LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Anyone need OEM carpet mats in almost new condition? Will be putting them in classifieds for free (just pay shipping).

Also should have OEM rubber all weather mats, but the driver ones has a hole under right foot - their typical weak spot. Also free.

On non-Subaru news, received my 12 blues CDs from Endless Blues Records. Good night sitting here listening to music in headphones when house is quiet.

I'm interested in the carpet mats

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Tried to install a sweet new carbon fiber ebrake handle, since I was ridiculed here for my electric tape job.. It didn't fit AND broke my ebrake in the process :cool:

Also emailed Diode Dynamics and exchanged the yellow fogs for white. It was too much for my tastes and DD was no questions asked even after 30 days. Seem like a great company

Edited by BoozeRS05

Booze, do you have any pics of the white vs yellow? Looking to get these stupid bright pro fogs just for the lolz

White fogs are in the mail, looks like I'll get them tomorrow sometime. I'll be attempting to get them installed asap

Oooo them are some fancy looking headlights. What are the specs on those?
Thanks. They are new Depo housings, morimoto hid projector low beams and led projector high beams. Lenses were etched because [emoji2369]. Diode dynamics switch back turn signal and running light behind the OEM diffuser that was frosted. All chrome removed and painted black. Built by rigid retrofits in Orem Utah.

I need to get some pics with them on. They're very bright and have a great cut off.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Edited by norutah

Tried to chase down a rattle that occurs when going over small bumps. The sound stops when any brake pressure is applied but everything was torqued to spec and the noise was still there. Thinking maybe the slide pins have to be greased or replaced.

Tried to chase down a rattle that occurs when going over small bumps. The sound stops when any brake pressure is applied but everything was torqued to spec and the noise was still there. Thinking maybe the slide pins have to be greased or replaced.

How loose are brake pads in the caliper bracket?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

installed my new front grill from C-mod grills

That looks pretty sweet! Is it like a completely new piece or does it look like they just took a normal grille and chopped it up. If it's clean, I might try to get one...

"This car blows my deployment money faster than it does head gaskets."

Replaced the spark plugs and ignition wires on the Legacy this week (now at 385,751 miles) - as it rests up a bit prior to the winter. Hoping to get some work at Gore Mountain this season - about 20 minutes away. Subaru becomes the daily driver again.

In the meantime, using the Speed3 a lot this summer... new RE71R's on the 8" wide Enkei's makes every trip out like a mini track day.

13267412_385751miles081821.jpg.9bd3c5e13e202bdc897cd6f2a4d4029c.jpg

32408569_LegacySpeed3.jpg.e2fa069c49f74198a3ebcee481833bac.jpg

Edited by STX 195

As per usual, topped off the oil. Just broke 242k. New clutch from 4 mons and approximately 11k miles crapped out.. Emailed ACT and am waiting on reply.

On another note, is it possible to just get the throw out bearing for a TSK3 kit? Or do I have to buy the whole thing...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Got sick of having half a reverse, started pulling apart my stash of 5 speeds to scavenge for parts. Lowest hanging fruit is one that had only a transfer shaft bearing failure in the aft housing, grabbed a transfer shaft assembly from one of the others with bad synchros. Let's see what happens.

That looks pretty sweet! Is it like a completely new piece or does it look like they just took a normal grille and chopped it up. If it's clean, I might try to get one...

its a completely new grill

As per usual, topped off the oil. Just broke 242k. New clutch from 4 mons and approximately 11k miles crapped out.. Emailed ACT and am waiting on reply.

On another note, is it possible to just get the throw out bearing for a TSK3 kit? Or do I have to buy the whole thing...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Here is a thread with some part numbers.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/people-tsk3-kit-do-you-get-your-tob-your-next-134224.html

Ive been contemplating on selling or keeping my beloved 08 LGT. I did get a hold of Josh Bader since he has great content on youtube and has alot of passion building Subarus. I commented on his channel to see if he would respond, he did and I email him. Awaiting his response and might have found my builder? I have owned my car since 2009 and the second owner since 19k and currently have 142k. Its highly modded and has been pretty good to me since owning. Its definitely time for head gasket repair, so I figure with all the mods I might as well finish her up and get a built shortblock and source a 6 speed. Its been 1 year since its been sitting in garage and gets warmed up here and there. Hopefully everything works out and can get him to do refresh/rebuild. The car literally has every mod done to it and would love to get him to help me finish my project. We shall see what I will decide soon. Thats all I have for now :cool:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Well since we are talking projects... My middle son is pushing me to start on the JDM front end swap, since he helped me bring home JDM SpecB front end clip from shipping terminal. So that's what I have in short-term project plans.

Also will have to figure out the root cause (and hopefully) remedy for the intense smoke from the exhaust that happened at Devens between my run sessions. Car ran fine before and after the event but I chickened out from running in the PM since the smoke cloud was visible from the far corner of the field.

Will post separately about that.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

STI rack is in and alignment is scheduled. Discovered both of the front inner CV boots are starting to split. I'll be replacing both using the method of keeping the axle attached and sliding the rollers out of the inner cup - should be a fun, messy job