LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

I recently switched from H-Techs to Swifts on JDM LGT Bilsteins. The Swifts make a huge difference in the ride - way better than the H-Techs. Here is what they look like on 245/45/18's and 3/4" rear saggy butt spacers. Wheels are 18x8.5 +40 Enkei TS-9. Yes, I had to do some work on the fenders under the overfender.

enhance

enhance

Daaaang! That looks great!

Can you link to the Swifts? I'm on H-Techs w/ 3/4". Also, did the ride height change in the front or rear when switching springs?

I need to do the front lip.... and I want to move to 8.5 or 9" wide wheels. those 18x8.5 +40s look like a perfect fitment. What are you running for camber adjustment in the rear? I think I have more negative camber in the rear, but my Whiteline KCA399 aren't maxed out.

This is exactly the picture I was looking for, and in the same color too! TWINSIES!

Hoping that an 18x8 +45 with 245/40R18 will fit without too much work.

What kind of lip are you running?

You are going to have to roll something. I am sure. We have all had to. Even on OEM wheels + 225/55/17 tires I was wearing away my front fender liner.

If you want to cry a little, check out the Levorg STIs in this Jalopnik article from yesterday:

https://jalopnik.com/yes-america-really-needs-the-subaru-levorg-sti-sport-1833200646

While I love the idea of it. I don't love that car. I think ours look better (especially the JDM models). that just looks awkward to me. I think a lot of it is it looks too much like a hatch back to me. The third window is too small.

I recently switched from H-Techs to Swifts on JDM LGT Bilsteins. The Swifts make a huge difference in the ride - way better than the H-Techs. Here is what they look like on 245/45/18's and 3/4" rear saggy butt spacers. Wheels are 18x8.5 +40 Enkei TS-9. Yes, I had to do some work on the fenders under the overfender.

Those were the wheels I was going to buy before I found my blue ones. It's great to see what my car could have looked like.

Edited by Rhitter

Daaaang! That looks great!

Can you link to the Swifts? I'm on H-Techs w/ 3/4". Also, did the ride height change in the front or rear when switching springs?

I need to do the front lip.... and I want to move to 8.5 or 9" wide wheels. those 18x8.5 +40s look like a perfect fitment. What are you running for camber adjustment in the rear? I think I have more negative camber in the rear, but my Whiteline KCA399 aren't maxed out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PG0R14C/ref=psdc_15731911_t1_B00JUB7IL4

^ That's a link to the ones I purchased. Compared to the H-Techs, they are a tiny bit lower in the front, but ride the same (For the record, I never had a problem with the way the front of the H-Techs rode, it was just the rear). On the rear, they have much more spring rate, so they don't ride like a collapsed spring back there, under an OBXT big butt. My overall impression of the H-Techs were that they were soft and smooth, but were always on the bumpstops. The Swifts have significantly more spring rate front and rear, so while they DO come in contact with the bumpstops a fair bit, they regain their composure much faster. It almost feels like I have more travel with the Swifts. I definitely do in the rear, but it gives the impression in the front, even though there is less with it being a touch lower. We should meet up and you can go for a ride on the Swifts.

I don't know what my camber is - I got it aligned at one point just to make it symmetrical, but I've changed suspension a bunch of times since then and I just center the toe myself. As far as camber hardware, I have the single SPC camber arms. They're junk, I wouldn't recommend them.

Yeah, for sure, I'd like to see how they ride. Of course we have Koni vs Bilsteins happening too. Oh, what bump stop do you have up front? LGT?

With the H-Techs, I don't feel that they are on the bump stop as much as they get into them too easily. The whole front end of my car is crashy on the sharp bumps which is probably just as much the age and wear on all the bushings, than the shocks and springs. Stiffer springs might help, but the damping on slight sharp bumps of the Koni's is also very different than Apexi N1s, which I prefer.

Our etune special is live on the website, I know some of you guys only log onto the site to keep up with this thread and didnt want you to miss out.

Thanks for the support!

Dave

tax-return-sale-new.jpg.b684e6260f1ec31806ff83d1c17fea27.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Yeah, for sure, I'd like to see how they ride. Of course we have Koni vs Bilsteins happening too. Oh, what bump stop do you have up front? LGT?

With the H-Techs, I don't feel that they are on the bump stop as much as they get into them too easily. The whole front end of my car is crashy on the sharp bumps which is probably just as much the age and wear on all the bushings, than the shocks and springs. Stiffer springs might help, but the damping on slight sharp bumps of the Koni's is also very different than Apexi N1s, which I prefer.

I'm asking about recommended coil overs over in the WDYDTY4G thread, which has got me to thinking. Swifts on the Koni's and Whiteline sways front and rear. Soften up the Konis, and put in a progressive bump stop while I'm swapping the springs. I did a ton of bumpstop research in the past, and still have the notes. Eibach's got a bump stop for whatever ails ya. http://eibach.com/m-america/en/motorsport/products/accessories/bumpstops

Hrmmm...

Yeah, the Bilstein vs Koni difference is notable. I have Konis on my other two cars, and I actually prefer Konis for high speed damping. Bilsteins, at least the JDM ones are a little more crashy. But there is the difference in the tophat stack height between the Koni and Bilstein. If I recall, the Bilstein tophats add height, so if you tried these springs on your Konis, you'd be 1/2" lower in the front.

But yeah, since I have Bilsteins, and they're inverted, the bump stop is inside the strut body, so they are as they came. But you're right, a lot of suspension tuning is in the bump stops. That's how BMWs ride so nicely. I played with different bump stops on my WRX suspension, and settled on Ground Control bump stops. I wish I could swap bump stops on the Bilsteins as easily, as I think that would be the only thing I'd want to change on this setup. Oh, and I have Cusco bars front and rear too. While on the subject of bump stops, have you seen that Swift makes bump stop springs? Here's a link, enjoy the rabbit hole!

http://swiftsprings.wpengine.com/products/bump-springs/

Finally received my order. Need to circle the wagons on a front break upgrade, possibly rear as well. Probably just update to GT spec since it is just a street car after all.

New MAF smoothed the beast out quite a bit. Much better fuel delivery and mileage looks better even.

Time for an ATF Pan drop and get ready for a DP and 3port install. May wait so I can add the catback as well. Be nice to add some bark.

Breaks before Catback though, still thinking Namless with 5" cans.

New MAF smoothed the beast out quite a bit. Much better fuel delivery and mileage looks better even.

Breaks before Catback though, still thinking Namless with 5" cans.

Where did you get your MAF? Part number? When I replaced my MAF on my bugeye I just found the OEM equivalent Denso MAF on Amazon for a lot less than the dealership.

I'm also thinking getting the Nameless is the way to go. Wish I could hear one in person. My bugeye is pretty loud and I don't want the XT to be as obnoxious, haha.

^Thanks!

I didn't check the oil the last two fill ups. It was over 2 quarts low!!!

It didn't seem to be consuming that much oil when I first got it, but i have been boosting it a lot, lol.

I'll keep a better eye on it. I'm still planning on compression/leakdown testing it after finals. I found the OB XT Stage 1 map tables on Romraider so I'll throw that on the ecu as well. Interested to see how it feels after that.

Where did you get your MAF? Part number? When I replaced my MAF on my bugeye I just found the OEM equivalent Denso MAF on Amazon for a lot less than the dealership.

I'm also thinking getting the Nameless is the way to go. Wish I could hear one in person. My bugeye is pretty loud and I don't want the XT to be as obnoxious, haha.

Disclaimer: I haven't heard the Nameless in any of it's iterations.

The Nameless with 4" or 5" cans are pretty loud, especially with down pipes. Search for Infosecdad's posts on exhausts as this was covered in the last few months. Just FYI.

Oh yeah, you don’t want the Nameless with 5” “mufflers”. It sounds better (read: louder) than stock and you’ll be convinced that it’s the greatest for a little bit. Then you’ll start being annoyed by the drone and the loudness. Check the classifieds, you’ll see them come up often used and there is a reason. Rhitter has mine now.

^Thanks!

I didn't check the oil the last two fill ups. It was over 2 quarts low!!!

It didn't seem to be consuming that much oil when I first got it, but i have been boosting it a lot, lol.

I'll keep a better eye on it. I'm still planning on compression/leakdown testing it after finals. I found the OB XT Stage 1 map tables on Romraider so I'll throw that on the ecu as well. Interested to see how it feels after that.

Then you'd want what I am currently using (AVO mufflers). Problem is they are pretty hard to find.

Oh yeah, you don’t want the Nameless with 5” “mufflers”. It sounds better (read: louder) than stock and you’ll be convinced that it’s the greatest for a little bit. Then you’ll start being annoyed by the drone and the loudness. Check the classifieds, you’ll see them come up often used and there is a reason. Rhitter has mine now.

True dat. It's the boat I am in now. I have had it off for about a year because of that. I got it sounding pretty good. But, my sensitive ears need a little quieter.

Then, when you can, do like me: hiflow DP + oem midpipe + AVO mufflers. Nice bassy idle, minimal drone, but you do hear it when you go WOT. It is definitely quieter than the Stromung set up. Although comparing apple and orange here cause the Stromung setup is a straight 3" pipe between mufflers and DP.

I have a custom cat back with the stock resonator replaced with a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and Nameless muffler deletes. Stock downpipe with a Grimmspeed catless uppipe, the drone is significantly reduced by the Vibrant resonator, however it is annoying in 5th gear at 70mph on the highway.

IMG_8120.thumb.JPG.976d77f616b87c3d2f5c05ecac596e84.JPG

Edited by Brabs

I had a catless downpipe on for about three days and then could not stand the drone. The completely catless system without mufflers made the spool sound amazing, but I hated the drone, and the smell was not the best either.