor fitment issues have been resolved.

Regarding the sound. It sounds badass. Maybe a little too badass for my taste right now. Part of it is that I'm running completely catless, so my car will be as loud as is possible for this exhaust. Still, I'd prefer it quieter and the guys at MR agree with me. There is no real drone or resonance except under decelleration around 3K rpm. MR is looking at a slightly longer resonator and perhaps a mild revision of the muffler internals to get the right tone and volume level.

Regarding the sound. It sounds badass. Maybe a little too badass for my taste right now. Part of it is that I'm running completely catless, so my car will be as loud as is possible for this exhaust. Still, I'd prefer it quieter and the guys at MR agree with me. There is no real drone or resonance except under decelleration around 3K rpm. MR is looking at a slightly longer resonator and perhaps a mild revision of the muffler internals to get the right tone and volume level.

Exactly what I was thinking as far as using a longer resonator :) Sounds good as is, but would be even better if it is just a bit quieter.

Exactly what I was thinking as far as using a longer resonator :) Sounds good as is, but would be even better if it is just a bit quieter.

My thoughts exactly. I'm catless as well and would like it a little more subdued. Sounds like it will be perfect. Dibs on #1.

Thin walled, slash cut and more staggered FTW, almost exactly like this. Will the mufflers be availably SEPARATELY? Rodan, if you make these tips and sell em, I'm in for a set.

that looks beautiful...

is that a Leggy?

Boostjunkie, thanks for goin w/ 2.5in tips...should be perfect...

For those inquiring about the availability of the muffler and midpipe/y-pipe separately, I doubt that it will be an option. First off, the flanges might be close to the OEM location, but the system was not designed with interchangability with stock in mind, so things would only line up right as a matter of coincidence. Secondly, the price that Megan Racing is targeting for the whole catback is signifigantly LESS than what AVO charges for just the midpipe, so you might as well have you cake and eat

it too!

What are the internals of the resonator?

if possible could you tell us the flow restriction from it?

I currently have the EVO2 which does not have a resonator. If it does not affect flow much & it decreases the sound by a large margin.......

I'm all for it:)

Any word yet if a few wagon specific units can be produced on the first run also?

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

For those inquiring about the availability of the muffler and midpipe/y-pipe separately, I doubt that it will be an option. First off, the flanges might be close to the OEM location, but the system was not designed with interchangability with stock in mind, so things would only line up right as a matter of coincidence.
In Taiwan now...:spin:

What are the internals of the resonator?

if possible could you tell us the flow restriction from it?

I currently have the EVO2 which does not have a resonator. If it does not affect flow much & it decreases the sound by a large margin.......

I'm all for it:)

Any word yet if a few wagon specific units can be produced on the first run also?

The resonator is basically a small straight-through muffler. It will not cause any kind of restriction, but does help break up resonances and quiets things down a bit. IMHO no real reason not to have one.

As for wagon fitment, SnoDork gave me a great idea that I'll relay to MR. He suggested that the tips be sleaved over the tailpipes so that the length of the tips could be adjusted and fixed with a setscrew. That will allow wagon owners to extend the tips outward to accomodate the deeper bumper. That way there one part can accomodate both fitments. I hav'e had a chance to talk to MR about this yet, so right now it's just an idea and I have no idea if it is feasible or if MR is going to go that route.

I don't think I saw this in the first six pages... Do you anticipate a full turbo-back cat'd option at some point in the future?

Turboback will be coming. I lent my stock downpipe/midpipe to MR a while ago to fab off of. It might be a couple of months till that product is available.

whos gona see the tips touch the muffler or not?

heck the factory tips dont touch the muffler and they are also bolted on

True, but when you lay out lots of cash for an exhaust why not get a good looking one. Do I polish the OEM one to make it look good, not really. But I will keep my TBE shiny like new!

Archived