LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I bought a ZFDesign full metallic clutch set. Great price too. It will hold far more HP/Torque than my South Bend stage 2 daily and will last longer. The organic clutch plates just don't last too long. I've gone through 2 clutch plates with my current Pressure Plate. I don't launch and have very very rarely burned the clutch.

I bought a ZFDesign full metallic clutch set. Great price too. It will hold far more HP/Torque than my South Bend stage 2 daily and will last longer. The organic clutch plates just don't last too long. I've gone through 2 clutch plates with my current Pressure Plate. I don't launch and have very very rarely burned the clutch.

How many miles? What sort of torque are you putting out? I had about 55k on my SB stage 1 clutch before I blew the motor (daily driving as well as a season and change of autocross launches), and it still had a decent amount of life left on it before I replaced it with a SB stg2 on the new motor. Both of which use the same Exedy clutch disk as OEM.

Though that said, I totally forgot that you may have the 5MT instead of the 6MT.

How many miles? What sort of torque are you putting out? I had about 55k on my SB stage 1 clutch before I blew the motor (daily driving as well as a season and change of autocross launches), and it still had a decent amount of life left on it before I replaced it with a SB stg2 on the new motor. Both of which use the same Exedy clutch disk as OEM.

Though that said, I totally forgot that you may have the 5MT instead of the 6MT.

5MT, yes. I'm unsure of torque/hp but I imagine it's between 300-350.

The original clutch disc from the SB stage 2 daily was down close to the rivets after 43k miles. I installed a new flywheel, release bearing and clutch disc (oem exedy just like the SB) 30k miles ago. I imagine the disc is getting low again. It doesn't slip or anything but it's better to be safe.

I'm waiting to hear back from Boxkita about possibly buying Fjuan's old sedan to swap all of my stuff over. At that point I'd put in the new clutch too.

Swap in an oem STI Catless uppipe. Literally no one will be able to tell the difference.

That's a possibility, given I only do a few local events a year now. Would still be hard to get my "goodie goodie" side to not follow the rules to the letter, though. :lol:

Then swap in an 07-09 LGT uppipe, it's the same thing without a cat

5MT, yes. I'm unsure of torque/hp but I imagine it's between 300-350.

The original clutch disc from the SB stage 2 daily was down close to the rivets after 43k miles. I installed a new flywheel, release bearing and clutch disc (oem exedy just like the SB) 30k miles ago. I imagine the disc is getting low again. It doesn't slip or anything but it's better to be safe.

I'm waiting to hear back from Boxkita about possibly buying Fjuan's old sedan to swap all of my stuff over. At that point I'd put in the new clutch too.

Damn, only 40k miles out of the clutch. Damn I just got mine yesterday.

The Spec 2+ clutch was still holding great at 90k.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I guess my fears are not a worry any longer.

That Southbend clutch is the wrong one.

I called Spec Clutch, they are sending me, well shipping it to the Tranny Shop, a 2+ SU253H and new friction surface for the Spec Aluminum FW that has been in the car before.

Spec Clutch had me on file so it was easy. I also asked to the Sales Rep, to say hi to a old friend you still works there.

While I'm on it, I received the wrong transmission bushing from the same Vendor I ordered the clutch from. The bushing package has the correct part # but what's in it is wrong.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

That's a possibility, given I only do a few local events a year now. Would still be hard to get my "goodie goodie" side to not follow the rules to the letter, though. :lol:

Don't worry too much about breaking the rules, with stock power and suspension LGT won't be a threat to anyone, and until you begin to climb to the middle of the list no one really cares.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I think I need to do this, how do you know how much to add?
Also interested in this information.
Unfortunately you won't be able to get the correct amount without a full discharge and fill but you can determine if the refrigerant is low (which would indicate some form of leak since the system is sealed). A leak may be very minimal and be caused by an old and brittle o-ring. Adding refrigerant can buy time in these scenarios.

To check the system you need an a/c manifold. The system pressures should be the following:

Low pressure: 127 — 196 kPa (1.3 — 2.0 kg/cm2, 18 — 28 psi)

High pressure: 1,471 — 1,667 kPa (15 — 17 kg/cm2, 213 — 242 psi)

Ambient temperature: 30 — 35qC (86 — 95qF)

If the low pressure is too low or the high pressure is too low then the vehicle may need refrigerant. This is dependent on temperature though as the pressure changes in different ambient temperatures.

Installed burlwood J trim (thanks to aac0036 !). I think the color goes well with red leather.

Bonus sanity mod/discovery: the annoying tinny rattling noise coming from the shifter were few pieces of loose change that made their way from coin/ash tray to linkage underneath :lol:

Still not sure which one of these I'm most excited about!

tn_IMG_20200715_181738696.thumb.jpg.2bb9c79015f1dffc7b0d018a29fe7987.jpg

tn_IMG_20200715_181847653.thumb.jpg.25865741f7363e55d84370b9376f0cd1.jpg

I bought it drove it and started looking for aftermarket parts 😂 I'm very excited Ito take this on as a project have wanted a Subaru for a long time and when I found my new to me! 2009 Subaru 3.0R I was beyond excited. The only down side is that it has tan leather interior and a factory radio.

But I'm happy about how much ass it hauls.

Im happy to be apart of a forum of like-minded owners and tuners!

Installed burlwood J trim (thanks to aac0036 !). I think the color goes well with red leather.

Bonus sanity mod/discovery: the annoying tinny rattling noise coming from the shifter were few pieces of loose change that made their way from coin/ash tray to linkage underneath :lol:

Still not sure which one of these I'm most excited about!

Man I would like to see that red leather situation up close, I almost said **** it and bought them red seats from that dude who was selling them in DC area a couple months ago and searching for door cards on car-parts.com or just going for the black on black but cant decide.

07 specB, 145k miles, OE turbo, recently resolved my a/f woes thanks to everyone's help.

Quick question about turbo replacement: pre-emptive or wait until there's some indication? VF40 or VF52? I would probably keep the stock DP.

07 specB, 145k miles, OE turbo, recently resolved my a/f woes thanks to everyone's help.

Quick question about turbo replacement: pre-emptive or wait until there's some indication? VF40 or VF52? I would probably keep the stock DP.

With a stock DP no sense in doing a vf52. I think you have a vf46 or is that just 08-09 model years.

You can get great performance, gas mileage out of a vf52, 3" DP and Tune, And stay in the stock fuel system.

Maybe do an oil analysis first. That could give you some indication of how preemptive your time scale should be.

If you're thinking of staying on the stock DP I also wouldn't bother with the vf52. Bigger turbo will require a tune anyway, and if you end up not needing to replace your current turbo, DP + tune will be cheaper than vf52 + tune. I did mine all at once as Max mentions, but I had time on my side to acquire all parts at once, rather than needing an emergency turbo replacement.

Don't worry too much about breaking the rules, with stock power and suspension LGT won't be a threat to anyone, and until you begin to climb to the middle of the list no one really cares.

Oh, I'm coming from a full STX build BRZ, I didn't get the LGT to be competitive. I've just been at this long enough to know what the rules are, and have a sense of fairness about them, even on the local level. Mostly I just want that sweet GS PAX next year, and not STH, to continue being in the middle of the pack. But likely I'll just do what I want with the car, end up in STH, and try and find a ride for any national race I try and do. Assuming there's anything close to a normal autox season next year.

If you're happy with the car, I have a stage 1 tune from cryotune and the extra boost sure makes the car more that fast enough for me.

I'd eventually like to replace all the exhaust just because age and rust and at that point a dp and vf52 would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone heard from Mike at Tuning Alliance? I haven't had any communication since the end of May and want to be sure he's alright.

I'm connected on FB with him, nothing out of the ordinary (meaning he's likely crazy busy as usual).

Anyone heard from Mike at Tuning Alliance? I haven't had any communication since the end of May and want to be sure he's alright.

Mike normally response well to IM's.

Yes he's a busy guy.