LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

They certainly do. Along with flex-fuel, map switching, launch control, FFS, check-engine light flashing on knock, etc. Unfortunately, it's not "easy" to set up for a car that hasn't been defined before, but once it's defined, then it's all there. Look up MerpMod (or aijiimod, etc.).

Now that my LGT is back up and running, I'm going to be working on trying to get live-tuning working.

On my WRX, I'm running the Carberry ROM. Is there a similar speed density ROM for the 08LGT/OBXT? That was what I was looking for and I couldn't find it over on Romraider. I guess that's what I'm asking, has this ecu been defined, or would I have to build it from scratch? Are you running it? If so, would you be able to share it with me to to use as a base map? We can take this to PM if that's more appropriate to this thread.

Edit: Code, if you're on Accessport that makes sense. Unfortunately, I'm on Romraider, which is where I was looking... Also, doing a fresh search on Romraider, I've been able to find a patch by NSFW for the 05 LGT, but that runs a different ECU than the 08/09. I haven't been able to find a speed density solutioin for the 08/09 ECU (A2TB001N).

Edited by lil'redwagon

On my WRX, I'm running the Carberry ROM. Is there a similar speed density ROM for the 08LGT/OBXT? That was what I was looking for and I couldn't find it over on Romraider. I guess that's what I'm asking, has this ecu been defined, or would I have to build it from scratch? Are you running it? If so, would you be able to share it with me to to use as a base map? We can take this to PM if that's more appropriate to this thread.

Edit: Code, if you're on Accessport that makes sense. Unfortunately, I'm on Romraider, which is where I was looking... Also, doing a fresh search on Romraider, I've been able to find a patch by NSFW for the 05 LGT, but that runs a different ECU than the 08/09. I haven't been able to find a speed density solutioin for the 08/09 ECU (A2TB001N).

rather than pm, create a thread in tuning section? I'm sure others are interested too

There. 30 feet of quality 10AWG wire and a few hours later, and pump now sees 13.1V instead of 10.X. Tried an 05 FXT FPCM and made no difference. Shopmate had an FPCM from an R34 GTR which by some manner of Denso witchcraft is plug and play in our cars, so gave that a shot. No difference versus LGT unit at 100% DC at idle. Curious if there's any difference under load, but my issue is fixed so I'm only half compelled to try. Skyline FPCM is the big boy in the picture.

IMG_20200801_190927_copy_2000x1500.thumb.jpg.0504057dd40c9c5908330538bbdbff6d.jpg

IMG_20200801_190918_copy_2000x1500.thumb.jpg.8290d0a26ccba26257cdd387fdc9378b.jpg

IMG_20200801_191135_copy_2000x1500.thumb.jpg.528fac5958a801da93b05ddd39802867.jpg

IMG_20200801_165226_copy_1500x2000_1.thumb.jpg.5945422e6097ff05b20402a07ad29e52.jpg

I'm on the hunt for a M12x1.0 female to 3/8 NPT female adapter/connector/reducer.

3 hours in, still looking...

Does this mean you confirmed the thread on the pulse dampers? Totally spaced on checking mine but can still do so if you need.

Does this mean you confirmed the thread on the pulse dampers? Totally spaced on checking mine but can still do so if you need.

It has the right diameter to be M12; and if I set my M10x1.0 tap on it, the threads line up; but I don't have an M12x1.0, nor can I find one locally. It's not a common size as far as I can tell, seems that usually 1.0 threads usually stop at M10. But M10 is too small and 1.25 threads are too coarse, so I'm fairly certain it's M12x1.0

I've tried to see if it might be a BSPT/BPT, but I can't find a size that aligns with the measurements I've taken. Kinda wish it was, would be easier to find an adapter I think.

Tried to do a 4-wheel brake job on my car today, not having a lift sucks ass also those bracket bolts on the rears are a pain. Best part of everything is I spray down with brake cleaner the rear rotors I got from RockAuto, they aint the right ones. Got to give them a call on monday, I double checked the part numbers between an 05 and an 06 rear rotors and though the part numbers say the same thing, the 06 Rotors are listed as "GT Model" (which is what I have)...sigh...

RockAuto.PNG.2c87d5e13f5c198159fb10702513247b.PNG

BSPT would make sense given its use elsewhere on the motor. Hm.

True, but the closest BSPT size I can find is 1/4x19.

The diameter is .02" too large and the TPI is 19, which is 1.337mm and is much too coarse.

IMG_7533.thumb.JPG.ccbbdb6c2d1628cb14d0d96b5d73bebb.JPG

IMG_7534.thumb.JPG.89a5fa4ac8d547b79b903e416f047128.JPG

I wish it was BSPT...

I found a female 3/8 NPT to M12x1.0 male; but I'd rather not add a double female M12x1.0

May have figured out a solution.

https://www.fittings.space/gbm27-08zm-m12x10f

httpsi.ebayimg.comimagesgrmqaaosw5clxw20es-l1600.jpg

and

https://www.fittings.space/pbp21-08zf-06zf (1/2 NPT female x 3/8 NPT female)

httpsi.ebayimg.comimagesggfaaaoswuhhxvxp7s-l1600.jpg

Not crazy about having to stack these, but haven't been able to find a single solution.

Edited by Infosecdad

Tried to do a 4-wheel brake job on my car today, not having a lift sucks ass also those bracket bolts on the rears are a pain. Best part of everything is I spray down with brake cleaner the rear rotors I got from RockAuto, they aint the right ones. Got to give them a call on monday, I double checked the part numbers between an 05 and an 06 rear rotors and though the part numbers say the same thing, the 06 Rotors are listed as "GT Model" (which is what I have)...sigh...

If it helps, I have swapped rotors and pads between both my cars many times.

05-09 GT and Spec B's have the same brakes.

This type problem is why I like to buy from my local auto parts store, its easy to get a replacement part if somethings wrong.

FWIW, I have had 3 right front calipers in one day from NAPA, they even delivered the 3rd to my house.

Granted wasn't happy about needing 3 but since then, I get great customer service when I walk in there. I also find that my local NAPA has the same employees every time I walk in there, for the past 10 years.

I don't find that with other chain type stores.

In fact the calipers have a 12 month warranty, at 18 moth's the right front was sticking, they gave me a free replacement. In April of this year, that right front was suspect, I was chasing a front end shimmy, again NAPA gave me a free replacement. This right front caliper is great, for the first time in a long time the car will coast very easily for long distance.

The take way from all that is, It's very easy to get warranty work from a local auto parts store and your also supporting a local business.

You can get bad or the wrong part from anyone, its the local place that you get a quick turn around.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There. 30 feet of quality 10AWG wire and a few hours later, and pump now sees 13.1V instead of 10.X. Tried an 05 FXT FPCM and made no difference. Shopmate had an FPCM from an R34 GTR which by some manner of Denso witchcraft is plug and play in our cars, so gave that a shot. No difference versus LGT unit at 100% DC at idle. Curious if there's any difference under load, but my issue is fixed so I'm only half compelled to try. Skyline FPCM is the big boy in the picture.

I've been debating doing this also... I've sourced all the parts that a particular company uses in their kit but idk if I wanna start tearing into my interior before the motor gets put back in. Interesting find with that R34 FPCM.

Another rock auto coupon code if anyone missed last month's good til Sept 13, 2020

Put it in the how did you hear about us box for 5% off (it's like free shipping almost lol)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Merpmod and its derivatives all should do it, but unfortunately it looks like it needs to be ported to your ECU. Looks like you could probably put in a request here and have andea79 port it: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14020

I ported aijiimod to my '07 spec.B (A2UI001L) myself late last year, but haven't flashed it or tested it yet. Haven't had the time to really focus on the ECU hacking stuff recently.

I've been debating doing this also... I've sourced all the parts that a particular company uses in their kit but idk if I wanna start tearing into my interior before the motor gets put back in. Interesting find with that R34 FPCM.

Why not? It's one less thing to do when you're getting the car put together later. Wish I'd even had it on my radar when I put the motor in.

Began the sound deadening process by applying CLD tiles I had from Sound Deadening Showdown (before they closed) and Dynamat I purchased from eBay with eBay bucks. More CLD is on the way from Resonix along with MLV from TMS. Also stuffed Rockwool SAFE'n'SOUND insulation into the rear liftgate, spoiler and rear quarter panels areas. When doing the quarter panels areas make sure the rain hose doesn't get disconnected, they are only friction fitted. PPE is still required when installing the insulation.

1.thumb.jpg.ff1342f532442c31c6cc58dcb18a5389.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3dfdc22b84528e979a9f3a8a5fc38d84.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Began the sound deadening process by applying CLD tiles I had from Sound Deadening Showdown (before they closed) and Dynamat I purchased from eBay with eBay bucks. More CLD is on the way from Resonix along with MLV from TMS. Also stuffed Rockwool SAFE'n'SOUND insulation into the rear liftgate, spoiler and rear quarter panels areas. When doing the quarter panels areas make sure the rain hose doesn't get disconnected, they are only friction fitted. PPE is still required when installing the insulation.
And? Worth the weight and time? Should probably do my front doors first...
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *