June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, THE RZA said:

I’ll save you loads of time. 

as @thefultonhowsaid you could to 84 to 81.

You can also do 95 to 287 across the Tappan Zee, take 287 S in NJ, get on 78 W in Bridgewater, NJ and take that all the way to where 78 ends and merges in to 81 just outside of Harrisburg, then another hour half or so to Carlisle.

So 95S-287S-78W-81S

That drive sux! 84 to 81 is way nicer! 

• Haha 1

Finger Lakes sounds pretty cool to me, but since it's also closer than Carlisle, there is a bit of a bias there as well. Certainly some good roads, and great places to do some camping as well as eating...

Still game for anything, and mspranks offer is incredibly generous as well! The only thing that concerns me personally about camping at peoples homes is, uhm... dogs. Strange dogs scare the beeejusus out of me, and I can usually circumvent this at parks by getting a spot in the quiet/dog-free areas so I can actually enjoy my time there.

It's not a deal-breaker, but if say, someone had a couple of "friendly" large breed dogs, I would need to know in advance, and either make the decision not to go, or at very least find a place to stay a couple kms away, or what have you.

More on topic is how adulting sucks. It wasn't that long ago that I would've needed like 24 hours notice to pack a duffel bag, grab my passport and head off on a weekend roadtrip somewhere cool to meet people and go camping or what have you. Now looking months ahead and trying to juggle work, time away and all kinds of other responsibilities it's ridiculous. And I'm not married and don't have kids. I can't imagine how you guys with families manage it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

More on topic is how adulting sucks. It wasn't that long ago that I would've needed like 24 hours notice to pack a duffel bag, grab my passport and head off on a weekend roadtrip somewhere cool to meet people and go camping or what have you. Now looking months ahead and trying to juggle work, time away and all kinds of other responsibilities it's ridiculous. And I'm not married and don't have kids. I can't imagine how you guys with families manage it!

Married and kids isn't the problem as much as 8-5 daily job is. That's the biggest time sink for me. Corporate work sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Adulting, is by far the biggest hurdle for me. The weekends is just catching up on all the shit we couldn't get done during the week. We have two kids now both under 3, so it's a real challenge. We will have to plan for some sort of childcare. I won't be voting just yet, but there are some weekends that are blocked already i.e. Mothers/Fathers day and Birthdays. 

Gosh - seeing all these old names is pretty cool. I'm FB friends with @SBT - I'll mention it to him. I *probably* won't attend (being one of the only gals out here puts me in a different spot), but wanted to chime in and say hi! It's been at least 4-5 years since I've been on this site. Legacy GT is long gone - we're now up to a '20 Forester and '23 Ascent Touring. Gotta pull the camper! @thefultonhow good to see you out here! And I know at least one of you was on the latest 48hrs of Tristate drive - just can figure out which one. :) (Hi @Enlight!)

Edited by JJBerk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have Dales number, I was just trying to get him to post.  We last spoke at Christmas. 

Good to see @JJBerk is still around. 

I have not seen @Paisan in 13 or 14 years.  We used to speak regularly when I had the shop.  Great dude and would be thrilled to see him again as well. 

I currently have no dogs.  2 indoor only cats.  Neighbor to the west has a boxer.  She is friendly and is fenced.  Neighbor to the east has 2 small terriers, they have invisifence.  If anything the terriers are more vocal.  I would suspect the deer venturing into the yard from the woods behind (south) my house are the unwelcome guests.  My daughter loves it when she camps out back and they come up to check out her tent.  Everyone is on about a 3 acre parcel so its not like any neighbor is too close.  Technically they are far enough away that I can legally shoot from my deck.  Wife has not allowed me to take a deer from the yard.  But the overgrown ground hogs are running scared, lol. 

Wife shrugged when I mentioned LGT campers.  She said "as long as they park on the grass so I can get out of the garage".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• I Donated
4 hours ago, Scottydunno said:

That drive sux! 84 to 81 is way nicer! 

+1, and TBH you're not really saving much time.  It's like 30 minutes shorter to go 287 to 78, if you don't hit any traffic on 95 (big "if").  Plus the Tappan Zee is $10 round trip, and the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge is $1.55.

2 hours ago, JJBerk said:

@thefultonhow good to see you out here!

Sup Jeni!  I haven't had a Subaru in like 5 years :lol:

Thanks, @m sprank, the offer is indeed generous. W. Virginia also has great roads. My only concern is that Harper's Ferry is south of everyone, resulting in longer travel times for the large Boston area contingent. I will take a backseat, however, and let everyone chime in. If everyone likes that idea I'm fine with it 👍.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

I currently have no dogs.  2 indoor only cats.  Neighbor to the west has a boxer.  She is friendly and is fenced.  Neighbor to the east has 2 small terriers, they have invisifence.  If anything the terriers are more vocal.

All good man, and thanks for the info. It's always something I try to ask in advance. Beats having to make new plans on where to go/stay once you've already arrived somewhere! More of a cat guy, if my icon didn't suggest that already.

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

Thanks, @m sprank, the offer is indeed generous. W. Virginia also has great roads. My only concern is that Harper's Ferry is south of everyone, resulting in longer travel times for the large Boston area contingent. I will take a backseat, however, and let everyone chime in. If everyone likes that idea I'm fine with it 👍.

I don't want anyone to be left out, and there is plenty of time for other to chime in, but it does seem like, say, Finger Lakes are really central, and there is a motor sports park there as well.

Maybe if a good time is had by all etc...., there may be even more interest in something a little more pan-east coast in future, which would attract more attention and justify a central location along the coast? Potentially gauge interest a little further out as well, or whatever makes it sensible.

1 hour ago, Code said:

I may need to find an e85 friendly route from SW PA. I don’t think I could do finger lakes area on a single tank.  

Hey, maybe someone in your caravan will have a wagon ;) 

Jk I don’t want gas in the back of my car

• I Donated
4 hours ago, Code said:

I may need to find an e85 friendly route from SW PA. I don’t think I could do finger lakes area on a single tank.  

Don't most Sheetz stations have E85 now? 

One more reason Sheetz is better than Wawa :hide:

So far...

• May 26-28
  • June 2-4
  • June 23-25

Are tied for the lead, including @thefultonhow's votes cast on Doodle. It's difficult choosing the tiebreaker because it means some people will get to attend and others won't, though I am inclined to weight @boxkita's vote a little heavier since the East Coast will probably not be able to host him again anytime soon. In the meantime, I will continue to let the votes trickle in.

• Like 4

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread