LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dig the single wall tip. No rolled edge please. This is perfect. Oh my.. I just hope it sounds nice, the look would flow perfectly with what Im going for with my car.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Also, noticing the effect of lifting the muffler, if you were to lift the muffler ~1", then the tips would need to be slightly longer to be able to stick out slightly or at least be flush.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Looks like you could go a whole inch higher, maybe a touch more...

Not really. Since the sides of the cutouts taper as you go upward, if the tips went up an inch they'd be way too close to the sides. Also, I don't want to take any chances with melting anyone's bumper :p. They'll be 1/2" higher on the production run. I honestly think it looks great now, but a little higher is fine too.

I dig the single wall tip. No rolled edge please. This is perfect. Oh my.. I just hope it sounds nice, the look would flow perfectly with what Im going for with my car.

Sounds great. A snarling boxer rumble. A little loud with the internal construction of the mufflers as they sit on my car, but we settled on a solution to quiet them down a touch on the production models.

single wall tip looks great, and the .5" lift in the production models should look nice too. a little bit of an angle cut on the tips might have been nice, but looks fine either way. and i'm loving the price. i think im almost ready to buy, just want to hear a sound clip of the production model, hopefully it isnt too loud.

Looks like just a straight flange with no donut at the end of the DP?

Pics of the DP

The DP on the car is a Perrin, ie: flat flange. The prototype MR DP didn't fit right, so I'm back to my old Perrin DP. No offense, but you seem to be obsessed with donut flanges. Virtually no 3" aftermarket DP or catbacks that I know of use donut gaskets. If can think of exactly one aftermarket DP that uses a flex joint. I do happen to think that a flex joint is a good idea, and it will be incorporated in the MR DP, but flat flanges are tried and true in Subaru applications.

Simply awesome, I think you guys nailed it, with a .5 in raise for the production model it will be perfect. Now all I need is an audio file of the production unit and a street price. Let me know when they start shipping!

The tips are classy, not ricey like allot of the Japanese brands. I bought the subie for class not for attention, this exhaust look fits that perfectly. Good Job.:icon_cool

what RSB are you running? Just want to know if the test fitting accomodates something like a Cusco or Cobb. Also - any plans for a wagon fitment? The length of those tips pictured mean it won't work on the wagon.

Nice, WAY better than the first prototype

What's this about strut braces?

Oh, the sticker that came with my coilovers sucks, it did not stick :( Might tell MR to get a new graphics person so all the people getting this exhaust can sport their MR aligance.

They do look like they are sitting on an angle in that last photo. Are they indeed level and it is an illusion?

These need to be parallel to the floor on both tips to look sweet. If they areslightly diagonal it won't look right.

But other then that a big improvement.

When is the initial batch slotted for distribution?

Joe

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

They do look like they are sitting on an angle in that last photo. Are they indeed level and it is an illusion?

These need to be parallel to the floor on both tips to look sweet. If they areslightly diagonal it won't look right.

But other then that a big improvement.

When is the initial batch slotted for distribution?

Joe

They are level and straight. It's just the angle of the picture.

I'll let you guys know when they are available and what distributor's cost will be.

Archived