LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give me a couple of days to see if it mellows a bit as it breaks in. Honestly, while the tone is awesome right now, it is a bit louder than I would want. If it doesn't mellow out some, I'm going to have MR go back to the last internal design, which was just right in the volume department and good sounding too.

BTW, watch for dyno results next week too! My good friends at Harman Motive have a time slot for me on Wednesday. Going to run the MR catback versus the stocker with no other changes to see what it does. I don't expect anything earth shattering, but the butt dyno says it makes more power up top at the very least, so we'll see what the real dyno has to say about that! :)

BTW, watch for dyno results next week too! My good friends at Harman Motive have a time slot for me on Wednesday. Going to run the MR catback versus the stocker with no other changes to see what it does. I don't expect anything earth shattering, but the butt dyno says it makes more power up top at the very least, so we'll see what the real dyno has to say about that! :)

Wow!

I have been perusing this website for months and have not seen anyone do a dyno test to back up their catbacks. I had assumed that the stock exhaust was not a restriction and that catbacks were only for show and noise.

It'll be interesting no matter what the results.

:munch:

The stock exhaust does present a restriction at higher power levels. I doubt that we will see any big gains on my car, since it's basically just a Stage 2 car. However, I am curious to see how the MR catback does perform. I might even take 2 sets of MR mufflers there. The last ones that were on my car, and the current ones to see if there are any substantive differences in power from the internal changes.

Give me a couple of days to see if it mellows a bit as it breaks in. Honestly, while the tone is awesome right now, it is a bit louder than I would want. If it doesn't mellow out some, I'm going to have MR go back to the last internal design, which was just right in the volume department and good sounding too.

+1. Mellow is good, nothing too obnoxious would be nice.

I've driven the car quite a bit over the last couple of days, and it really hasn't quieted down as much as I would like, so I've told Megan Racing to have the factory go back to the last internal design. So the sound clips that are out there already are what the car will sound like. The local guys who were at the last meet will attest to the fact that it sounds great in person.

On a side note, we finished fabbing the prototype downpipe today. It's going off to the factory next week and we'll have a production prototype in 2-3 weeks. The one we made today is way ugly looking, so no pics, but I'll post up some of the one from the factory when it comes back. Can you say full turboback for around $800?... :)

I've driven the car quite a bit over the last couple of days, and it really hasn't quieted down as much as I would like, so I've told Megan Racing to have the factory go back to the last internal design. So the sound clips that are out there already are what the car will sound like. The local guys who were at the last meet will attest to the fact that it sounds great in person.

On a side note, we finished fabbing the prototype downpipe today. It's going off to the factory next week and we'll have a production prototype in 2-3 weeks. The one we made today is way ugly looking, so no pics, but I'll post up some of the one from the factory when it comes back. Can you say full turboback for around $800?... :)

noooo...keep it how it us now!!

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

You had mentioned that the first prototype had been a bit loud. I was concerned when you said the 2nd was even louder. Glad to hear Megan will be going with the tamer version.

All this talk of a production-ready turbo-back system in 2-3 weeks is making me all goosey!!!

Archived