LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

I drive a 4Runner. Lol. Its not what we drive anymore. Its who we are and the community this forum created. Not just online, but REAL people meeting and enjoying each others company IN PERSON.  The camaraderie and shared love of the cars draws us together. We have common ground.  In all reality there never would have been an Infamous Performance if not for this forum.  An LGT was not my first Subie, but this forum was always my favorite and the only one I still visit. 

I made friends for life off this forum. 

Supercharge that 86 and take me for a spin!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Pass on the supercharger. :) I bought a n/a on purpose. Other than putting on brake pads & fluid, and maybe ducts; it's enough car for me.

Hwy 250 looks interesting. I'll add to the list. Along with the Tail of the Dragon (my wife threatened divorce when we got to the turn off), there's a couple dozen must do's already.

Between car & drivers list of best roads by state & https://roadcurvature.com/ , I'm working on an epic road trip. Some I've done in rental cars & uhaul trucks, but very few in an actual sports car. About 10 days to Road Atlanta, a couple days there, a couple days in Tennessee and then heading for an Eastern tour. Ending up near NYC by the 17th is probable. Red Ball Garage is on the list, like it's opposite number in California (it'd be 10 gas stops minimum of 93 octane).

Road Atlanta will happen, everything else is iffy. but it'd be cool to put faces to avatars.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, boxkita said:

Hwy 250 looks interesting. I'll add to the list. Along with the Tail of the Dragon (my wife threatened divorce when we got to the turn off), there's a couple dozen must do's already.

Between car & drivers list of best roads by state & https://roadcurvature.com/ , I'm working on an epic road trip. Some I've done in rental cars & uhaul trucks, but very few in an actual sports car. About 10 days to Road Atlanta, a couple days there, a couple days in Tennessee and then heading for an Eastern tour. Ending up near NYC by the 17th is probable. Red Ball Garage is on the list, like it's opposite number in California (it'd be 10 gas stops minimum of 93 octane).

Road Atlanta will happen, everything else is iffy. but it'd be cool to put faces to avatars.

Wow, that Road Curvature is a very cool project. I've also used Motorcycle Roads when planning road trips, less AI and more reviews based. FWIW, Blue Ridge Parkway, while beautiful and historic is not very technical. I'd venture that the southern sections are more worth it (Boone, NC and south), but if you drive it all the way north on the Blue Ridge you will miss lots of other good roads.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and put a stake in the ground for...

June 16-18, 2023 (location TBD). Please post on this thread whether you can attend and I will update my original post accordingly.

• Like 4

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

That is in the middle of the busiest time of year for me and my industry, but doesn't mean I can't get away. I would say that for me, it would limit the distance I am able to go to about the minimums tho. I still only get 2 weeks vacation/year, and much as I love this idea, I'm not gonna burn too much of that for a car meet. (I'd have to give up my week long backcountry adventures to do so, and that isn't happening.)

I could reasonably get away earylish from work on a Friday, and pull in to wherever, ideally before it's too late to set up a tent etc.... say hello to some people and crack a beer... Leaving would be the reverse on a Sunday, etc....

So, count me in, but I think anything as far away (tho awesome) as the Tail of the Dragon would put it well out of my range for a 2.5 day round trip.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, boxkita said:

Pass on the supercharger. :) I bought a n/a on purpose. Other than putting on brake pads & fluid, and maybe ducts; it's enough car for me.

If serious on the SC I can make a few calls.  I have favors owed still.  

State: Brantford, ON Canada
Distance willing to travel (hours): 10hrs (one-way)
Odds of Attendance: I have a summer trip with the family planned but with enough notice I would definitely put this high on my list of things to do this year.  

Maybe get some of the Legacy guys from out here on a nice road trip and make a weekend of it.  Very interested in getting a somewhat central location as well as some tentative dates will help move the needle on this. 

• Like 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Because of the distance, I'm pretty much on the road for the month of June. Chattanooga, TN is kind of my base for a week or so. By the 21st of June, I have to heading west at a pretty good clip.

Open dates: June 13-June 20. 

Distance to travel: as much as needed. New York is too far. 

Greenville, Sc is 200 miles north east 

Harpers Ferry is 550 miles north east 

Pittsburg is 600+ north east 

NYC is 800 miles north east (less and less this seems like a pass)

Id be up for a Tail of the Dragon or moonshine roads of the Appalachia or other combination of twisty southern roads. 

Going to visit MSprank in Harpers Ferry seems like a nice central location. Its 250 miles from alot of places. Ok not Boston or Ontario.

Theres enough interesting roads in the area to satisfy most of us.

Whatever. :)  If Mike's home, I'll make the trip. I'm doing the Dragon at least once. If I can meet with others, it'd be great. I'm at Road Atlanta June 10-11 with NASA if you want track time.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, m sprank said:

If serious on the SC I can make a few calls.  I have favors owed still.  

Not even remotely interested in the supercharger. Getting rid of the mushy brakes, removing the fake noise generator, adding a bit more exhaust noise, adding a better tire (my long favored supersports are long in the tooth) are all I'm looking for.

Thanks for the offer tho. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These are the toys now.

2021 GMC Canyon AT4: the daily driver. Great in the winter, great driving off pavement. Happy I bought this in January 2021 before the car market got insane.

2015 WRX: I've owned this since July 2015, currently has 146k miles, at 141k miles the HG blew on the original engine after discovering the EGR deletes were cracked & leaking coolant which caused overheating & warped the heads. I got lucky and soured a IAG long block with 10k miles from a Subaru Junk Yard in PA for $6K, installed with new parts to be carb complaint ( 🖕🏻 ) now makes 450whp on the stock turbo after Mikey Botti tuned it. In July 2020 I did a STI 6 speed & diff swap, while replacing the clutch (which lasted me 122k miles) discovered the TOB completely wore away the mount, faced with either replacing the transmission with the same shit 6MT, spent a few extra bucks for the STI 6 speed. Much better experience.

I ordered the CT4 Blackwing in May 2022, finally took delivery in October 2022. Holy shit is it fun, holy shit is it fast! Jeremy Clarkson excitement levels every time I drive it. With it being one of GM’s last production performance cars with a manual it’s kind of a collector item for me. Also fun fact, when I finalized my purchase at the dealership, part of their compliance questions they offered me a package for $3500 for unlimited tire replacement for life, in 5 months I have replaced the tires 7 times :lol: :lol: I know every single one of you would do the same thing if offered! The dealership officially hates me. If I drive this to a meet up I will happily let @m sprank do burnouts & donuts

I’m on the fence about selling the WRX, needed to repair it in order to sell but I still enjoy driving it, I may configure it for a full track setup or just drive it when ever I feel like it. Driving the Blackwing is very weather dependent, the WRX can fill the void when I get overly protective of the Blackwing :lol: 

79AEF186-DBE9-4006-A66D-5A6670B10977.jpeg

3D0F2CE8-F984-440B-A50F-63CDDC0C72E6.jpeg

14C68336-599A-45DF-8555-5D45132E26D9.jpeg

Edited by THE RZA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Also fun fact, when I finalized my purchase at the dealership, part of their compliance questions they offered me a package for $3500 for unlimited tire replacement for life, in 5 months I have replaced the tires 7 times :lol: :lol: I know every single one of you would do the same thing if offered! The dealership officially hates me"

if a dealership ever offered me this deal, I'd buy a track membership and bankrupt them. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

State: East Greenwich, RI 02818
Distance willing to travel (hours): 10 hrs (one-way)
Odds of Attendance: Medium, right now the dates look ok, much depends on final site location and what happens with work/family

Car has 244K on the original motor now.

@boxkita 2022 BRZ in red sits in the garage now, my oldest son's. Good choice!

• Like 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I will have to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing though, otherwise it will not be a fun trip 😆

• Haha 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I'm in. No need to convince me. I don't care how many quarts of oil I'll burn getting there. 

Hudson, MA

5 hours to travel. I'd attend so long as nothing else gets planned before a date is locked down here

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

"Also fun fact, when I finalized my purchase at the dealership, part of their compliance questions they offered me a package for $3500 for unlimited tire replacement for life, in 5 months I have replaced the tires 7 times :lol: :lol: I know every single one of you would do the same thing if offered! The dealership officially hates me"

if a dealership ever offered me this deal, I'd buy a track membership and bankrupt them. :)

It was one of those upsells they offer to every one like an extended warranty. I thought to myself “are you sure?!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Track membership? Hell I might go through a set or two in their parking lot leaving after each new set. LOL.  

I had a vette once. Tires? Oh boy.... flat spots from breaking, burn out till round again. Next set!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, m sprank said:

Track membership? Hell I might go through a set or two in their parking lot leaving after each new set. LOL.  

I had a vette once. Tires? Oh boy.... flat spots from breaking, burn out till round again. Next set!

I will probably have the WRX configured for a track set up, the Blackwing cost me $75k, I kind of want keep the warranty :lol: 

• Haha 1

This thread has some traction, let's keep it on topic please.

I'm good for most weekends with enough notice, late spring or early summer, doesn't matter to me.  I'm coming from Pittsburgh area and 3hrs drive seems reasonable for my car.  I'll be toting extra oil..

Started a list of things to work on for my car this spring, it's only 21 items so far.

Also I could potentially host one of our distance travelers if it's helpful, I have extra space.  Garage spot not included.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@BoozeRS05 mentioned Carlisle, PA and it's beginning to look like that area will be good for a central meetup location. I am going to throw up a Calendly tomorrow or Monday so we can nail down a date, so thank you for everyone that has chimed in. I got a little carried away last night and my brain isn't 100% right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread