LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I spent all my money on stupid f*cking subarus

Lol yep this.

You could pay for my move and give me another 10k and I could drop it into my outback within a few days. Without getting anything from Japan lol.

Could also use a lens. For photos of subarus. Decided to pick up another expensive hobby....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent all my money on stupid f*cking subarus

get a honda...i did and its low maintenance hahaha

but i got the honda so i can 6 speed swap the leggy and build the motor still

maybe? still second guessing on finishing my leggy. 11 years of ownership and she has had direct deposit since

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

get a honda...i did and its low maintenance hahaha

but i got the honda so i can 6 speed swap the leggy and build the motor still

maybe? still second guessing on finishing my leggy. 11 years of ownership and she has had direct deposit since

We probably have a good base for a support group in here. Buying Honda = smart. Me dum, keep buy more Subaru.

Come peruse my carnival of broken dreams - there's at least five semi-broken 5MTs in there if ya need to get the car moving <.< >.>

You'd be surprised how many 5 speed specific parts did not survive their removal from the vehicle. That being said, between the girlfriend and I, we have 6 cars. I'll be fine haha.

Anyone buy a front lip lately? I've always thought BaysonR was the go to - seems they're out of stock for the 05-07 models.

Just happened to be looking into them today. Does anyone know whether the JDM ones actually improved aero at all?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

we have 6 cars. I'll be fine haha.

you had me at hello. More cares means the probability of at least one working goes up. At one point between me and my fiance, we had 4 wagons...2 red, 2 blue, all manual. (3 were mine, 2 of which were subarus) and people looked at me weird for that, idk why

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

you had me at hello. More cares means the probability of at least one working goes up. At one point between me and my fiance, we had 4 wagons...2 red, 2 blue, all manual. (3 were mine, 2 of which were subarus) and people looked at me weird for that, idk why

Support. Group.

Just happened to be looking into them today. Does anyone know whether the JDM ones actually improved aero at all?

I'll assume no, but there's always the outside chance. Going for looks on this one.

... people looked at me weird for that, idk why

No they're weird, not you. Not me.

No they're weird, not you. Not me.

Due to covid I haven't seen my department manager in a bit. Before a meeting he asked if I had fixed my car. He was very confused when I asked which one. Then explained the civic got totaled. The outback was working, then not, then was. And the e30 blew it's trans.

He then was trying to be cheeky and asked how my "lady friend" roommate was (I don't have any male friends) so to **** with him I told him I never lived with my lady friend. But my lady friend roommate moved out and was replaced by my lady friend. And that all three people work at the same company.

He stopped asking questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all on board with the Honda idea. Shoot, I was looking for a Civic, but accidentally found the RX-7 for dumb-cheap. Still looking for a Civic, kind of.

So I read this is as "I was on my project Subaru status and decided to buy something that runs while I work on project, found another project car so I am 2 project cars in while still maybe looking for a DD"

Hahah, add me to the support group. Between my fiance and I, we have 7 cars! The 2 Subarus are always in need of something, so I was looking for something I could daily that was comfy, quiet, and reliable. I was looking for a used Civic or Carolla, ended up with a Jaguar. Yup.

When I moved back in January, I realized my GT wasn't in the right shape to commute from PA to MA weekly while in the middle of the move. So my reliable daily is a Jetta sportwagen TDI. It's hilarious to see fuel economy be double the GT but half the smiles. At least it's stick

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Interesting cause I don't have any indication of dash removal when I just had my second recall done about a month ago.

I have an 08 Spec. B. Maybe different from other LGT’s cause of nav etc. They pulled out dash for pass airbag recall.

I managed to get the Radium fuel damper installed on the driver's side rail.

Install went smoother than I was afraid of, probably because I've spent the last week planning it.

IMG_7558.thumb.JPG.e5552994796e8b2deccc832f79fb9eb0.JPG

I removed the front crank case vent hose and the OCV from that side to get access.

22mm crows foot wrench with a long extension and I got the stock damper loose.

IMG_7559.thumb.JPG.ad332c0d232e61ac2c889301c8dc2850.JPG

New damper with thread adapters went in smoothly.

Needed a 1" crows foot wrench for that one

IMG_7560.thumb.JPG.91650b89b5d337c13e970fd1358a9129.JPG

Spliced a Y into the vacuum line to the FPR for the reference port.

Initial drive to Lowes (for another project) was really promising.

Definitely smoothed out and reduced the AF corrections, smoother in light throttle 2400-3000 RPM range.

I'm going to try installing the other one on the passenger side rail and see what impact that has on it all.

Any reason you didn't go with one of the inline ones, other than having a spot on the factory rails? Close coupled damper looks nice, curious how much better it performs. I have the inline one on my fuel send line and still get some AF corrections flare and light stumble around 2500 RPM.