LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I have been using XS power batteries. I have a large one installed on one of my cars. It's barely 3 years old and I think it has failed already. it is also an AGM battery. After doing some research, I believe the issue is heat. They do not like too much heat. There's a safety valve on these that would release some gas if they get too hot. But if they do, they would no longer hold a strong charge anymore. I think that is what is happening at least in my case specially with the heat in southern Utah.

I've been able to fully charge it, but even with a full charge the engine cranks slow. Whereas in the '06, I installed a much smaller XS power battery and that engine cranks so fast. I should install a heat shield on it so it won't prematurely fail.

What did you use to extend your stock bpv hose there? Getting ready to install a new top mount and looking like it's going to be quite a stretch.

New clips, such a good feeling. Just ordered new intake duct clips (among a few other bits), $7.72 each here in the Great White North.

Isn't it?! It's the small things! I've been back and forth to the dealer all week for little clips/bolts. I have a couple generic clip kits that usually take care of me, but every once in a while I'll need something more specific.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

What did you use to extend your stock bpv hose there? Getting ready to install a new top mount and looking like it's going to be quite a stretch.

That hose (+ the metal coupler) comes with the GrimmSpeed TMIC.

Did an oil change yesterday (after buying the only Mazda N3R1-14-302 filter available within the nearest two Mazda dealers). Wideband is still reading lean in boost after "cleaning" it with MAF sensor cleaner. Maybe I'll try a second cleaning with a torch before buying a new Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor. I just truly can't believe it's running as lean as the WBO2 indicates since the car feels normal and there's no recorded knock under load. Burning smell is still there, of course. It's certainly not RH side CV boot (incidentally just regreased and replaced the LH one last September). I wonder if it's the Fluid Film I got the underside coated with before last winter that I'm smelling? :iam:

Edited by solidxsnake

I wonder if it's the Fluid Film I got the underside coated with before last winter that I'm smelling? :iam:

I just got my new truck done and even with the old truck that stuff will burn off and smell for a while, especially if you get a warm spell and it decides to run and drip a bit. Still very much worth the hassle in my book.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I've been very busy working on my car for the past 6 days. Both cars pictured are 2008 3.0R LL Beans. The grey one I bought with an STi 6MT swap done. I swapped that over to the black one. Also installed a Group N transmission mount, Kartboy front and rear bushings and pitch stopper.

Also installed new Mevotech aluminum control arms, DBA rotors,

IMG_6691.thumb.jpg.16bd506fe240c45f41617695ee8c7b69.jpg

IMG_6692.thumb.jpg.d96b8110baf378e95d7e24411ce0ad91.jpg

IMG_6706.thumb.jpg.52adb92988bf7b37933ad912295eeb27.jpg

IMG_6693.thumb.jpg.cc57d18c4ff07c361b7afc34412a213a.jpg

IMG_6721.thumb.jpg.ea3b8e2d29e8403472d8099706a1eb73.jpg

IMG_6700.thumb.jpg.c38fe5245fb4fa2f462319c52ba140c6.jpg

IMG_6730.thumb.jpg.658db8cbc31217ec91b0a993e77ad347.jpg

I've been very busy working on my car for the past 6 days. Both cars pictured are 2008 3.0R LL Beans. The grey one I bought with an STi 6MT swap done. I swapped that over to the black one. Also installed a Group N transmission mount, Kartboy front and rear bushings and pitch stopper.

Also installed new Mevotech aluminum control arms, DBA rotors,

Ooh! I cannot wait to see it in person.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Cleaned up my trunk release lever assembly and cables back in 2016 https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5538615&postcount=2, it started staying lifted up again. I don't remember if I cleaned the rust last time, but it was pretty crusty. Thought about painting it with some rustoleum, but just decided to douse it with fluid film instead (after wiring brushing the rust off). Kinda wish I had gotten a new assembly back when they were $13. Now they're $24, so that's why I just cleaned this one up again.

trunk.thumb.jpg.91da85fe162853b1bdbd749d2c3723e0.jpg

Edited by apexi

Partsouq just added a couple JDM wagon window visors to their inventory. Grabbed a set for myself, should be two left for a nice nice discount - ~$190 shipped. Been keeping an eye on these for months now.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=E3610AG010

I ordered one of these when you mentioned it.

They shipped quickly, but FedEx took it from Memphis (60 miles from me) to Jackson, MS instead of Jackson, TN. They used to be much better than the last year or so...

Now I'm really hoping it arrives intact...

I despise FedEx.. They missed three of my deliveries in a row recently. I lost it on them on the phone three weeks ago. Went and found the last package myself at my neighbor's.

My visors were delivered today though. That was fast, one week from order.

I worked for FedEx for almost a decade, I have a lot of respect for a lot of people working there. In 2019, they were by far the best shipping option in my experience. Since the pandemic hit, they have declined horribly and I now cringe when I learn I'm getting a package via FedEx. (Plus I have a UPS guy for the last couple years that takes good care of me and asks about the wagon every time he sees me, he loves it)

I’m pretty sure it’s staffing shortages. I also had 3 of 4 FedEx packages in 2 weeks time show up several days late. People don’t want jobs anymore after getting all that stimi. My transmission jack arrived half way through my 6 speed swap when it was supposed to arrive before I started. It was stuck in Portland for 4 days until I called and politely complained. It arrived 2 days later and the box was destroyed.

I try to be as nice as possible to anyone who is still working right now because with the staffing shortages, everyone who is working has to work harder.

Few things I did over the weekend:

Took apart the glove box since it wasn't staying closed. Found out there was a missing screw clip on the lower left hand side so I stole the one off the console decorative trim piece as its still held in by the shifter surround. Everything seems to be working now after adjusting the latch loop and putting in that extra screw.

Replaced the front swaybar bushings and one end link with a nice part from Great North Performance. Unfortunately, the old Kartboy end link was installed without washers and the steel sleeve is seized to the bolt and the two pieces are stuck on the swaybar. I cobbled together the best bushings and put it back together and it will go to the shop on Thursday to be cut out, or replaced with the other bar I have.

Studded tires are in at the shop so I need to drop off winter wheels this morning to get them mounted. I haven't driven studded tires since the early 2000s so I'm excited to see how good they are on icy highways.

I have literally never used the trunk release lever lock a single time, but it bothered me that mine was frozen solid and wouldn't budge. Spent like a solid hour freeing up the lock cylinder, but finally got it. Psa, wouldn't be a bad idea to squirt some lube down in the key hole.

Started my build today...

Nameless axles back 5 inch mufflers.

Fitment was excellent , welds buttery, arrived in 4 days after I ordered it amazing experience.

I have stock dp, stock mid and y pipe , it's honestly pretty quiet was hoping for more rumble. Hopefully the new downpipe livens it hoping I don't wish I just got the deletes.

Don't get me wrong it sounds nice and isn't obnoxious at WOT but was hoping for more low rpm rumble

2883b78c95e7adce85481c7dcfee8329.jpg45bd35c34d56bc7bc842c7abeee15cfc.jpg8ac879828b7f719ac2fe36aa14691fc9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure it’s staffing shortages. I also had 3 of 4 FedEx packages in 2 weeks time show up several days late. People don’t want jobs anymore after getting all that stimi. My transmission jack arrived half way through my 6 speed swap when it was supposed to arrive before I started. It was stuck in Portland for 4 days until I called and politely complained. It arrived 2 days later and the box was destroyed.

I try to be as nice as possible to anyone who is still working right now because with the staffing shortages, everyone who is working has to work harder.

I work at UPS ...the struggle is real. And for ducks sake please quit ordering bed frames and mattress people lol

I work at UPS ...the struggle is real. And for ducks sake please quit ordering bed frames and mattress people lol

Amazon and the others actually have things in stock! You go to a furniture outfit and you may be waiting until next summer to get your goods. Thanks for all you do though, seriously. I appreciate the brown truck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I just added a 2015+ sti rack to the growing pile of parts in my garage. My project is just about finished until the motor pops. 12years 3mos 55,558miles and inching ever closer to a ridiculous $40k in parts and labor.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I just added a 2015+ sti rack to the growing pile of parts in my garage. My project is just about finished until the motor pops. 12years 3mos 55,558miles and inching ever closer to a ridiculous $40k in parts and labor.

^That's it? wow.